Off-topic randomness - a place to ramble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ya'll check this out! Google MOON You can browse the surface of the moon! And for something funny, zoom in as close as possible and the truth of the moon shall be revealed ;)

JoNo said:
hey ya'll check this out! Google MOON You can browse the surface of the moon! And for something funny, zoom in as close as possible and the truth of the moon shall be revealed ;)

And at first I was worried that this was some cruel trick to reveal to us the images of many back-sides...

My lifelong thoughts on the moon have been proven to be correct! Thanks for the moon lesson. LOL

JeanJoe said:
Oh, here's something. If anyone's read the latest Harry Potter (don't worry, no spoilers coming), prominently placed in a special font is printed something like "Just shove a bezoar down their throats!"

I feel so trendy now. But it doeds not sound like a bezoar is very palatable, does it?

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Harry's supposed to arrive from Amazon today. Will you autograph my copy, Joe? :teeth:
I've never chewed on a bezoar, but from what I remember of GI medicine, don't think I'd want to :crazy2:
I've been reading The Horse Whisperer. I thought it really out of place in the book, but the author does mention chimeras.

JoNo said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I found it!

It doesn't get any better! DD is down at soccer camp in CT and managed to make it 2 days before ending up on crutches. She has had ankle problems for a while and for MONTHS I have been telling her, do excersizes, strengthen them etc but she is WAY smarter than me.
So yesterday on the phone I'm like "Come on say it" "You know I was right"
She's like "I would NEVER say that"
They have a trainer at the camp that takes things very seriously though, she said she feels like Curt Schilling the guy is working on her so much :)

WebmasterAlex said:
It doesn't get any better! DD is down at soccer camp in CT and managed to make it 2 days before ending up on crutches. She has had ankle problems for a while and for MONTHS I have been telling her, do excersizes, strengthen them etc but she is WAY smarter than me.
They have a trainer at the camp that takes things very seriously though, she said she feels like Curt Schilling the guy is working on her so much :)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

not the hurt ankle, but everything else.

WebmasterAlex said:

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

I see parenthood just keeps getting better and better! Can I return mine? ;)

JeanJoe said:
Yeah, yeah, I know there's a Community Board, but they scare me.

:rotfl2: How can you be scared of us CB'ers when the scariest CB'er of them all was the one who started this whole VMK forum :p?

I'm not scary :). And I will now admit that despite my CB thread about VMK last week, VMK is really growing on me :blush:. My thanks to those of you who have been showing me the ropes.

So random stuff, huh?? I moved a ton of big chunks of concrete scattered about my yard today to a central pile for us to haul off later. These broken pieces of sidewalk and curb are seemingly randomly placed around our yard - some partly buried, some not buried at all, some little, some big, all heavy. Thank goodness for wheelbarrows. The house was built in the '30s, and I have no idea why anyone had all this stuff in the yard. Anyone need any concrete chunks or old broken bricks?

wow...heavy duty work there.....I'm thinking about building a pool, how much would you charge me??

I just don't feel like working today...or yesterday...wow.....I need a life.

She called me at lunch, the trainer, after much testing, many soaks in ice water buckets, whirlpools, excersizes and electrical shocks from a TENS unit has decided that she has a "Dumb Ankle". Basically her ankle doesn't push back the way it should to prevent injury.
She isn't happy any part of her can be referred to as "dumb" :)
I love it

JeanJoe said:
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

I see parenthood just keeps getting better and better! Can I return mine? ;)

Way too late for that Joe, just suck it up and go with it, you still have a while till the boys come calling . :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Astryd said:
Way too late for that Joe, just suck it up and go with it, you still have a while till the boys come calling . :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh, way to get a dad panicking. I'm gonna buy me a shotgun...

There's a picture of my *1* year old kissing one of her daycare classmates. I asked my wife who it was -- she just laughed at me.

here you go......did you know that more people die per year from OSTRICH attacks then from sharks???
can't say I ever had an ostrich nightmare.

here's the proof..

Peter Stark (2001) has written a book about the risk of death, including that: "When it comes to predatory animals, humans have little to fear but themselves. We kill one another at a rate of more than one million per year, mostly wartime casualties. The second-deadliest threat is snakes, which kill over 100,000 people annually, followed by crocodiles (960), and tigers (740). The much-feared shark falls far down the list - only about seven human victims annually worldwide - making it lightweight compared to the ostrich, which when cornered can kick viciously with hammerlike feet and sharp talons and kills some 14 people every year. A couple more reassuring statistics: In the United States and Canada, you have more to fear from moose (six deaths per year) than any other creature except snakes (12). And the most likely place in the States to be attached by an alligator (three deaths between 1992 and 1998) is not deep in some swamp, but on a golf course."

WebmasterAlex said:
She isn't happy any part of her can be referred to as "dumb" :)
I love it

See?? What did I tell you guys? He's not only scary; he's also a meanie :teeth:.

PepeLePirate said:
I just don't feel like working today...or yesterday...wow.....I need a life.

I'm not always so industrious, either. Just ask my friends :rolleyes1. But there is something that just feels good about a little manual labor that gets me all sweaty and dirty ::yes::. I'm all cleaned up now, though :goodvibes. That good dirty feeling only lasts so long. . .

JeanJoe said:
Oh, way to get a dad panicking. I'm gonna buy me a shotgun...

There's a picture of my *1* year old kissing one of her daycare classmates. I asked my wife who it was -- she just laughed at me.

Hey Joe: I have a very handsome, smart and funny 4 year old boy who is currently single; he loves Disney (of course), loves Goofy & Donald Duck, and has his own electric powered vehicle so he could take your girls out....I mean I'm just saying :moped: :love1: :rotfl2:

As a veteran of the community board I can say...

Be afraid, be very very afraid!!!! :scared1:

KristaTX said:
I'm not always so industrious, either. Just ask my friends :rolleyes1. But there is something that just feels good about a little manual labor that gets me all sweaty and dirty ::yes::. I'm all cleaned up now, though :goodvibes. That good dirty feeling only lasts so long. . .

*cough* *cough*....you were talking about the hard labor you did with the concrete slabs right?? :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter