Off site without Genie+ experiences, please

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
Our trip is June 24-July 2, we'll be staying off site, and most days arriving later (late morning to early afternoon) because I want to be in the parks at night and until close. We're not an open to close family, so late arrival is the only way I get to stay until close. We will have 5 day PH, and I really don't want to pay extra for G+ since there's 4 of us.

Will we still be able to get a boarding pass for Remy (if they're still doing them at that time)? We don't mind waiting in line for ROTR, esp since it seems like the waits haven't been too hateful.

I would love to hear about those staying off site, and didn't get G+. Thanks!

You don't need Genie+ to get a boarding group for Remy. Not sure how it will be in June/July because it hasn't happened yet, but even if you don't get a BG at 7, you should be able to get one at 1. (You don't have to be at the park to try at 7 either)

I would be happy to tell you of my experiences however I'm not sure that you could really get much out of them as the circumstances will be so different than what you would likely encounter. We were just there from October 23rd-28th, the crowds were likely so different from those you'll see in the middle of summer as to make comparisons worthless. In addition our day at MK was for Boo Bash so once again comparing to what you're likely to experience would be useless. :confused3

Revisiting this question as I think i asked to far in advance before, and i also wanted to check out the here now and back thread for a while to see what i could find out. It seems like most of the experiences on that thread are folks that are either staying on site, and if they are offsite, have Genie+, are willing to pay for ILL, rope dropping, or some variation of those things combined.

Good news is we can do standby for Remy :) so that is one question answered.

With it being so crowded lately, i think all offsite, no Genie+, no ILL, and not rope dropping experiences would be helpful. :thanks:

You might start watching the Tip Board on the MDE app; even if the wait times aren't 100% accurate, it will give you an idea of how things are right now. Crowds have been higher than normal lately, and I would expect that to continue through the summer. Honestly, I would expect long waits for most attractions if you arrive in the afternoon; if you aren't planning to watch Enchantment or Harmonious, you may be able to ride during those with shorter wait times.

You might start watching the Tip Board on the MDE app; even if the wait times aren't 100% accurate, it will give you an idea of how things are right now. Crowds have been higher than normal lately, and I would expect that to continue through the summer. Honestly, I would expect long waits for most attractions if you arrive in the afternoon; if you aren't planning to watch Enchantment or Harmonious, you may be able to ride during those with shorter wait times.

I've been doing that, also the lines app. We want to see both shows, since our next trip won't be for a few years and who knows if it will have changed by then. I keep checking and rechecking thinking the waits will get better but nope. I'm expecting an average of an hour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter