Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

I know I haven't been posting at all but as pre race nerves are starting to settle in (a week early I know but I fly Thursday and I have a lot going on in addition to the DDD). Just thought I would say hi I guess. In the D corral. Running the 10k with a friend but running the half solo.
I'll see you in D... that's where I'll be starting, too. :)

Been checking the weather sites and everything looks to be pretty seasonal- no surprises in store.
Started packing yesterday and hope to get the bulk of it done today. We leave Wednesday so I need to be finished Tuesday and packing 4 people into 3 suitcases isn't easy! I have so many other things besides this trip going on and I am getting a little stressed but I got a lot of my list done yesterday so that us good.
Ran 7 yesterday and I think I will take is easy and only run 3-4 up until the races, my heel is very sore and I want it to be fresh.
Excitement is setting in!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Trying to pack as well, but the weather has me so thrown. I just don't know how the humidity differences will affect me. I was in L.A. a couple years ago in April and I remember feeling chilly. I think the temps were in the 70's but I wasn't running, either. I would love to only have to take a carry-on, I'm just not sure I'm being realistic for 5 days of clothes plus running gear... I was planning on wearing my race shirts Sat, Sun and Mon, so will help with some room. Anyone have ideas of what colors they will be? :confused3

Dumbo Double Dare participant here. Doing my last long run pre-race today. Ran 4 miles yesterday and felt pretty good! I will be in Corral F (I'm slow but I just want to finish, I've been running for almost 1 year now since doing Couch 2 5k).

I did a warm up race last month. As you can see, I already have some pixie dust on my shoes. (My nephew's first 10k as well).

969158_10201550798875590_861359149_n.jpg

Have lost 32 lbs so far and still going. Running is just magical! :wizard:

Wife is running the 10k though I talked her into doing the half marathon in WDW in January. :hyper:
Congrats to you and your nephew! Looks like you had fun! See you @ DDD!
Hey, anyone going to the Pasta Party? Has anyone ever been? How was it?
Sorry, I can't help you. I have never been and not going this trip, either.

I remember seeing something several pages back about a possible meet up. Was it ever finalized? I'll be honest, I didn't go back through and search didn't help me.
I don't remember seeing final plans. Last I heard was Sat at 4, I think??? I would love to know, too.

The good news is I never saw another suggestion of place and time, so the one that was offered wins! 4pm Sat at the fountain outside World of Disney on the GC side is what I saw earlier in the thread. I thought the fountain was on the DL/DCA gate side but I might be thinking of a different one. I'm sure it'll be easy to find the gaggle. :thumbsup2

There are a few fountains in DTD -- we found out when we did the first Tink meet. I will try and take a picture of the WOD entry and fountain across from it and post it here when I arrive Wednesday.

Looking forward to seeing all the WISH peeps! :cool2:

I know I haven't been posting at all but as pre race nerves are starting to settle in (a week early I know but I fly Thursday and I have a lot going on in addition to the DDD). Just thought I would say hi I guess. In the D corral. Running the 10k with a friend but running the half solo.
I will be starting in D as well. Running both solo, but counting on the cheers filtered through my Nike+ app and Facebook.

Dumbo Double Dare participant here. Doing my last long run pre-race today. Ran 4 miles yesterday and felt pretty good! I will be in Corral F (I'm slow but I just want to finish, I've been running for almost 1 year now since doing Couch 2 5k).

Fellow F corraler here too! Hoping to beat my last half time. I did the first in 2:55, if I can get down to 2:50 I will be happy! Good luck on Sunday!

Best of luck to everyone this week! Safe travels as well! I am leaving Wednesday night and of course it is predicted to be thunderstorms! Hasn't rained all summer in Boston! Figures. Also trying to break in some new running shoes between now and Sunday. Been wearing them everywhere and doing short runs with them. So far no blisters!

As for packing, I have my carry-on packed with everything I will need for race day, and my big suitcase for pretty much everything else. I have laid out all my race necessities so I don't forget them. Had some drama over the weekend thinking I threw away several gift cards as well as my AP! I don't think I will relax until I get off the plane at LAX on Wednesday night haha!

Can someone tell me how the Dumbo Double Dare medals work? How do they know on completion of 1/2 that I did the dare etc?

Also is it true, people not completing still get a medal?

Can someone tell me how the Dumbo Double Dare medals work? How do they know on completion of 1/2 that I did the dare etc?

"Dumbo Double Dare participants will receive one race bib which must be
worn for both the 10K and the Half Marathon. After completing the 10K,
Dumbo Double Dare participants will receive a special wristband. Upon
completing the Disneyland® Half Marathon, please present your attached
wristband at the Dumbo Double Dare Tent located in the Finisher’s
Chute. You will trade your wristband in for a Dumbo Double Dare medal."

Also--and this raises hackles with many people--Disney seems to have a policy of giving medals to swept runners.

Maura

PS I just popped in to WISH everyone safe travels and great races!

1MCSCROOGE said:

I received the marathon medal this year even though I was swept at mile 21. There were plenty of goofy runners who got swept and received the marathon medal as well. That said, I'm pretty sure they were not getting the goofy medals.

Edit: I see someone else already responded! And actually knows how the medals work for this Dare.... Just ignore me :P

"Dumbo Double Dare participants will receive one race bib which must be
worn for both the 10K and the Half Marathon. After completing the 10K,
Dumbo Double Dare participants will receive a special wristband. Upon
completing the Disneyland® Half Marathon, please present your attached
wristband at the Dumbo Double Dare Tent located in the Finisher’s
Chute. You will trade your wristband in for a Dumbo Double Dare medal."

Also--and this raises hackles with many people--Disney seems to have a policy of giving medals to swept runners.

Maura

PS I just popped in to WISH everyone safe travels and great races!

Total newbie. What is a chute? And does my bib have something cool on it showing I'm a DDD runner?

Total newbie. What is a chute? And does my bib have something cool on it showing I'm a DDD runner?

The finisher's chute is a secure area after the finish line that you walk through towards the exit and along the way receive medals, water, food, take pictures, etc.

The DDD bibs will be different from the 10K & half bibs, so it'll be pretty obvious who the DDD runners are. They'll probably be a different color, I'm guessing.

The finisher's chute is a secure area after the finish line that you walk through towards the exit and along the way receive medals, water, food, take pictures, etc.

The DDD bibs will be different from the 10K & half bibs, so it'll be pretty obvious who the DDD runners are. They'll probably be a different color, I'm guessing.

Thank you! Will we get our times there too?

I think I signed my niece to track me. Should I sign up too?

So if I understand, we have to find out our official time online?
From page 28 of the race program:
Event Results
A complete list of results for the Half Marathon and 10K will be posted online at runDisney.com following the events.
Half Marathon Finisher Certificates
Participants who finish the Half Marathon in less than three and a half hours will be able to download a finisher certificate at MyDisneyMarathon.com/Disneyland approximately two weeks after the race.

I'm sending my tracking to facebook so I have a record of it that I can check after the race. I'll be using my phone and don't want to hear the texts come through.

I was going to ask if there was a get together. But I'm seeing a brief mention. Is it too late to sign up? And if so where and when is it? I am trying to take it easy with the DDD so my only park time will be on Friday evening for dinner at Blue Bayou and for Sword in the Stone (personal fav and happy they're screening it). And maybe for Pasta Party (we have tickets but my local friend introduced us to a really good local restaurant that we might end up at instead).

On a side note I am hoping that my 7:30 in the morning doctors appointment doesn't go to long (thankfully its just over at UCI so its a hop, skip and a jump from the hotel) and the line to get in the expo isn't a headache by the time I get back to the hotel. I think this is the only time I've been happy to have a really early doctor's appointment! I really want another pair of the New Balance running shoes. Can't believe how much I adore my current pair!

I think I signed my niece to track me. Should I sign up too?

So if I understand, we have to find out our official time online?

I usually sign myself up, too, so I have my time right away. But yeah, there isn't anywhere at the finish to go and check your time, it's all online, and pretty much right away.

I was going to ask if there was a get together. But I'm seeing a brief mention. Is it too late to sign up? And if so where and when is it?

As far as I understand, you don't have to sign up, just show up on Saturday at 4 PM at the fountain outside World of Disney on the Grand Californian side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter