# of two-bedrooms at OKW (and more)...

donaldsgal

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We'll have a group of 8 - 5 adults, 3 kids, all under 3 - going to OKW June 3 - 11, 2007. Our points are at SSR, so we can't book at OKW until 7 months out, right? We obviously want to get a two-bedroom vacation villa.
How many of these are there are OKW?
Will we have trouble securing a 2 bedroom 7 months out for June? We are hoping to stay at OKW because we can get a couple of extra nights with our points here by downgrading to a studio after 7 nights, whereas we can only get 7 nights or the week rental at SSR for this size of unit.
Do we specify our preference for room style - "dedicated" or "lock-off"?

Thanks in advance!

Generally, unless folks specifically request lock-offs, when someone books a two bedroom at OKW they use the dedicated inventory first. Yes, specify your preference at tim of booking, but dedicated may not be available. OKW is a large resort, it and SSR are generally the last DVC resorts to fully book up. I think your overall chances for a two bedroom lock-off will be very good, less if you specifically need a dedicated...but there are a lot of both types of units.

If you are wanting to downsize to a studio after several days, the lock-off would be your best choice anyway, so that is probably what I would request. We are doing that in December so we can go from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom after our guests leave. THere is no guarantee you don't have to move, but they will make every effort to keep you in the same unit. Request that when you make the ressie, and mention it again at check in.

I think there are more dedicated 2-bedroom than lock-out.

I have always had a bigger problem getting a lock out than a dedicated.

(but I don't do the 2-bedroom often at all).

there are definitely more 2-bedrooms than any other type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter