• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off - Season

In the past it has been any time that is not around a holiday or school break. Lately, as far as crowds go, it is during the week not during school breaks. With spring break being so varied between school districts, we don't expect it to let up until after summer is over (September) with weekends being the worst. We lucked out Saturday when it was a forecast of 80% rain and decided to go to the park. It was the best day we've had in a long time and only rained a little. We didn't even buy ponchos! If you had to plan, plan during the week but fireworks and Fantasmic are not shown during the week.

in the past. the beginning of November. The week after Thanksgiving and the weeks after New Years. Not MLK weekend though. February before presidents day isn't that bad..That is when we usually go. We are going in June this year to use our pass for the last time. We know it will be crowded. But not much we can do about that....

Thanks so much! We are planning and trying to figure out a good time. What about labor day weekend?

Many people have suggested that during this, ongoing 50th anniversary celebration, there has been no off-season, except for a brief lull from January through mid-February, when they started offering the 2Fer promotion to SoCal residents. The big question is, will the crowds continue after the anniversary ends, since it has drawn so many out-of-towners.

Labor day weekend will be crowded all holiday weekends are especially those in the summer. I think MLK weekend is the least crowded of all of them (we went then this year and it wasn't bad at all).

I believe the official end date of the celebration is the beginning of October, but that could change. So if that would hold up then September will be packed!

I think the best time to go is Mid january - mid February and end of September until beginning of November. Although with the 50th ending the latter dates probably won't be so empty anymore.

The downside about going in the off season is more rides down for refurb and shorter hours and then the plus of course is low crowds. In the summer it's more crowds but more rides operating and longer park hours! You have to choose what is most important to you I guess!

It was said to last 18 months which would put it until November 5, 2006. Now they are saying through the end of September so they can start in October putting up the Christmas decorations. You can always call or email Disney and see if they have a better answer, but everything I have seen has been either October 2 or November 5.

I have a friend that frequents both DL and WDW. She swears that there IS NO OFF SEASON in DL due to the locals keep it going all the time. But WDW is apparantly different. I was there (calif) last week, and to me it seemed surprisingly crowded for the first of march. Im not good at standing in lines, so maybe my opinion is a little off... but there were PLENTY of bodies!

No, this is the first time apparently that there has been no off-season due primarily to a record number of out-of-towners visiting for the 50th anniversary promotion. Unlike WDW, DL is mainly visited by locals.

MsYumiBr said:
... but fireworks and Fantasmic are not shown during the week.

We'll be there in May. Can someone tell me what nights the fireworks and fantasmic shows take place? Is it Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, or is it just Friday and Saturday?

It makes a difference for our planning, since I want to take the tour that ends with seating above the train station for the fireworks show.

-Shawn

Hi, Shawn!
According to the calendar on Disneyland.com's website, it looks like the fireworks are only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights throughout the month of May.
The last week of May, however, it looks like the fireworks will begin showing nightly, since the park is open until 10 PM.
Hope this works out for you!
We are doing the last 50th Anniversary Tour next Friday, since that is the only day that they offer the one with the fireworks seating, even though they are showing fireworks all week.
I thought that was strange, but I guess they don't have as much of a demand for the tour on weekdays?
Now I just have to hope for clear skies, as the 10 day forecast says there's a 60% chance of showers!
Best to call and find out, although you can't book until you're within 30 days.
Have fun!
Rose :)

I've seen it written in several places that the least crowded times are January and late Sept. We've gone early Nov. and late April and found the weekdays not really crowded. Of course, locals keep it hopping on the weekends, so weekdays are the best. Sundays are the least crowded weekend day, so we usually start our trip on a Sunday to catch the shows/parades that are weekends only, then enjoy the peace and quiet throughout the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter