• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

Hi all, super excited for this weekend! We won't be getting in until Saturday morning (silly work) so I'll be keeping up with this thread to see what merch is still available...

Also I had a quick question about the course. It looks like the castle might be in mile 2 or at the beginning of mile 3. Does that seem right? I got a stress fracture back in May and just got out of my boot/cast about 3 weeks ago. I am really, really hoping to get through the whole race but that might not be possible. Keeping my foot unbroken is more important than this half. I definitely want the castle picture though so I want to make sure I knew where it was. TIA!

Hi all, super excited for this weekend! We won't be getting in until Saturday morning (silly work) so I'll be keeping up with this thread to see what merch is still available...

Also I had a quick question about the course. It looks like the castle might be in mile 2 or at the beginning of mile 3. Does that seem right? I got a stress fracture back in May and just got out of my boot/cast about 3 weeks ago. I am really, really hoping to get through the whole race but that might not be possible. Keeping my foot unbroken is more important than this half. I definitely want the castle picture though so I want to make sure I knew where it was. TIA!

Looks like it's right around 2.5 this year, so you should be OK.

Just got back to Tennessee from Arizona a couple hours ago. Leaving for Anaheim Thursday! The problem is I couldn't find my wireless headphones before I left for AZ and I MUST have them for DDD. I hate that I may be ordering more tomorrow morning, but I have become spoiled. Can you ship things to Disneyland hot

I decided I am going to go to the expo on Thursday. I don't want to risk not getting Dumbo stuff. Not staying on site until Friday though. I have the PTO ... why not, right? LOL

Just got back to Tennessee from Arizona a couple hours ago. Leaving for Anaheim Thursday! The problem is I couldn't find my wireless headphones before I left for AZ and I MUST have them for DDD. I hate that I may be ordering more tomorrow morning, but I have become spoiled. Can you ship things to Disneyland hot

Yes! I shipped something last week (called and asked to confirm). She did say it takes and extra day to get to you, so if tracking says Wednesday expect to get or Thursday, and if you have a tracking number that's best.

Also address should be name (that matches the reservation), street address (From the website) arrival date 8/31 or whatever it is, and then city state zip.

In addition to getting snacks from the "fuel mule" during the race, I will be stealing @Keels Mickey ears. These look amazing!

@Keels - YOUR EARS ARE GORGEOUS. :D

Thanks, y'all! I'm blushing! I did make a few extras if anyone wants some!

-------

Anyway. In other news, a little stressful around here today. My husband left for California yesterday evening (he works for a website based in Santa Monica). He landed at LAX last night and was caught up in the whole shooter fiasco at LAX. It made for a long, stressful night to say the least.

So, today was supposed to be finalizing everything and packing day and I'm really just lacking motivation. Hopefully, I'll find some inspiration here in the next few hours to start getting my act together.

But everything else is pretty much ready - just finalized my Von's order for grocery delivery. Updated all my ADRs for our meals. Just gotta start throwing all of my crap in a suitcase and decide what I'm going to wear after the races!

Thanks, y'all! I'm blushing! I did make a few extras if anyone wants some!

-------

Anyway. In other news, a little stressful around here today. My husband left for California yesterday evening (he works for a website based in Santa Monica). He landed at LAX last night and was caught up in the whole shooter fiasco at LAX. It made for a long, stressful night to say the least.

So, today was supposed to be finalizing everything and packing day and I'm really just lacking motivation. Hopefully, I'll find some inspiration here in the next few hours to start getting my act together.

But everything else is pretty much ready - just finalized my Von's order for grocery delivery. Updated all my ADRs for our meals. Just gotta start throwing all of my crap in a suitcase and decide what I'm going to wear after the races!
Yikes! I heard on Twitter about LAX. Sorry to hear it affected him and you!

Gorgeous ears - the countdown is on! It's amazing here today! But a bit warm. (But probably not for you ;) )

Yes! I shipped something last week (called and asked to confirm). She did say it takes and extra day to get to you, so if tracking says Wednesday expect to get or Thursday, and if you have a tracking number that's best.

Also address should be name (that matches the reservation), street address (From the website) arrival date 8/31 or whatever it is, and then city state zip.

Thank you!

I'm glad to hear that you husband was safe, btw. :)

Thanks. I won't lie - it was pretty effing scary and I pretty much died a million deaths until I knew he was safe at the hotel. I can't even imagine what it would've been like if I'd been there. Even though the police never found anyone, it sounded like just sheer horror and panic.

He said he was walking off the plane and this giant throng of people were running towards his gate screaming, crying with people yelling "Shooter behind us!" - so he turned around and ran back down the jetway onto the plane. He said the flight attendants and pilots were heroes. They immediately got people on the plane, shut and locked the front door and fired up the engine and pulled away from the jet bridge. They let them off the plane about an hour later, they all had to go through security (think reverse TSA) and then of course, he couldn't get out of the airport to get to the rental car shuttle, so he just walked the 1.5 miles to the rental car place - wheeling his bag with him. He was so happy he decided to carry-on and send all of his checked baggage stuff with me.

@Keels what a nightmare! I'm glad it appears to have been a false alarm. This obviously shows lots of problems at LAX and how unprepared everyone was.

Thanks. I won't lie - it was pretty effing scary and I pretty much died a million deaths until I knew he was safe at the hotel. I can't even imagine what it would've been like if I'd been there. Even though the police never found anyone, it sounded like just sheer horror and panic.

He said he was walking off the plane and this giant throng of people were running towards his gate screaming, crying with people yelling "Shooter behind us!" - so he turned around and ran back down the jetway onto the plane. He said the flight attendants and pilots were heroes. They immediately got people on the plane, shut and locked the front door and fired up the engine and pulled away from the jet bridge. They let them off the plane about an hour later, they all had to go through security (think reverse TSA) and then of course, he couldn't get out of the airport to get to the rental car shuttle, so he just walked the 1.5 miles to the rental car place - wheeling his bag with him. He was so happy he decided to carry-on and send all of his checked baggage stuff with me.

So scary!! I am glad he is okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter