******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Disneylover99. You could be right but I'm not positive about that. I book a lot of trips for family and friends and I have already booked 3 different trips (one family leaves tomorrow!) with a room discount and CDN ticket discount applied too.

I'm guessing I won't be able to combine them but I'm not giving up hope until I run the numbers if/when the FD offer comes out. The CDN ticket deal is quite substantial (35% off tickets 4 days and greater and we purchase 8 day tickets) so even if the tickets and rooms have gone up in price, I may still save.

Just waiting to play with everything then decide what is best. Regardless, if it works out I'll book the second reservation and then cancel the first one just to be on the safe side.
I think what they are saying is if you do get the free dining it has to be a packaged deal and the park tickets can't be bought seperately.

EXCEPT, when I booked them I went onto the website and selected, 'Book a package.' I did not book the components separately, I booked a package. I know it's all interpretation but I'm well aware of how to book with Disney (I book an average of 15-20 trips a year for family and friends) and this time for the first time ever, when I chose the room only discount and then selected the package option, the tickets displayed the discounted CDN prices. I have one confirmation number for each of the packages I booked, not individual confirmations for room, tickets, etc.

I am NOT saying this will happen with Free Dining, I'm just saying until we see exactly how Disney presents the FD offer (if they do), this option cannot be counted out.

I understand they do not allow stacking things such as Free Dining and Room Discount but in the case of the CDN ticket discount it did in fact allow (and in fact even offered the discounted park ticket price without doing anything special - it was just there) as soon as I selected the package option from the Room Only discount offer. Trust me - I booked 3 of these for friends!!

EXCEPT, when I booked them I went onto the website and selected, 'Book a package.' I did not book the components separately, I booked a package. I know it's all interpretation but I'm well aware of how to book with Disney (I book an average of 15-20 trips a year for family and friends) and this time for the first time ever, when I chose the room only discount and then selected the package option, the tickets displayed the discounted CDN prices. I have one confirmation number for each of the packages I booked, not individual confirmations for room, tickets, etc.

I am NOT saying this will happen with Free Dining, I'm just saying until we see exactly how Disney presents the FD offer (if they do), this option cannot be counted out.

I understand they do not allow stacking things such as Free Dining and Room Discount but in the case of the CDN ticket discount it did in fact allow (and in fact even offered the discounted park ticket price without doing anything special - it was just there) as soon as I selected the package option from the Room Only discount offer.
I totally understand where you are coming from, with the current rates and now the option to stack room discount and ticket discount, it makes you wonder if that would be a better rate then even getting the free dining. I hope its not a computer glitch and it allows you to continue to do it even through the free dining. That would help with the exchange rate too, being what it is.

I understand they do not allow stacking things such as Free Dining and Room Discount but in the case of the CDN ticket discount it did in fact allow (and in fact even offered the discounted park ticket price without doing anything special - it was just there) as soon as I selected the package option from the Room Only discount offer. Trust me - I booked 3 of these for friends!!

Interesting. If you can book a package and the ticket discount automatically comes out, it just might work with FD.

I have a BB offer booked with FD in September. If/when FD comes out I want to play with the numbers as there is a CDN ticket deal out right now (until May) that would save me $ IF I was allowed to combine offers. Waiting to find out if I can.

You would not t be able to get FD with the CDN ticket discount as FD requires a package with tickets, when you purchase the CDN tickets promo it is no longer a package but a room only. You can however get a room only discount as tickets are not required.

Last edited:

That's weird because when I go to book a package it doesn't bring up the option for the CDN discount and from what I've read in other groups they haven't been able to either.

That's weird because when I go to book a package it doesn't bring up the option for the CDN discount and from what I've read in other groups they haven't been able to either.

I found that today too but I know for sure I have 3 families booked with the two discounts added together. I wonder if they updated their website when they extended the CDN ticket deal? I booked 1 of these trips with a Disney Agent over the phone and 2 of them online, all back in November and December. I haven't booked anything lately as the remaining 8 families I'm working with are all waiting for FD to come out.

The same rumor I saw last night had some really squirrelly dates in it. Like nothing in September at all. If that happens I'll eat my latest crowd calendar. (It's digital so it won't taste too bad.)

The persistent rumor I've been hearing is it ends something like September 10th or something stupid. Everything I'm hearing is they're scaling it way back. I'm hoping they're wrong.

The persistent rumor I've been hearing is it ends something like September 10th or something stupid. Everything I'm hearing is they're scaling it way back. I'm hoping they're wrong.
Hmmmm.....I don't see how they could unless they are going to have some amazing room and ticket package for this period, the numbers are just to far down. This is a very successful offer the trade for rack rate or free food.....food is cheaper than upkeep on the fabulous resorts, no need to reinvent the wheel, keep a good thing going.

I'm guessing this rumor is being fueled because the BB offer from 2016 for FD in 2017 had an end date of Sept 9, 2017. We're checking in Sept 9 and have FD for our trip but if we arrived one day later we'd be out of luck.

Hoping they extend the dates but the BB sure was very restricted last year compared to prior years.

I found that today too but I know for sure I have 3 families booked with the two discounts added together. I wonder if they updated their website when they extended the CDN ticket deal? I booked 1 of these trips with a Disney Agent over the phone and 2 of them online, all back in November and December. I haven't booked anything lately as the remaining 8 families I'm working with are all waiting for FD to come out.

Maybe because I seem to remember when I was pricing out mybtrip back at the beginning of January it would come up with the CDN discount price as well.

Hmmmm.....I don't see how they could unless they are going to have some amazing room and ticket package for this period, the numbers are just to far down. This is a very successful offer the trade for rack rate or free food.....food is cheaper than upkeep on the fabulous resorts, no need to reinvent the wheel, keep a good thing going.

The reason some of us think this is because the general public FD usually follows the BB and the BB ended Sept 9th with nothing until December. Also this promo was initially intended to fill the rooms because SARS was stopping travel, now that the rooms are filling without any help of a discount they don't need to offer it. Over the last couple of years the dates and room availability have been getting less and less.

I"m super excited you guys! We had planned on a trip for May of 2018. I called today asking about the gift card deal for CBR and if they thought it would be offered then. She said while there's a chance she really didn't think it would be offered for May, that more than likely it wouldn't be extended past fall. DH was wanting to try our a moderate after our last trip and after talking to him about it he's willing to miss a couple of classes for us to go in October while DS is on break from school if they offer FD for it! Here's to hoping they include Oct 12-21st!

I went online a few days ago and priced out a trip for CBR for December and the gift card was offered. Not sure why it wouldn't be in May but maybe something I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter