******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I was up at 5:45 CT. Got on the computer, and when i got to the reservation page, it was just a spinning wheel where change reservation normally is. No problem, I'll just call. Got some message that they were expericening technical difficulties, waited it out, then got a message that it would be a 15 min wait from there. Finally got though about 30 min later. (was talking to CM at 6:45 CT).
I had 2 studios booked at Boulder Ridge for 11/26-12/2. NO FD availability. This really surprised me. It was so early.
So.... I ended up making another reservation, at Boardwalk, 11/27-12/3. (2 rooms) and got FD. I'm currently holding on to both reservations, and hoping that the Boulder Ridge rooms will get a discount coming up. Anyone know when that should happen? Thanks in advance!

I can't really help on that but we ended having to get Boardwalk too!! We were trying for Yacht Club but it was only $100 less than the package we have booked now with the dining plan so I am not sure how that would have equaled to free dining. Boardwalk was about $2000 cheaper, so we booked it. We are holding on to both reservations at the moment. Also we are booked for the exact dates you are

Hopper is one cost good for your entire stay unless that has changed from years past. 2 days 7 days--same cost. Someone correct me?
I just checked the Disney site and it does appear that the PH upgrade is less on a 2-day ticket - it's a $60 increase. It's also a $60 increase on a 3-day ticket and then becomes a $75 increase on a 4-day ticket.

So, I'm feeling a bit of post-free-dining chaos depression! I guess it was a bit of a let-down that POR didn't have FD at anything other than Royal Rooms. I'll keep checking though.

But, I really shouldn't be feeling this! I was able to get a room-only at POFQ for 20% off in a standard room. I wouldn't be surprised if when the AP discounts come out that can be increased to 25%. Even adding in a full-price dining plan, it would be cheaper to do that than a Free Dining deal at the room I originally had booked at POR. We can also consider not getting the dining plan, which could save money-need to do the calcs on that one, but we have time.

It is good to see that you are trying to put it into proper perspective. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

For those who did not get what they were looking for, they can keep trying. People make reservations to hold their spots before chatting with their spouses. Dates change. Vacations get cancelled. Budgets won't allow it. Etc.

I know people like to save money, but it seems like people are overly stressed out and upset, to the point of their day being ruined. :(

I said this earlier on, but it is worth repeating - the purpose is for Disney to fill empty rooms. This is not about doing favors for guests. I think for years we have all become accustomed to what they offer and now it is the expectation instead of a happy surprise. They do not owe anybody discounts. They are not going to offer something if it does not make financial sense to them. We have also seen Disney's pockets grow much deeper, so the limitations should not be a surprise. Disney is smart to make the changes to what is offered based upon room type and not really offer it on standard rooms.

It also does not help that early information is leaked and there is so much hype around it. People have too much time to get themselves worked up and built up only to be let down. The days of email and postcard pin codes were better in that regard.

As @robinb said earlier, if people make reservations with the hope/expectation that they will get a discount, it only limits what Disney offers. Disney will see those hotels, room types, categories, etc as filling up, so why would they add a discount for them? They already have your reservation. If you walk into a car dealership willing to pay SRP, why would the sales guy ask his finance manager for a better price? Same concept.

@KimBean I started a new 2018 thread for free dining. It would be awesome if you would come and save a post on the first page so that you can post stuff for next year.
Can you link it or post the name?
Don't give up!!! You come this far sending you pixie dust my friend!:tink:
I GOT IT!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!! I am going nuts!!!! Whooooooo hooooo!!!!!

I'm really confused. I didn't trust my TA to get my FD because she never replies to my emails, so I got FD at ASmu suites with upgrade to DDP. My TA just emailed me that she got me FD at FW cabins with DDP upgrade, for only $100 more than what I got. This doesn't make sense to me, since FW cabins are more than $100 more per night, and we're staying 11 nights. o_O

I'm really confused. I didn't trust my TA to get my FD because she never replies to my emails, so I got FD at ASmu suites with upgrade to DDP. My TA just emailed me that she got me FD at FW cabins with DDP upgrade, for only $100 more than what I got. This doesn't make sense to me, since FW cabins are more than $100 more per night, and we're staying 11 nights. o_O
Sounds great, though!

Did anyone else who was able to book with no changes other than the FD get an extra charge as well? I was charged 131.00 more and can't figure out why? I'll have to call but from what I'm reading here, I better wait a couple of days!
Did you book your original res before the price changes to tickets in January? My TA said if you get FD it will be a new res even if you use the same res # and you will pay the new ticket prices. That could be the difference.

Well said!! Hats off to the awesome TA's out there. I had a very similar experience this morning. My TA got my CBR reservation modified so we can keep the GC's!! she was up at 3am working. I had an email at 4:30 with no news :/ and good news shortly after the drop!
Lucky.I lost my CBR gcs the TA said She was not allowed to modify online until 7am.Dont get that.She tried to put me in cabins for extra $1000$.Luckily I was up since midnight and was able to get POR.I wont use TA again.I could have kept my CBR gcs if I had not used a TA because CBR did have rooms with my gc offer.Lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter