"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think we have decided on which day we will book the party! Thursday 5th October! It is a non park day for us, so we can just relax at the resort for the day before heading in for the party. It isn't likely to be a date that we have to buy as soon as it goes on sale is it?

No date is a date that you have to buy tickets for as soon as they go on sale - even Halloween itself (which is guaranteed to sell out) won't sell out until at least August (and has gone as late as early October before selling out).

Hi everyone! Joining in to follow along and learn the ropes for our end of August trip- NEXT year in 2018 lol. It never occurred to me that a MNNSHP would be an option for us and I was kicking myself for not adding one more day to our 5 day tickets (I bought them earlier this year before the expiration started and to save some $$.)

I know a lot of people are not thrilled about the holiday creep into August but it will be a great way for us to extend out trip by a day if they continue the event in August next year and I personally don't have as much of an issue with this particular holiday extending, maybe because it benefits us or maybe because it doesn't have a religious association for me? Either way, I'm so excited!!
:welcome: to the party we're so happy you'll be able to make it in 2018!! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Thanks. I've been checking every week or so and then I saw "SOLD OUT" and thought I missed it.

Me too! I've been checking the WDW site every day to see when the tickets go on sale & this morning I saw the "sold out" & was like what?!?! So glad to hear I didn't miss them! Hoping to get the first night, 8/25 as it's the only night that matches up with our trip days.

Me too! I've been checking the WDW site every day to see when the tickets go on sale & this morning I saw the "sold out" & was like what?!?! So glad to hear I didn't miss them! Hoping to get the first night, 8/25 as it's the only night that matches up with our trip days.

Most likely we'll see them go on sale in early May.:flower3:

I'm glad I was wrong, too! Although I won't be going in August more parties = more fun for everyone. :)

I do remember you mentioning September, I could swear it was 17th?

EDIT: I see you moved it to the 19th - either way, either day have a great time!:P

Last edited:
I will be going for the first time for just the party and not already be in the park can I make FP with just my party ticket?
If I can will it let me start picking attractions at 3:30?
I'm surprised that you can do this since the party is only suppose to start at 7 even though I know they let you in at 4.
Thanks!

I will be going for the first time for just the party and not already be in the park can I make FP with just my party ticket?
If I can will it let me start picking attractions at 3:30?
I'm surprised that you can do this since the party is only suppose to start at 7 even though I know they let you in at 4.
Thanks!

You are allowed into MK at 4 pm. So you can book FPs before 6:30 pm. Party starts at 7 pm and No FP use during the party.
Hope this helps!

I thought that is what I was reading but just wasn't sure, that is a great perk being able to book 3 fp before the party starts with only your party ticket.

I have a question about assigning party tickets. I am buying tickets for my two nieces under 16 and they are not going to the party with me. They are going with their friends' family. If I buy tickets for them and assign the tickets to them upon completion of the purchase. Do I have to exchange the tickets with my ID since I am the adult who purchases the tickets? They don't have magic bands and are only going to the party. If the tickets are assigned to them, am I still able to get the card tickets for them or will they have to bring their birth certificates to exchange the ticket vouchers for party cards? They need the party cards to access the party entitlements. TIA?

I have a question about assigning party tickets. I am buying tickets for my two nieces under 16 and they are not going to the party with me. They are going with their friends' family. If I buy tickets for them and assign the tickets to them upon completion of the purchase. Do I have to exchange the tickets with my ID since I am the adult who purchases the tickets? They don't have magic bands and are only going to the party. If the tickets are assigned to them, am I still able to get the card tickets for them or will they have to bring their birth certificates to exchange the ticket vouchers for party cards? They need the party cards to access the party entitlements. TIA?
When you buy them, you'll have an option to get actual ticket cards mailed to you. We usually do that anyway even though we have magic bands just as a backup plan.

I do remember you mentioning September, I could swear it was 17th?

EDIT: I see you moved it to the 19th - either way, either day have a great time!:P

The 17th will be our party day. If I said the 19th somewhere that was a mistake. It will be interesting to see what our family decides to focus on. The availability of rides is what got me interested in MNSSHP but once I started doing more research I fell down the rabbit hole and realized there is SO much to do. It's too bad there are 7 of us because that makes it impossible for us to afford two parties.

Already our family has shown a disinterest in character meet and greets. I know a lot of people love them and I think it is great that MNSSHP has so many unique and "rare" characters. On my first trip to WDW as a child (when I was 6ish) my mom retells the story of how all I wanted was to meet characters and get autographs - I had no interest in rides.

But at least for us on this trip it may turn out to be one less thing we will have to do during the party so that we will have more time for other activities. In past trips to WDW parades haven't been a huge focus, but maybe this time will be different. :) I for sure want to check out the Hocus Pocus show and HalloWishes though.

Ah! Good point - didn't think about that. My friend just pointed them out to me and I just went into OMG mode! Hahaha. Back to the drawing board, unless we are dedicated enough to melt!

Don't know if this will help you but I was looking at doing Chip and Dale with my friend, sadly see isn't with me on the trip.

I was going to wear brown or as close to brown as I can get shorts and a brown t-shirt (basic fruit of the loom came in a good brown). Then add a strip of white and then a bit of black fabric on the back ending in the tail and a bit of cream fabric on the front. Then add ears to a headband and paint the tip of my nose black/red.
- I did see these hats ages ago, not sure If they are still sold but they would be hot to wear (if we had done this plan I would have put it on for photos) http://www.thecatyouandus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IMG_5695.jpg

When you buy them, you'll have an option to get actual ticket cards mailed to you. We usually do that anyway even though we have magic bands just as a backup plan.

Thanks!
Do you know how much they charge to mail to Canada? For WDW tickets, it's $25.

I have always wanted to attend a party so I'm really excited that we will be able to now that our last night is 8/29. I'm not sure what my game plan is as my girls are 3 and 5 and I doubt they will make it to the end. I originally planned to do MK that day for our last day but do you think I should change one of our rest days to MK and then just show up for the party at 4?

So we have not seen the new(ish) queue for Peter Pan and plan to fast pass it again this trip.

Was wondering, how long is the line for Peter Pan usually at the Halloween Party? Perhaps it will be our best chance to see the queue. Maybe we will go on it during the first parade?

Alice & The Mad Hatter

I got in the Jack & Sally line around 4:20. Line was long, but not too bad based on reports. Family rode rides then joined me around 5:40. We finished around 6-6:15pm then headed to the Cruela line. She was out @ 7pm, finished around 7:15. Checked on 7D, but line already 3 hours -- we did go back a the end of the night around 11:20 and the wait was 10 minutes, CM gave DD about 3 mini Mine Train baskets. So headed to Queen of Hearts & Tweedles, this line was different from Alice & Mad Hatter. They were on break, PP were confused, I knew the lines thanks to reports. Yeah! We were the 1st for that set, and they came out interacting and cutting up. DD was dressed as the Red Queen, so a lot of interaction, they took their time with the guests. Went to the Speedway and then came back to check on Alice/MH, line got long while in the QoH line. CM advised ~15min before due out again, so I waited. Family rode Tea Cups & Speedway again, then joined me in line. We were 6th in line, but 2 families in front of me, PP did not return in time, so they let PP go in front of them. We were finished by 8:15pm. This was on Halloween night.

Having a Plan, but willing to be flexible, and checking out live reports before your party makes a difference. PP are great about letting us know in advance. PP posted map of characters in the thread last year, this was a GREAT HELP!

EDIT- We had to be finished before 8pm b/c we saw the 1st parade on Main Street.

Last edited:
With the first party Aug. 25, does this mean they will transition the park to Halloween decor after close on the 24th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter