"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive Oct. 8. I'm sick to my stomach just thinking about a week of rain. Our party is Oct. 10th. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Ok, how long has the wait been to get the Mickey Pumpkin Waffles at Sleepy Hollow? I've seen reports of long lines, but cannot find where anyone says how long it took them to get theirs after lining up.

Lines are definitely shorter just before, during, and after parades. We had 2 people in front of us and by the time we got our order there were 10-15 people in line.

For us, the wait was ~4 minutes. We seemed to be the only ones ordering it. It was wonderfully fresh! And definitely shareable size! My DH and I each ate 1 waffle and shared the ice cream.

Wow I’m really surprised that on a party night at 6pm the wait times are:

Haunted Mansion 20 minutes
Peter Pans Flight 30 minutes
Space Mountin 30 minutes
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 65 minutes

I wish I was there right now.

Wow I’m really surprised that on a party night at 6pm the wait times are:

Haunted Mansion 20 minutes
Peter Pans Flight 30 minutes
Space Mountin 30 minutes
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 65 minutes

I wish I was there right now.
Rides are actually way less than posted times

We arrive Oct. 8. I'm sick to my stomach just thinking about a week of rain. Our party is Oct. 10th. Keeping our fingers crossed.

I am very nervous about the forecasted weather next week. I am there 9-15 and it is calling for rain EVERY SINGLE COTTON PICKIN DAY! This is my first party as well and I have spent a lot of $$$ on this trip and I haven't even set foot in a park yet. I about the weather gods have mercy on us and the forecast changes quick.

I am very nervous about the forecasted weather next week. I am there 9-15 and it is calling for rain EVERY SINGLE COTTON PICKIN DAY! This is my first party as well and I have spent a lot of $$$ on this trip and I haven't even set foot in a park yet. I about the weather gods have mercy on us and the forecast changes quick.

This time of year, that forecast is normal and often wrong.

We were there Labor Day week (just before Irma came to town). The forecast was 70+% of rain/storms every day, and we had a small handful of times that we saw any rain at all and most of that was a very short drizzle.

Do we have a round up of the costumes the board members have worn? I always love the creativity and passion you guys have here. There’s this one poster who always does awesome family costumes too.

I'm so excited and thought this was the best place to share, since most of my friends/family don't understand my Disney thing....but I'm going to Tampa next week for work. My flight in got changed to an earlier time, so I just bought my ticket for the party on Monday night! :banana:

Do we have a round up of the costumes the board members have worn? I always love the creativity and passion you guys have here. There’s this one poster who always does awesome family costumes too.
There are some pics in @smitch425's official MNSSHP guest list thread. Some scattered in here too, but you'll have to hunt and peck :)

Hey guys it's been a while! We had so much fun at Disney that I forgot to write about our experience at the party!

So anyways, our main goal at the party was rides, shows and food. We weren't terribly interested in characters and I'm such a candyholic already I actively avoided trick or treating cuz of my sugar addiction..

We DEFIANTLY got on tons of rides and did them multiple times. The only ride we didn't do was 7DMT because even though 75 minutes is not bad for the ride, there was a lot more stuff we wanted to do at the party. So it wasn't worth it for us. Plus we had a FP+ for it on our full MK day, so no biggie.

Shows were a blast and we were up front for all of them! We weren't gojng to do the Hocus Pocus show but I'm thrilled we did! Oogie Boogie is my favorite villain so that made me happy. Disney shows are so much better in person then they are online!

Food, we didn't get to. We decided to do BOG for dinner and even though that was delicious, we missed out on all the specialty treats.

So as for things I'd do differently next time, I would like to do some characters. Winner the Pooh Gang dressed up got me. I also wouldn't do a sit down dinner again just so we could have more time to get treats, meet characters and do rides. I will also do a different costume next time cuz A LOT of people thought we worked at the park!

But I will definitely do it again. Just with different priorities next time.

Thank you guys for all the help and tips! I'll stay on the thread to help others out! Next post will be some pics of our costumes!

We had a blast tonight! The weather was great, just a few sprinkles, mostly overcast, and not too humid. We arrived about 4:15, watched Mickey's Friendship Faire, and rode SDMT, BTM, Magic Carpets, and POTC all before 6:30. We met Jack Sparrow during his first set, then rode HM and PPF. We watched Boo to You in front of Diamond Horseshoe. Then, we rode Pooh. From 10-10:35, we rode Barnstormer twice, met Goofy, Minnie, Cruella, and the Dwarves, and trick or treated both sides of Pete's. The Buzz ride and some Magic Shots finished the evening. It was such a great party!

Awesome party tonight. Not crowded! They let us in at about 3:42- like 3 minutes after I strolled up from the monorail- and the lines were easy peasy. I like the bypass entry since it starts the fun immediately. We got FP for Jungle cruise and HM from 4:00-6:00 and we also rode thunder mountain with a less than 15 minute wait and pirate with like a 10 minute wait. Got in line at the frontierland popcorn cart at 6:15 for an Oogie Bogie popcorn bucket and I was I think 4th inline. It built pretty steadily behind me. They were holding it to a 2 bucket limit. Since my son and I only needed 2 we bought a 2 for the people we had chatted with infront of us who need 6 buckets for themselves and their kids and were planning to get back in line after purchasing their first ones-but now the line was easily 15 deep so they were grateful. We walked to hub/Main Street area to wait for the party to start

At 7:00 I immediately tried for magic shots but the photographer said it wasn't dark enough yet. We did rides instead. People seemed to be getting spots for one of the shows-not sure why they would waste so much awesome party time. Tomorrowland as a whole was walk on. A lot of people seemed to be swamping to the Treat trail there. I looked at the app and it had wait times 5-15 minutes higher than was posted at the ride. However the actual waits were all even dramatically short than the posted times. For example mine train was list on the app as being 50 minute wait - at the ride it had a 40 minute wait posted - actual wait was just under 20 minutes. Peter Pan was listed as 40 minutes in the app - posted time at the ride was 25 actually wait was about 20. Space was listed as 30 on the app - posted wait was 20 - actual wait was about 5 minutes. We walked onto pooh and buzz. We got a haunted mansion treat from storybook treats-it was just ok. The cookie crust/base is a bit too dry. I WAS able to use a snack credit for it.

We made our way back to the hub mainstreet at exactly 9:50-I was nervous on the walk over that I wouldn't get a good spot for fireworks. No need to worry-we got a great spot just behind and to the left (facing the castle) of the partners statue. There was about a 3 minutes long drizzle. I put on my poncho and didn't really notice it and it was practically over before it began. Hallowishes was awesome and no one put their kid on thier shoulder infront of me. Score! Stayed for Hocus Pocus and I stayed back a bit from the stage becuase I am short so I can see better a back then directly behind taller people/shoulder kids. Plus I wanted to sit down for the 10-15 minutes until the party becuase feet were prickling by now.There were A LOT of kids on shoulders but none were directly infront of my line of sight for the center stage. It rocked and I had room around me to sing along and dance a bit and my son even let me do it and wasn't embarrassed. Score! Then I made my way to a curb spot and watched the parade. I planned to get my magic shots after but I was fading fast. Second row (and once agin blessedly sitting) for Boo to you which at that point I decied to follow out and make a b-line for the busses after. Yea! I got on the first bus back to Pop, which seemed to convienitly be waiting for me. A great party night even if I never did get my magic shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter