******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't necessarily rule out FD though, right? There's always been both FD and Room Only at the same time????

I have done feee dining for the past 5 years or so. I have always been able to get it days and sometimes weeks after. Actuall waiting usually means more rooms released and better choices. I have booked early and then waited as others have come up. Let it settle down a bit. Haha

So true! Only time I've done it I found out two weeks late (weren't even planning a trip) Last year there was still dates available 4 weeks after it came out. I just want something very specific and if I don't get it want to know there was no way I was going to get it.

This mornings discount is awful! If I have to change and cant stay with my Bounceback at WL, pop century is only $100 cheaper then what I am currently booked at for a deluxe (adding in dining package and park hopper)! I can't take this! DH needs to find out about this job asap!!! There's hardly anything offered in August except expensive club level!!!

This doesn't necessarily rule out FD though, right? There's always been both FD and Room Only at the same time????

This does not rule out FD. Summer discounts usually drop in March. Last year it was 3/14 so later this year. I have not looked at past years though to know how much they differ. FD discounts last year were released 4/25 so long way to go before we can really rule them out. The room discounts for fall usually come out when FD does so next rounds of something is happening will probably be it. Even though they could change it up of course.

This mornings discount is awful! If I have to change and cant stay with my Bounceback at WL, pop century is only $100 cheaper then what I am currently booked at for a deluxe (adding in dining package and park hopper)! I can't take this! DH needs to find out about this job asap!!! There's hardly anything offered in August except expensive club level!!!

So am I understanding that it is $100 cheaper but you get food and park hopper. If you keep WL then you still have to pay for food? Or was that a FD bounce back?

I have no doubt it is available in the days and weeks after it drops, but for people (like me) who have locked in dates and a budget for their accommodation that limits their room choices, getting in early makes sense. If you're flexible with dates and will organise your holiday around free dining, then you're more likely to get FD.
Last year I booked fd the morningnnit was released and had to book a water. View room. I checked the site daily for a month and eventually the standard room popped up. They definitely release more as the weeks go by

What BS- I got through to someone at 7:02am- there's no availability for the room discount in the Contemproary Garden Wing. Not even regular tower rooms- just Tower club level. I'm so mad

I decided not to set my alarm, as I was pretty certain it wouldn't be free dining. I have a terrible time getting back to sleep after I've been woken lately, so I didn't want to be exhausted today for nothing. Then I proceeded to dream that I missed the release and I was trying desperately to navigate a slow and glitchy website to try and get it. Apparently my subconscious didn't agree with my decision to not get up and check.:rolleyes:

Agree. I didn't plan on being a regular here until mid April but then rumblings of early release happened. So just looks like we were way early to the party. But once my addiction has started.... lol.
Right? I was up at midnight and again from 4-5:15 checking. Now I'm extra tired on this rainy Monday morning.

But here's a question. Don't the summer discounts usually end before FD begins? In other words summer offers are good until, for example 8/15 and then FD would start 8/16 or after? Like there's no overlap between summer discounts and FD? But this morning's deal is good until 8/31. Does that mean so FD until after that???

So am I understanding that it is $100 cheaper but you get food and park hopper. If you keep WL then you still have to pay for food? Or was that a FD bounce back?
I paid 3500 for WL FD BB (so room, tickets, park hopper and food) if I have to go three days earlier it would be 3400 for me to stay at pop and pay for dining, park hopper, tickets, and room! I am praying that I can either leave my Bounceback as is or they will be willing to let me change it....if we move to VA I would have to change it because they start school earlier then NY and the way I have it now Ds would miss the first 2 days of school!

But here's a question. Don't the summer discounts usually end before FD begins? In other words summer offers are good until, for example 8/15 and then FD would start 8/16 or after? Like there's no overlap between summer discounts and FD? But this morning's deal is good until 8/31. Does that mean so FD until after that???
Last year it overlapped! Discounts ended 8/25 and FD started 8/23 and 8/14 for Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter