Off Kilter......

Scully, I agree with you - I love the corny jokes on the CD, even though I've heard them 1,000 times. The live CD is fantastic - definately my favorite of the four.

If you ever get a chance to see Off Kilter perform outside WDW, jump at the opportunity. IMHO, their performances outside WDW are a lot better than their WDW performances (not that their WDW performances are bad :) ). Go see them if you have the chance!

Originally posted by Debi
If you ever get a chance to see Off Kilter perform outside WDW, jump at the opportunity. IMHO, their performances outside WDW are a lot better than their WDW performances (not that their WDW performances are bad :) ). Go see them if you have the chance!

I completely agree with you there. Although they are fantastic at EPCOT, they really do seem to loosen up a bit and interact with the crowd more at outside festivals. Not to mention ample opportunities for chatting, picture taking, autographs... :) I'm not sure if it's just the change of pace or the less restricted atmosphere (hmm, or perhaps the beer, hah) but fests with OK are sure to be a blast!! Kind of like imagination.

Scully

Scully, you're so right about the less restrictive environment at the Irish festivals. Although I didn't drink this year (I was driving), I'm sure the alchol helped things some. :)

Have fun in Indy, and tell the band that Debbie in NJ says hi!

I'll tell them that but they might get confused- I'll have a Debbie from NJ with me at the time! ;) It's okay...they're used to being a little off-kilter, LOL

Scully :rockband:

Well there are many Debbie's

I think last year at Euclid there were 6 of us in a row....

Debbie---- from Ohio

I love watching these guys perform. Probably ties with 4 For A Dollar at Disney-MGM for my favorite musical group.

I have plans on attending the Indy Irish Fest in hopes to see Off Kilter this year but I am concerned about the schedule of when they will preform. I may only have a small window of time that I would be able to attend. Can anybody tell me, who have been to Indy in the past, when they usually preform. Is it several times a day, each day or one preformance each day or what? I would hate to pay admission to the fest and miss what I feel would be the main attraction.

We saw both Off Kilter and British Invasion last year. I had a crazy friend with me and she dragged all of us (me and her with our 4 kids) up on the stage at the end and we posed for a picture with both groups!!:o Her husband thought we had lost our minds, but guess who was operating the camera!!

Originally posted by Saa62
I have plans on attending the Indy Irish Fest in hopes to see Off Kilter this year but I am concerned about the schedule of when they will preform. I may only have a small window of time that I would be able to attend. Can anybody tell me, who have been to Indy in the past, when they usually preform. Is it several times a day, each day or one preformance each day or what? I would hate to pay admission to the fest and miss what I feel would be the main attraction.

Here is the schedule:

Indy Irish Fest

Debbie

There was quite a Debbie contingent in Euclid last year - 6 Debbie's and 2 Debbie's Mom's. It was quite the weekend! :)

Have a great time in Indy! We want a full report when you get back.

Originally posted by Saa62
Can anybody tell me, who have been to Indy in the past, when they usually preform. Is it several times a day, each day or one preformance each day or what? I would hate to pay admission to the fest and miss what I feel would be the main attraction.

As you've probably already seen from the Indy website link provided by EpcotKilterFan, they perform once Friday night (7pm), twice on Saturday (1:30 & 6:15), and once on Sunday (12:30). May I also recommend, for any die-hard Off Kilter fans (or runners) staying for the Kilted Mile which starts at 2pm Sunday, involves two laps around Military Park (where the fest is held) and is pretty much right after the Off Kilter concert; Mark ran in it last year and has promised to do it again. I'm also (along with two other OK fans I know) running in it since I do have a kilt this year! Of course not a true $600 kilt but the $50 cotton SportKilt that looks pretty darn close. :) Lots of cheering spectators and a fun contest afterwards ("bonniest knees"; "least likely to finish").

If you get a weekend pass ($20 regardless of when you buy it) you can drop in all three days to see them; however if you are only coming one or two days you may want to consider buying advance tickets for $8 a day- you can get them at Borders, Fifth Third Bank, and some others. Of course all this info is also available on the Indy Irish Fest website. (How 'bout that?)

Oh, and for any out-of-towners the Westin, Comfort Inn, and Best Western all have special rates for Indy Irish Fest- just be sure to mention it when you call. If you do need a room though book ASAP because I'm sure they go fast!

Scully :teeth:

Thanks for the link to the schedule. I had been all over that web sight for a month trying to find that information and even emailed them to find the schedule. I guess I was to impatient. I know that was not there a week ago. Thanks again.

They always do a good job of hiding the schedule under the "Music" link instead of having a schedule link on the home page...

Dd, 10, was thrilled last week to be able to get all their autographs and a photo!!! We just love them to pieces. Now, if we could get my dh to love them as much we could spend more time listening to them!! We'll just have to be happy with our cd's!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter