"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just back from Disney. Had tickets for the 10/6 and 10/7 parties, both of which were cancelled Would have been our first MnSSHP. Guess we will just have to try again next year!

Oh, my! I know you were looking forward to the party. Glad you made it home safe though. Yes, next year! :goodvibes

Life & nature happens when least expected, & not when you want it to, our trip will be shortened for health reasons, but will make the most of it!

Back from my first party. What a blast!!! So much to do and yet still never enough time. Was able to get out Thursday afternoon so we were able to beat Matthew taking over. We didn’t watch any of the parades or fireworks though. We were doing rides and magic shots. Planned on doing the 2nd parade but we were sooooo exhausted that we just wanted to leave and beat the crowds to the buses but did get to see the headless horseman kick it off on our way out. Loved it!! And coming home with 2 Ziploc bags full to the top of candy! I’ve been on a sugar rush ever since LOL. Most of the rides were walk on. The only ride with a “line” was 7DMT which was 25 throughout the night but we had a FP+ for it at 4:30 so we rode it when we got to the park. Again, I missed getting the collectors card. Last year, for my 1st trip and Christmas party I forgot all about it so missed out. This year I remembered but when I stopped by on my way in, I was told to come back at 7pm. Of course, I forgot all about it and remembered on the way out and it was already closed. Oh well. I sure hope that I can do the party again next year. Definitely had a blast.
2_1.jpg

Hi, did anyone go to the Oct 4th party? We were there and we were so lucky to get it in before Thursday night. It was so awesome!!! We went as Gravity Falls family. We did everything we wanted and did check in at 4pm. It has been 3 years since we went and it seemed to be a lot less crowded then it was a couple of years ago. Even Haunted Mansion was about a 5 min wait. It was a great evening and we closed it down! The only let down was that adults did not dress up as much as they did years before. I think the new costume rules have subdued everyone. I surely missed wearing my full ball gown, but going as a redhead was fun!

I did! It was great. So glad that the rain had stopped. We got drenched around 2 at Disney Springs so we were scared. Then when we got back to the resort and changed it didn’t stop but thankfully it stopped on the way to the MK. We got out of Orlando Thursday afternoon so we sure got lucky. Every ride we went on was walk up. Loved it!

We were scheduled to go to the party on October 6th. When it looked like the hurricane was heading towards us we changed our party to October 4th.

A few random thoughts:
*I thought that the party was extremely crowded. We watched the first parade right beside the Liberty Bell and the crowd behind me was at least 5-6 rows deep. Perhaps I was expecting low crowds due to the fact that I had never been to a party before. I was just quite surprised as to how many people were there.
*Disney was great about changing our party to the 4th and didn't give us any problems. The only thing was that they charged me an additional $35 beyond our original cost. I get that there wasn't an AP discount that night but I think that they charged me for buying tickets the day of the party. Pretty disappointing considering I was changing due to the hurricane.
*The candy was good but I was surprised as to how little chocolate we received. We have tons and tons of skittles. I don't really care that much because if I had more chocolate then I would just eat it. However, with the price of the party being so expensive it seems like the majority of the candy should have been the more expensive type.
*Most cast members gave 2-3 pieces of candy in each line. My 5 year old didn't want to keep standing in trick or treat lines so we gave up and didn't really get that much candy.
*At the end of the night (after the 2nd parade) we were able to walk onto just about any ride that we wanted to.
*Early in the night I thought that the wait times for rides were quite long. We had at least a 20 minute wait for Dumbo and Peter Pan was a 40 min. wait!
*We loved the parade and the fireworks. Both were great!

I can't remember everything right now as it has been almost a full week. We ended up being stuck in Florida for a few extra days due to the hurricane so I couldn't post until now.

I don't think that this is an event that we will do again. I did really like how the rides were walk on at the end of the night (after 11 pm) but I feel the cost was too high to justify such long waits early in the night. Perhaps our expectations were unrealistic... I don't know.

A few random thoughts:
*Most cast members gave 2-3 pieces of candy in each line. My 5 year old didn't want to keep standing in trick or treat lines so we gave up and didn't really get that much candy.

Wow, really? We got handfuls and I mean handfuls at each stop. When I stepped up to one and said "trick or treat" she even said "oh she said it. For that you get another handful." We each came home with 2 gallon sized Ziploc bags full to the top and the free Disney candy bag full.

Wow, really? We got handfuls and I mean handfuls at each stop. When I stepped up to one and said "trick or treat" she even said "oh she said it. For that you get another handful." We each came home with 2 gallon sized Ziploc bags full to the top and the free Disney candy bag full.
That was our experience too. image.jpeg
That's just hitting about half of the stops if not less than half. We never made it past haunted mansion area for trick or treating. We have a lot of M&Ms, milky ways and dove. The ghirardhelli is from the HalloWishes party.

Hmmmm..... No idea why our experiences were so different. Were you at the same party as I was? Did you trick or treat early or late? We only went in the candy lines early as my son didn't want to do it anymore later in the evening.

Hmmmm..... No idea why our experiences were so different. Were you at the same party as I was? Did you trick or treat early or late? We only went in the candy lines early as my son didn't want to do it anymore later in the evening.

I went last Tuesday, October 4. We started getting candy when the party started (we did the people mover and got off around 7:05 and there was a treat station right there so that was our first one). And we did it until 11:30 when we left. We hit every station we saw. I even went into the circus tent and there was 4 barrels with treat stops. Handfuls at each. Then at the last one, the gal told me to go to the other side and get more. My friend was waiting for me and I texted her and said “get in the circus tent. SO much candy.” LOL

I'm realizing I have nooo idea where we should stake a spot for the shows and parade. I was kind of hoping to just hit them all in a row from the same spot, HalloWishes, Hocus Pocus, and then Boo to You, but I'm not sure if it's possible or how early we'd have to find our spot to be able to see all three events. Any ideas?

Hi guys!! We're heading to the party this Sunday and I was wondering what characters meet before 7? We're planning on arriving at 4 and I'm having trouble finding this information.

Last week, the 7 Dwarfs were out a little after 6pm. I was 5th in line (lined up at 5:15) and was out by 6:10. I heard someone later that night say Jack and Sally were out a bit after 5:30. Make sure you have your wristband because they want to see them while you are in line.

One snag that I did have for the party; make sure you go to the entrance to YOUR right. That’s where they give out the wristband. We were in line and a CM told us and others to go to the left since the line was shorter. Now, in December for the Christmas party I recalled wristbands to the right but she insisted we go to the left. We did. Scanned my magic band. Then inside I asked the guy where to get the wristband. He said “you came in wrong. You realize you lost a day in the park because you just scanned your band for a regular day”. He was SO rude! The only rude CM I ever experienced. Then he said ‘go out, get back in that line over there’ and walked away. Another gal came up and stopped us. Said no, we don’t need to go out. She said it happens all the time. Told us to just go to the City Hall. The gal there was so nice. Apologized for the gal taking us to the wrong side. Made sure to put the “credit’ back on our bands so we would’nt have any issue at Epcot the next day. So just letting anyone know, if a CM tells you to go to another line, DON’T GO! Stay to the right.

One snag that I did have for the party; make sure you go to the entrance to YOUR right. That’s where they give out the wristband. We were in line and a CM told us and others to go to the left since the line was shorter. Now, in December for the Christmas party I recalled wristbands to the right but she insisted we go to the left. We did. Scanned my magic band. Then inside I asked the guy where to get the wristband. He said “you came in wrong. You realize you lost a day in the park because you just scanned your band for a regular day”. He was SO rude! The only rude CM I ever experienced. Then he said ‘go out, get back in that line over there’ and walked away. Another gal came up and stopped us. Said no, we don’t need to go out. She said it happens all the time. Told us to just go to the City Hall. The gal there was so nice. Apologized for the gal taking us to the wrong side. Made sure to put the “credit’ back on our bands so we would’nt have any issue at Epcot the next day. So just letting anyone know, if a CM tells you to go to another line, DON’T GO! Stay to the right.

Were you dressed in costume? I hope they corrected the cm who insisted you go to the left. You would think cms would know these things.

On 9/29 we got tons of candy with little effort. I do have to say a lot was skittles but we had several gallon bags full (2 of us). My daughter was in a play and took it to practices and those kids gobbled it all up - was a great way to get rid of it all! I thought the quality was very good. I remember when we last went years ago we got a lot of lower quality candy like tootsie rolls and generic chocolate

Were you dressed in costume? I hope they corrected the cm who insisted you go to the left. You would think cms would know these things.

I would hope I wouldn't look like this daily LOL And we were both carrying trick or treat bags of our own. I even said to her "we need to get in for the party" and she still said "yes, shorter lines over here".

9.jpg

I would hope I wouldn't look like this daily LOL And we were both carrying trick or treat bags of our own. I even said to her "we need to get in for the party" and she still said "yes, shorter lines over here".

9.jpg

You look great! Obviously an uninformed cast member unfortunately.

Hi, did anyone go to the Oct 4th party? We were there and we were so lucky to get it in before Thursday night. It was so awesome!!! We went as Gravity Falls family. We did everything we wanted and did check in at 4pm. It has been 3 years since we went and it seemed to be a lot less crowded then it was a couple of years ago. Even Haunted Mansion was about a 5 min wait. It was a great evening and we closed it down! The only let down was that adults did not dress up as much as they did years before. I think the new costume rules have subdued everyone. I surely missed wearing my full ball gown, but going as a redhead was fun!

We were there October 1. We were supposed to go again on October 7, but it was cancelled. We did notice more Disneybounding and less costumes, but we still saw a lot of great costumes. We also noticed, thankfully, that Disney was pretty lax on the cape rule-- we saw several that went below the waist even down to the knees (nothing really below that). We saw several people that had pinned or tucked their ball gowns up and then let them down once they were inside the park. We never saw any CMs make an issue. We did see a few adults wearing full face masks, and the CMs did make an issue of that. We saw several adults who had pulled out an Incredibles mask out after getting into the park and put it on for photos etc- and photopass did not appear to have any issues with that and we saw a couple of people walking around with them on and the CMS were not stopping them. We also saw several people who had just painted the incredibles mask on their face with make-up--- as well as other adults using face paint instead of masks.

It is my understanding the October 4 party was sold out. We were talking to someone that morning who had tried to get tickets for that night and said that they were unable to do so, because it had sold out with people switching tickets or buying tickets due to the anticipated hurricane. Glad you had fun! We thought about buying tickets for that one the day before, but DD really didn't want to give up 1900 Park Fare.

I was not a big fan of the party merchandise this year. We didn't buy any of it. Neither DD, nor I cared much for the shirt or pin designs. Last year we spent a small fortune on it, so I guess it was good we saved money on this this year.

We were really bummed about missing our 2nd party. We just love the whole party atmosphere and seeing what all the guests are wearing. We did a lot the first night, but the early rain threw us off because it messed up our Jack and Sally plan, so we wound up waiting for them for an hour of party time later (that was pretty much all me- even though we saw them last year, I just love them). Luckily other than the Tweedles- DD didn't care that much about seeing every character this year (we went to 3 parties last year and 2 the year before and the year before that, so we have seen pretty much all of them before), and we got the parade and Hocus Pocus show done. The things we had planned for Friday and are really bummed we missed were seeing Belle and Gaston together, tracking down the Hitchhiking ghost shot (which is my favorite every year), and seeing Carlotta in front of the Haunted Mansion. I think DD was most sad about missing Carlotta because she absolutely loves her (to the point where when we saw her last year, she remembered DD from the year before). We got over there a couple of times on our first party, but we missed her both times. The fact there is the scrim on the HM and the bench is much closer, really did seem to detract from the HM area this year- which is usually our favorite area at MNSSP, but we still would have really liked to have listened to Carlotta tell her stories and to have had a chance to tell her hello.

Does anybody know where in Adventure Land the Aladdin characters meet? This is my first year attending MNSSHP and they're #1 on my list for the M&G :D

Does anybody know where in Adventure Land the Aladdin characters meet? This is my first year attending MNSSHP and they're #1 on my list for the M&G :D

Jafar meets against a wall near the Flying Carpets.

Jasmine meets with Genie and they switch off every half hour to Aladdin and Abu. They meet in Aladdin and Jasmine's usual meeting spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter