Off-site, nonchain restaurants?

Chevy's at Crossroads is great. I live in TX and eat mexican at least once a week. But Chevy's is a favorite of mine. We don't have one in TX. As a matter of fact, I asked the mgr., when we were there in May, if they were ever coming to TX. She said NO, to much competition. Wow, are they wrong! Chevy's would be great here.

Just a quick note--I don't know if you have Checkers in Indiana, but we don't have them in Maine so I thought I'd mention it if you find yourself in need of a quick, cheap meal! They are all over the place there, but probably the closest one to Westgate Lakes you will pass on your way to Disney (btw, do you know the Disney shortcut from WGL? Very easy. Basically, take a right outside of the resort, onto Turkey Lake road and continue on thru until you come to the Crossroads area (I think the intersecting road is International Drive, but I could be wrong--terrible with street names). Turn left at those lights, a Disney entrance (by downtown disney) will be on your right, about 2-3 lights down. Took us all of 10 minutes to get to disney that way) The Checkers I'm thinking of is at that intersection where you turn left. They have not only burgers, but also hot dogs (with a variety of toppings). Good fries, too. Just a thought! :)

Oh! Also, if you take a left out of the resort, and another left on Sands Lake road, down to the Publix shopping plaza there is a brand new cuban themed restaurant. I didn't eat there, but it looked really nice!!

Susanne

Yes, that's the Samba Room on West Sand Lake Road, and it is HIGHLY recommended (it has already picked up a big Latin following in town and gets quite busy, so reservations are recommended - 407 226 0550). The nearby Timpano retro-style Italian chophouse is a sister restaurant on the same plaza and is also well worth checking out.

Here are some links to Samba Room articles:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

And their own website: www.sambaroom.com

You might want to try Pacino's on 192 right down from Old Town. They have authentic Italian food. It isnt cheap, but DH and I really enjoyed it. Dinner for two was about $50 with tip.

Longhorns is good for ribs, steak, chicken etc, they are located by Dunkin' Donuts across from Krispy Kreme, sorry I don't know the directions to get you there.
Try the website www.longhornsteakhouse.com

Butchershop is fabulous, a little more pricey, but well worth it!
Location: across from race rocks in a plaza with other stores .
Atmosphere is quiet, you can choose your own steak from the case.

Enjoy!

If you like BBQ, there's an excellent small non-chain place called Bubbalou's BBQ located north of Universal Studios. It's on
Conroy Rd (just west of Kirkman).

Order the "Special" which has 4 types of meat (ribs, chicken, BBQ pork, and one other), beans, cheese bread, and cole slaw for $8.95. I was stuffed after eating all that.

Captain Nemo's Steak and Seafood Restaurant along with Key W. Kool's on West 192 when you are in the WDW area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter