"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just extended our already extended weekend vacation since they announced a DVC Moonlight Magic for 1/28. Anyone else here also planning to attend both?

:wave:

You're going to love it. Moonlight Magic is definitely more crowded -- I'd say it's on par with a light attendance MNSSHP or MVMCP. But the free food and special fireworks are a great touch. DAH is pretty much a deserted park. We focused more on the special events at Moonlight Magic and then went nuts riding stuff over and over during DAH.

We'll be doing DAH first, and this is my plan. Do rides that night, then focus on the fireworks and meet & greets for Moonlight Magic. Means we'll have to put off a lot of the night-time activities at other parks until our "next" visit, but I'm so excited to finally be able to do one of these DVC special events!

That was my thought too..I'm more encouraged now that we can get in earlier :) 7d, peter pan and pooh. Everything was available with lots of times available. Let me know if you want me to check anything!

That's great news for the fast passes... I assume I won't be able to get 2 sets of fast passes on the day 3 for the park i'm going to in the AM and 3 for MK in the evening?

That's great news for the fast passes... I assume I won't be able to get 2 sets of fast passes on the day 3 for the park i'm going to in the AM and 3 for MK in the evening?
Nope, my understanding is that you can only choose 3 for the day, regardless of any extra event you are attending...
You can always try...are you going to be at another park rather than MK that day? I would start with FPs for that other park then try for DAH..

That was my thought too..I'm more encouraged now that we can get in earlier :) 7d, peter pan and pooh. Everything was available with lots of times available. Let me know if you want me to check anything!
I'm not sure what to get our FPs for since we will be doing DAH. It will be our first MK day and then we have one more full day there later in the trip. I'm taking our 9 yo niece so do you have any suggestions for good FPs for her? My favorites are BTMR, Pirates, and Space, but Pirates will be closed and I'm not sure what to expect from a 9 yo.

Our trip doesn't start until February 27 so I don't think you can look that far ahead yet, but thanks for the offer!

My
I'm not sure what to get our FPs for since we will be doing DAH. It will be our first MK day and then we have one more full day there later in the trip. I'm taking our 9 yo niece so do you have any suggestions for good FPs for her? My favorites are BTMR, Pirates, and Space, but Pirates will be closed and I'm not sure what to expect from a 9 yo.

Our trip doesn't start until February 27 so I don't think you can look that far ahead yet, but thanks for the offer!

My girls who will be almost 11 and 9 love space btmr and 7d .. 7d was the only one that had people at all during the event
Space was a ghost town:

Attachments

• 0BE32696-CAB8-41C8-96CF-2D5932803F76.jpeg
    0BE32696-CAB8-41C8-96CF-2D5932803F76.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 8ABDD86B-FEC0-4F0A-BD55-8C81B8F90A1A.jpeg
    8ABDD86B-FEC0-4F0A-BD55-8C81B8F90A1A.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 16
My girls who will be almost 11 and 9 love space btmr and 7d .. 7d was the only one that had people at all during the event
Space was a ghost town:
They rode so many times ! I would ride once and wait for them!!!

Attachments

• 779C2C4E-D7AF-4B8A-9009-74458D0851D6.jpeg
    779C2C4E-D7AF-4B8A-9009-74458D0851D6.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 65329C6E-4436-4992-B040-02B7B0436E10.jpeg
    65329C6E-4436-4992-B040-02B7B0436E10.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 25
  • AC378056-5291-4EA5-B333-FBB3AFC8F8C4.jpeg
    AC378056-5291-4EA5-B333-FBB3AFC8F8C4.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 26
She will love it !! The only negative is she will be SPOILED and not want to wait in lines on your second day to MK!

She will love it !! The only negative is she will be SPOILED and not want to wait in lines on your second day to MK!
Your pictures are great! I love SM and can't wait to ride it at DAH. I won't get a FP for that since it will be little to no wait during the event. I'm going to try getting a FP for 7DMT. So I just need to pick my other 2. I'll probably do BTMR and then my third will be between Haunted Mansion or Peter Pan because I don't want to wait for/ride those during DAH.

Our other MK day is on a Saturday because that was the only day we could eat at CRT since there will be the refurbishment during the majority of our trip. I bet she will hate standing in line on our full MK day.

We are going at the same time when Pirates will be closed. That was going to be one of choices, along with Jungle Cruise, and BTMRR. Other than going back much later in the night for many rides on BTMRR, I figured we would not have to head to that side of the park during DAH. I am not sure what we will do as a 3rd now, maybe 7DMT since my DS12 doesn't like it much and won't want to ride multiple times later.

We are going January 19th. It is a short trip, so glad to have this party to experience more attractions at MK. Can you add me to the list? Thanks.

We are going at the same time when Pirates will be closed. That was going to be one of choices, along with Jungle Cruise, and BTMRR. Other than going back much later in the night for many rides on BTMRR, I figured we would not have to head to that side of the park during DAH. I am not sure what we will do as a 3rd now, maybe 7DMT since my DS12 doesn't like it much and won't want to ride multiple times later.
Yeah I really don’t like 7dmt so I always try to get a FP for it.

I have a 3-day solo trip the end of January, and it is all falling into place...
$73 AP rate at ASMu...
$128 flights on SW...
Festival of the Arts Broadway show January 29...
DAH on January 30 (please add me to the list!)...
SW fireworks dessert party on Feb 1...
FoP fastpass...
going to be fun!

Sounds like you a fantastic plan to me. Great resort and airfare rates - I’m impressed!

Hope you have a great trip!

Will be there with my boyfriend on Feb 8th. We are beyond excited. Planning a late lunch at the Plaza and a few rides before the night begins!

:wave:

We'll be doing DAH first, and this is my plan. Do rides that night, then focus on the fireworks and meet & greets for Moonlight Magic. Means we'll have to put off a lot of the night-time activities at other parks until our "next" visit, but I'm so excited to finally be able to do one of these DVC special events!

That's our plan too! If you see a woman with long brown hair trying to keep up with two grown men hysterically laughing while on rides, that's us! DH and I are bringing his childhood best friend- we recently all went to DL together and I felt like I was enjoying the park with two very excited little boys! Those two regress the second they get through the gates... :rotfl:

He's going to love HEA. I have to admit, I was worried when Wishes was ending, but I LOVE HEA even more.

That's great to hear! DH and I watched the livestream of the final Wishes... we were scared the new show would fall short but we've heard the best reviews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter