Off Kilter......

Happy2BGrumpy

Mouseketeer
Hi -
Any Off Kilter fans out there? My DW and I enjoy them each time we're down at EPCOT and the BCV. Each evening we "concert hop" between British Invasion and Off Kilter. The F&W festival and Flower Power concert series only expand the challenge of "hopping" when we're
there in October and May.

Yep, we really enjoy them! First saw them in May 1998 on our honeymoon, then saw them on our last trip in March 2003. We bought one of their cd's last trip, love it! ::yes::

we love off kilter too! we just saw them here in euclid, ohio at the irish festival this past weekend.

Hmm...you ask if I'm an Off Kilter fan?

Let's just say, if you see a butt groove in one of the left-side benches at the Canadian pavilion, there's a good chance it's mine. ;)

What are your favorite songs?

Scully
:Pinkbounc

Not only do I love Off Kilter, my office has heard their 3 CD's so often that they enjoy their music as well! I can't pick out a favorite song, I enjoy them all. Looking forward to seeing them again this December.

diane

I have been hearing about Off-Kilter for a few years and have yet to see them.. we are going to be there this oct and i was wondering if anyone has a schedule of when they play?

thanks!

kristin

Originally posted by Goofydiane
Not only do I love Off Kilter, my office has heard their 3 CD's so often that they enjoy their music as well! I can't pick out a favorite song, I enjoy them all. Looking forward to seeing them again this December.

diane

Well then you better fgo to Off Kilter site and order their 4th CD!!

It is Live Tracks and is a live show and it is very good.

Hey Disnemom! I was in Euclid too. I was one of the people selling CD's - the lady taking the cash not the credit cards LOL

Debbie

Originally posted by nitsirk987
I have been hearing about Off-Kilter for a few years and have yet to see them.. we are going to be there this oct and i was wondering if anyone has a schedule of when they play?

thanks!

kristin

You can check the Saturday night before you go for their schedule at WDW entertainment

They generally play Sun - THursday and 5 shows a day. They do occasionally have a day off in the middle (usually Tuesday). Also, on occasion they play off site at festivals and such so you may want to check their website (see post above) to see if they will be gone anytime near your date. I do not think they have anything confirmed for October

Have a great time!!!

Debbie

This band seems AWESOME! I am so excited and had NO idea! I told my DH and now we plan on seeing them when we go down next month. Thanks so much for posting on this!!!:rockband:

epcotkilterfan-
hi debbie, i remember seeing you there! we were there on saturday, the first show.my brother(w/blond and green hair)and i bought 2 kids shirts, an adult shirt and shorts and cd, but we paid w/our dsny visa,;) ,not cash.

We love Off Kilter. We tend to see a lot of their sets. I was helping a friend plan her itinerary and told her about them. She thought their music sounded weird, but said she'd check them out. When she got back she told me now much she loved them. The bought two cd's and said she can't believe she almost decided not to sit and listen.

Between Off Kilter and American Vybe, and can stay busy all day!!

Originally posted by EpcotKilterFan
Hey Disnemom! I was in Euclid too. I was one of the people selling CD's - the lady taking the cash not the credit cards LOL

EpcotKilterFan, have you worked the merch table for Off Kilter at other festivals? Or do you just help out for Euclid/ Ohio ones? We went to Grandfather Mountain this year, Indy last year (and will be there again this September)- just wondering if maybe we saw you!

Scully

Originally posted by Scullyrules1013
EpcotKilterFan, have you worked the merch table for Off Kilter at other festivals? Or do you just help out for Euclid/ Ohio ones? We went to Grandfather Mountain this year, Indy last year (and will be there again this September)- just wondering if maybe we saw you!

Scully

No only helped at Euclid this year. Grandfather Mountain is a bit far away.

Disnemom.... I remember your brother! We did not sell many kids shirts so I do remember that.

Small world. :)

Debbie

i never really gave them much of a thought in my previous trips. i always just kinda passed by the stage and kept walking on to the UK.
then this past feb, we had 20 minutes or so to kill before dinner at le cellier, so we watched the end of one of their sets. and now i'll be making a point of watching them whenever possible.

And for those that may not be familiar with the boys, here is one of my photo albums that includes their show at the Riverfront Irish Fest inCuyahoga Falls Ohio, Avalon Park Florida and my trip in May 2004.

Off Kilter Album

And from last weekend at the Euclid Irish Summerfest:
Euclid Pictures

Debbie

Just wanted to send out word for anyone near central Indiana that Off Kilter is scheduled to preform at the Indy Irish Fest September 17-19. I felt I should post this now because last year I found out about the Irish Fest, on these boards, the day after it was over.

Haha, yeah, or anyone not near central Indiana who's hopelessly addicted to Off Kilter and will drive anywhere within three or four hours to get a celtic rock fix...

(It's a good festival too; small but a lot of good bands, Irish dancers, displays, shopping, etc. and for those of us unfamiliar with the area surrounding Indy is interesting to explore as well.)

Scully

Off Kilter? Naaahhh, never heard of them. :)

Seriously, I've planned many WDW itineraries around their schedule. I first saw their show on a reccomendation of a CM friend, and have been hooked since. Scullyrules1013, is that your butt groove or mine on the left hand side of the stage?

Off Kilter has come to play in NJ twice ('02 and '03), and I've been their merchandise person both years, as well as last year in Euclid. It's a fun job to have! :)

Head to their website and order their third CD. I'm listening to it now - it's fantastic!

Hmm, maybe the butt groove is a cooperative effort. ;)

Hey- after you get done with the third CD get the fourth one! :teeth: They are live tracks (I think most of them are from EPCOT when they were at the American Gardens stage, or at least that's what it sounds like) but it's really great to hear the guys interacting with the crowds, telling incredibly corny jokes (oh but of course I'm laughing anyway), and just doing the live versions of the songs. Things like Run Run Away where you get the regular ending instead of the fade-out version (not to mention Mark screeching like a girl) or Goodbye Muirsin Durkin with Randy's snippets from Thank God I'm a Country Boy, Sweet Home Alberta (well they had to link it to Canada somehow), and more.

Scully

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter