Off-site restaurant suggestions?

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Okay... I realize there are 10-billion choices, but I'm looking for a restaurant suggestion. We're staying off-site (Silver Lake condos...adjacent to Animal Kingdom)...and one night, I'd like to give the family a Disney break (and give our wallets a break!)
We're not picky eaters at all...and have three kids, one as young as 5...so our only requirements are family-friendly and cheaper than average on-site restaurant.
Thanks!

There are several eating places in the Crossroads, at I-4 and Rt. 535 that meet your criteria. Somewhat surprisingly, at least to me, the Perkins Pancake House there has an extensive menu, reasonable prices, and we have never had a bad meal. It's nothing fancy but has never disappointed us---and we've probably eaten there a dozen times, or more...good luck:cool:

Look no further than Jungle Jim's at the Crossroads plaza. It is good, budget-conscious family fun, with a good range of diner-type fare (and a HUGE range of burgers). Check out this reference to them:

Click here!

I vote for the golden corral there's about 6 of them in the area...an all you can eat steak,ham,chicken,fish pizza, deserts icecream fries.....everybody gets to eat what they wanttons of salad vegies and macaroni dishes too lunch til 4:00 is 5.99 ...dinner is 7.99

At the Crossroads by Downtown Disney there is also a Chevy's mexican restaurant and Pebbles a bit more upscale but still reasonable and the is the Olive Garden(like 1 block in the opposite direction of I 4) .

We enjoy Pebbles. There's one at the Crossroads location. Recently ate there and had a great meal and great service.

Sharon

You'll be real close the 192 where there are many restaurants - Bob Evans, Perkins, Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, etc. Just to name a few of the chain reataurants!

Hi,:wave:

If you like steaks or ribs try the Outback on 192 next to Splendid China.
Try the blooming onion for starters (its brill!!!)

Well... I hope brill is something good in Scotland... Here is the US brill is a type of fish! I sure hope that blooming onion doesn't taste like Turbot! Just having a little fun!! Outback is great and the Blooming Onion ..well it's boss!

I second the suggestions for Pebbles at the Crossroads. True there are cheaper places nearby, but none can offer the same bang for your buck.

try the Chicken Vesuvio. Yum.

Tense - LOL! I believe "brill" is short for brilliant. Brilliant = excellent

How about Tony Romas anyone? I heard from someone it was a nice family style restaurant with chicken, ribs, pasta, etc. reasonably priced.

Heard that Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar- B- Que around the Universal area is goo. That is one person's opinion from my husband's office. Anyone care to comment? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter