"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also adding Sat, 1/27 to the above.... 8AM-12AM hours (the day after the second DAH date). (Thanks @TheFloatingBear!)

I'm wondering if that might work to our favor for those of us on those days - maybe people will choose to go to MK on Saturday with the longer hours? We're in MK during the day too on 1/26 since it's our only "free" day and that's where our friends want to go, even thought they aren't doing DAH (unless I talk them into it)...

Just FYI, I just noticed via another post that MK hours for Sat 1/20, the day after the first DAH date, have changed to 8AM-12AM. Those are some pretty stout hours for Jan, compared to last year. Not sure what (if anything) is going on that weekend, but something to pay attention to.

I wonder if they are going to shoot themselves in the foot with respect to DAH. Both the 1/19 and 1/26 DAHs have extended hours the next day. It's likely going to make it less attractive to pay for the same hours the day before. I would still do it, of course, but it does diminish the value somewhat.

I wonder if they are going to shoot themselves in the foot with respect to DAH. Both the 1/19 and 1/26 DAHs have extended hours the next day. It's likely going to make it less attractive to pay for the same hours the day before. I would still do it, of course, but it does diminish the value somewhat.

Yeah, this is all very curious to me, to be honest. Have us DAH folks increased attendance so much they feel compelled to add some really late hours? Is something else going on? Is there some kind of backlash to offering upcharge hours that they need to do add regular hours the next day? Obviously totally speculating.

Maybe Jan/Feb are going to be like late Sept/Oct and start to see more stout park attendance than ever before. Wouldn't surprise me really.

I'm wondering if that might work to our favor for those of us on those days - maybe people will choose to go to MK on Saturday with the longer hours? We're in MK during the day too on 1/26 since it's our only "free" day and that's where our friends want to go, even thought they aren't doing DAH (unless I talk them into it)...
I agree, I can't imagine if you had the flexibility, that you would take the shorter day hours and/or pay for more hours (DAH) if you could go the next day...hopefully good news for us :)

Very excited for our first DAH. Should we skip HEA that night and get started on rides or does it really not matter, just watch and then the park will start to let out. We have BOG at 545 thought we would watch HEA after dinner and then get started. I was also hoping to get our passes before BOG Dinner do you think that will be ok. We are 1/30 DAH.

Very excited for our first DAH. Should we skip HEA that night and get started on rides or does it really not matter, just watch and then the park will start to let out. We have BOG at 545 thought we would watch HEA after dinner and then get started. I was also hoping to get our passes before BOG Dinner do you think that will be ok. We are 1/30 DAH.
I'm wondering the same thing. We are going 3/1 and I'm trying to get an ADR for BOG for dinner, but I'm also wondering if we should watch HEA or head straight for rides. I'm not sure what the best course of action is. It will be our first day at MK, but we will be back on Saturday so my niece could always see HEA then.

I'm wondering the same thing. We are going 3/1 and I'm trying to get an ADR for BOG for dinner, but I'm also wondering if we should watch HEA or head straight for rides. I'm not sure what the best course of action is. It will be our first day at MK, but we will be back on Saturday so my niece could always see HEA then.

For me, I’m an HEA fan so I wouldn’t miss it if I was in the park, even if it eats into DAH time. I may opt to watch from an alternative location (such as behind the castle) if the hub is super crowded, but I’d still want to watch the show. If I hadn’t see the show a few times I’d want to be in the hub.

@Karen46 - Assuming they let DAH ticket folks in at 4pm like this year, you can get your DAH lanyard at that point.

For me, I’m an HEA fan so I wouldn’t miss it if I was in the park, even if it eats into DAH time. I may opt to watch from an alternative location (such as behind the castle) if the hub is super crowded, but I’d still want to watch the show. If I hadn’t see the show a few times I’d want to be in the hub.

@Karen46 - Assuming they let DAH ticket folks in at 4pm like this year, you can get your DAH lanyard at that point.
If DAH is at 9 pm will HEA be at 9 pm or earlier?

On 3/1 HEA is scheduled for 8pm, so likely it will go HEA at 8, Once Upon a Time after that (though that hasn't been scheduled yet), then park closes at 9 and DAH starts!

I'm sticking to my dessert party since I loved HEA so much! I have an AP, so don't have to worry about not getting there early. My general itinerary that day is:

-"sleep in" as much as I can allow myself to do at Disney, maybe grab a pastry
-head to Disney Springs and do some shopping/eat at some of the snacking type places; probably head back to AKL for some animal watching after DS
-get to MK around 3ish
-FP Splash mountain 2:30-3:30
-FP Jungle Cruise 3:30-4:30
-ADR Skipper Canteen 4pm (I've discovered I like doing earlier dinners as it is easier to get in/out without the crowds for normal dinner times)
-FP Haunted Mansion 5-6
-Do other favorites that take time (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Philharmagic, etc), as well as pick up lanyard
-HEA Dessert party, checkin at 6:45ish
-HEA at 8pm
-I'll see what I got done in the late afternoon to see if I want to hit any other rides or stay for Once Upon a Time, which I really liked on our previous trip (I'm a sucker for projection shows)
-DAH

Yeah, agree with @Lesley Wake. If HEA is scheduled for 8PM and the dessert party is currently bookable for 6:45PM (which I see it is), then there’s a very high likelihood HEA stays 8PM. I once read that if you really want to know firework times, follow the dessert party times, as once those are bookable the fireworks time rarely changes. Not sure if that’s 100% accurate or not, but I think it’s a good leading indicator.

On 3/1 HEA is scheduled for 8pm, so likely it will go HEA at 8, Once Upon a Time after that (though that hasn't been scheduled yet), then park closes at 9 and DAH starts!

I'm sticking to my dessert party since I loved HEA so much! I have an AP, so don't have to worry about not getting there early. My general itinerary that day is:

-"sleep in" as much as I can allow myself to do at Disney, maybe grab a pastry
-head to Disney Springs and do some shopping/eat at some of the snacking type places; probably head back to AKL for some animal watching after DS
-get to MK around 3ish
-FP Splash mountain 2:30-3:30
-FP Jungle Cruise 3:30-4:30
-ADR Skipper Canteen 4pm (I've discovered I like doing earlier dinners as it is easier to get in/out without the crowds for normal dinner times)
-FP Haunted Mansion 5-6
-Do other favorites that take time (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Philharmagic, etc), as well as pick up lanyard
-HEA Dessert party, checkin at 6:45ish
-HEA at 8pm
-I'll see what I got done in the late afternoon to see if I want to hit any other rides or stay for Once Upon a Time, which I really liked on our previous trip (I'm a sucker for projection shows)
-DAH
I didn't know they did both HEA and Once Upon a Time. I think we are going to plan on watching HEA since it will be our niece's first day at MK. She might get sad if she has to skip it while we are there even though she will see it on Saturday. This is our general plan for that day:
-Eat breakfast at 1900 PF (unless we get a BOG dinner)
-Go back to POP to swim and relax
-Show up at MK close to 4
-Use 3 FPs (Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Philharmagic or Monsters, Inc.)
-Watch HEA then start at Frontierland for DAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter