******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Value resort question: So it seems like POP is going to fill up pretty darn fast once FD is dropped. Since AoA standard rooms aren't usually included, do you all have any preferences on what the next 'best' value resort is? I stayed at ASM on a trip in high school and it was fine. It seems like all of the AS resorts are pretty similar.

We have stayed at Pop, ASM- both music and movies and to me they're all fine. We don't stay at resort much anyway. This time we r staying at music over pop bc a little cheaper.

If we already have a reservation, but not the PH tickets (just regular base tickets), we'll be able to change our promotion to FD and upgrade our tickets once that becomes available, right?

Ok so in a moment of panic I went ahead and booked yesterday thinking I would just use the "change reservations" button for the FD like someone posted to do. Now I'm reading that I will need to just do a whole new reservation?? :sad1:

Attachments

• IMG_5877.PNG
    IMG_5877.PNG
    161.1 KB · Views: 45
The main webiste has updated, yesterday you could see that it says "included most dates between 21st August - December 23rd"
The website now says "Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and ... " under the website title, it still cant be accessed, it still shows goofy "special offer not available"
Wow...this is very interesting. I don't think anyone thought about this as a possibility.

what about the 6 night thing? I wouldnt be to concerned... even the british offers are 7 or 14 days deals... Most foreign packages as a standard start at a week. I would think for this market, this is how they do the promos..

I did a bounce back at a value from last year. I've been talking myself into upgrading to the regular dining plan, but last minute decided I like the freedom over a sit down meal. I have two new people with me and thought that the need to be somewhere with a specific time is too strenious, exspecially not knowing how one will do with all the walking. The days might be shorter for that one person and then would have to stress that he makes it to the reservation. Nope, quick service is just fine for us.
My sweetie and I have decided to do just QS in Epcot next time we go. The rush to get from one place to another can feel less vacation like and more "this is work". But I'm going with my cousins this time around and they like long sit down meals. I guess as long as we aren't rushing to eat to get to our next FP it will work out, but more often than not the FP's cut into our dining time, so it's a mad dash to get to where we need to be. I can definitely relate.

Wow...this is very interesting. I don't think anyone thought about this as a possibility.
The main website a "free dining plan with 6night/7day" and shows with goofy when clicked that appears today is from 2015 if you check the source code..so pretty sure it is just old offer still floating around on Disney's server...really don't think it has anything to do with this years FD.

For what it's worth, I've gone twice in December and had a ball in the pools! But I'm a northerner, too. LOL You know the pools are heated, right? Having said that, I don't go to WDW for the pool. ;-)
We went Thanksgiving week and the pool was too cold to stay in. The hot tub was great though. Just saying.

I can't say it still works like this but when I was in high school I never missed school ever. I had strep throat. It happened to be the day that all students were counted for funding for the whole year. They made a big deal of it, some day in October, posters all over the school don't miss this day!! Well I had strep throat went to the doctor had a note all that. The principal called my father and pleaded with him to just bring me for one hour. My father refused and the principal cussed him out. I was homeschooled the next year. So maybe there are other reasons, and not putting any of this on teachers, but from that moment on I could only see schools as more focused on money and funding then children.

I homeschool my kids.
That's the most insane thing I've ever heard!

Oh no, the last time that happened people thought they were condensing. Plus I think it made new comers check us out and led to some slightly less friendly posts. I'm always worried that this ever so helpful and friendly thread is right on the edge of falling into the "normal" online forum zone. Let's all agree that we like each other, we like this thread and we like our crazy FD watch no matter what any one says. :mickeyjum
Oh no, I have noticed quite a few newcomers in here, which is fine, everyone has been polite and respectful. What happened that it got ugly?

what about the 6 night thing? I wouldnt be to concerned... even the british offers are 7 or 14 days deals... Most foreign packages as a standard start at a week. I would think for this market, this is how they do the promos..
The main promo for FD always mentions 6night/7day stays as an example. Many people assume that's what they must book.

We always go to DW in November or December, and the kids always get in the pool. Never done a day at a water park or anything, but there's always been at least one warm day for the kids to swim. Also, the water is heated in all of the pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter