Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

So if we’re having dinner (me plus 3 non HHN family members) they’ll kick the rest of my group out by 5? Will I be able to stay at the table lol?

You will be able to stay, but no HHN ticket, no stay. However, if you aren't actively eating, they might hover to hurry you up so that others can get in to eat.

EDIT: Since 5pm is when the park closes, they technically can't kick anyone out earlier. They might try though.

You will be able to stay, but no HHN ticket, no stay. However, if you aren't actively eating, they might hover to hurry you up so that others can get in to eat.

EDIT: Since 5pm is when the park closes, they technically can't kick anyone out earlier. They might try though.

Ok thanks. I’m staying for HHN but trying to figure out the best plan not to ditch my wife and two young kids earlier than I need to for HHN and S&S.

But sounds like if they leave at 5 and want to go to Islands of Adventure they’d have to exit the park and go through the main entrance.

Also sounds like I better get to the restaurant before 4 on what I’m assuming will be a very busy day (Oct 27, the last Saturday before Halloween.)

Ok thanks. I’m staying for HHN but trying to figure out the best plan not to ditch my wife and two young kids earlier than I need to for HHN and S&S.

But sounds like if they leave at 5 and want to go to Islands of Adventure they’d have to exit the park and go through the main entrance.

Also sounds like I better get to the restaurant before 4 on what I’m assuming will be a very busy day (Oct 27, the last Saturday before Halloween.)

I agree. That sounds like a good plan. Hope you have a great time!

Everyone, round 2 of my questions, this is shorter. Promise. Our day of HHN is Saturday the 13th. Had to make it a Saturday. I love my DIL to pieces, she is the sweetest soul on earth. She is also terrified of all things scary. I don't know how she did it, but she did 7 houses last year. Refused to go to the Saw. She only really liked The Shining, and then made herself brave up and go to others, clinging to my son. She hated the Purge area and refused to be around it. I joked around and asked if she was going again this year with a promise of ST, which she loves, and Epcot the next day. After a little bit of thought, she said yes. So, I think I am going to give her fair warning about Scary Tales. From what I am reading it is more disturbing and "gross" than others. Your take? I don't want her to see this house and refuse all others.

So Finnegans, where we will be heading for our wait zone, there is a line for drinks at the bar even at 4:30? US needs to figure this out better, especially when they have a big ticket house like ST. Not terribly happy about this SS area, but it is what it is.

Thank you everyone.

I think Scary Tales did have quite a bit of gore.
I think that Dead Exposure also had quite a bit of gore.
I thought Stranger Things and Trick R Treat to be really good, but not very scary.

You need to be in the park (studios) before 5
And have the hhn ticket if staying for the ticketed event

Don’t count on getting a table at Finnegans if you arrive there at 4:30
Bar will have a line if you want a drink there

You can stay in the Finnegans holding area but limited places to sit if all the stairs are taken

HE train stops with last train out of the studios at 5 to go over to IOA

It shuts down for the night during hhn

I got to the studios Sunday at 4:59 and they were stopping entry to that park then

I did get in but can’t say how I got in...

Those in the line for screening were told to wait in the line at the front of the park
And enter when park reopened
Thanks for the input.

I just realized that I don't know which rides are open during HHN. I only ask, because I don't want to have to skip Horror Makeup show before the park closes. If I can tell my son, that the ride we are skipping for it is open during HHN, then he will be fine. We have 3 nights: 1 with a private RIP tour and 2 with EP, so I'm not too worried about wasting a little HHN time on a a couple of rides. Thanks

We leave tomorrow night:jumping1:

I just realized that I don't know which rides are open during HHN. I only ask, because I don't want to have to skip Horror Makeup show before the park closes. If I can tell my son, that the ride we are skipping for it is open during HHN, then he will be fine. We have 3 nights: 1 with a private RIP tour and 2 with EP, so I'm not too worried about wasting a little HHN time on a a couple of rides. Thanks

We leave tomorrow night:jumping1:

Gringotts
Fast and Furious
Mummy
Transformers
Men in Black
Rip Ride Rocket

I think anyway. We haven't been yet.

I’ve always told server upfront I will cover their time when staying till released. As in Double normal tip, figure only room get since they don’t turn the table Never, ever a problem

The lines are pretty bad tonight, almost same wait times that Friday. Also the wait times are a bit under on what they truly are. The temps are great though
Anyways finally did stranger things, really cool, lots of great details and the actors are killing it (pun intended)
Took a break at the San Francisco Francisco bakery, ate some waffles and watched people getting scared of the chainsaw gang... good times

Here is tonight's quick report.

Got to the park a bit before 5, into Finnegan's holding area. Was nowhere near getting into the first holding pen for Stranger Things. Sat near the exit for the secondary holding area. The first holding pen was let out right around 5:30, we followed after.

Poltergeist: in line at 5:40. Done at 6:20. I don't think this house opened until 6.

I liked it well enough, but I didn't think it lived up to The Shining or the Exorcist of past years.

Carnival Graveyard: In line 6:22. Out of house at 6:54.

Solid house. About in the middle of mine.

Scary Tales: in line at 6:57. Out of house at 7:22.

I liked this one the second time. It's not particularly scary (though I'm not sure if I'm really scared by any) but it's very well done and interesting.

Halloween 4: In line at 7:34. Projected wait time was 40 minutes. Out of house at 8:22.

I liked this one, which surprised me because I didn't think the movie was particularly strong. And I was sad there was only one redneck ahahah.

All the waits were looking longer than we would have liked at this time. Earlier in the day we had decided to leave the park and have dinner at City Walk for a break. Originally we were going to leave around 9:30, but since we were at the front entrance and very hungry we just left then. I somehow had not eaten since lunch the day before besides MNSSHP candy yet I wasn't hungry. Which is odd for me. Was probably super dehydrated.

So we had dinner at Antojito's which was delicious. I had the Budin, which very oddly kind of tasted like the HHN houses smell. The restaurant also had a mariachi band play which was nice.

We went back to the parks, which were sadly still busy. My feet were hurting at this point (pro tip, not a great idea to wear combat boots as part of your MNSSHP costume for roughly 9 hours. We went thru some scare zones, bought our shirts and decided to watch the Clockwork Orange/French chainsaw people at the Simpsons. We kept our eye on the app and took off when a wait plummeted.

Seeds of Extinction: In line at 11:28. Posted wait time 20 minutes. Done at 11:46.

Much easier to see this when you go after it's dark.

Slaughter Sinema: In line at 12:07. Posted wait time 20 minutes. Out of house at 12:23.

Walked through Vamp 85 and saw them dance to Thriller on stage. The Thriller Michael Jackson scare actor was also walking thru the audience acting out what he did in the music video with various guests.

Carnival Graveyard: In line at 12:43. Posted wait time 35 minutes. Out of house at 12:51. This one would have been a bit shorter, but we had the most annoying group ever in front of us. They were petrified the whole house, they kept refusing to go forward, trampled me once so I then stayed a good 5 feet back.

Stranger Things: In line at 12:54. Posted wait time 90 minutes. Out of house at 1:38.

This was our first time in this house. It is more theatrical than scary, but still good. I think we saw most of the actors represented, which is always nice (especially after the Walking Dead houses, that never had any of the main cast represented). I'm glad we didn't really wait 90 minutes though. Those lines are so nice after express pass ends.

Well there was my Wednesday.

Hope these write ups are helpful.

Wanted to add we had the strawberry shortcake waffle and the Christmas light cupcake.
The waffles were good, bananas foster still my favorite but the cupcake was a huge disappointment. Very dry, flavorless and it seemed to have been refrigerated for a day or two

The bananas foster waffle and the drink with syrup or whatever the heck it is are the two snacks left on my list.

So to get this straight. If at finnegans can’t get to ST? I’m reading poltergeist. Missing something here?

Wondering what house scareactor dinner we will get tonight

I’ve always told server upfront I will cover their time when staying till released. As in Double normal tip, figure only room get since they don’t turn the table Never, ever a problem

We did this last time too - roughly doubled the tip, since I felt a bit guilty at holding the table for a while longer than we normally would. Only I didn't think to mention that upfront - which is a good idea. Will do that this year. We had the most wonderful server - she was so nice and laid back - didn't mind us hanging out at all. Of course we both ordered apps, full dinners and two rounds of drinks, so at least it was a decent tab.

So to get this straight. If at finnegans can’t get to ST? I’m reading poltergeist. Missing something here?

You can still go to ST. People are saying that they were so far back when the pen was released that there was already a good amount of people lining up for ST so it was a better use of time to go to Poltergeist first.

ETA: This happened to us. My daughter wanted a burger and as we were eating the pen was released and a ton of people flooded ST. We lined up anyway but it was a long wait and not the best use of our time. It was almost comical because we had EP but she wanted to do the house twice and by the end of the night she didn't want to use the EP for ST to go again. I forced her to go again since we waited an hour in the line at the beginning of the night.

Here is tonight's quick report.

Got to the park a bit before 5, into Finnegan's holding area. Was nowhere near getting into the first holding pen for Stranger Things. Sat near the exit for the secondary holding area. The first holding pen was let out right around 5:30, we followed after.

Poltergeist: in line at 5:40. Done at 6:20. I don't think this house opened until 6.

I liked it well enough, but I didn't think it lived up to The Shining or the Exorcist of past years.

Carnival Graveyard: In line 6:22. Out of house at 6:54.

Solid house. About in the middle of mine.

Scary Tales: in line at 6:57. Out of house at 7:22.

I liked this one the second time. It's not particularly scary (though I'm not sure if I'm really scared by any) but it's very well done and interesting.

Halloween 4: In line at 7:34. Projected wait time was 40 minutes. Out of house at 8:22.

I liked this one, which surprised me because I didn't think the movie was particularly strong. And I was sad there was only one redneck ahahah.

All the waits were looking longer than we would have liked at this time. Earlier in the day we had decided to leave the park and have dinner at City Walk for a break. Originally we were going to leave around 9:30, but since we were at the front entrance and very hungry we just left then. I somehow had not eaten since lunch the day before besides MNSSHP candy yet I wasn't hungry. Which is odd for me. Was probably super dehydrated.

So we had dinner at Antojito's which was delicious. I had the Budin, which very oddly kind of tasted like the HHN houses smell. The restaurant also had a mariachi band play which was nice.

We went back to the parks, which were sadly still busy. My feet were hurting at this point (pro tip, not a great idea to wear combat boots as part of your MNSSHP costume for roughly 9 hours. We went thru some scare zones, bought our shirts and decided to watch the Clockwork Orange/French chainsaw people at the Simpsons. We kept our eye on the app and took off when a wait plummeted.

Seeds of Extinction: In line at 11:28. Posted wait time 20 minutes. Done at 11:46.

Much easier to see this when you go after it's dark.

Slaughter Sinema: In line at 12:07. Posted wait time 20 minutes. Out of house at 12:23.

Walked through Vamp 85 and saw them dance to Thriller on stage. The Thriller Michael Jackson scare actor was also walking thru the audience acting out what he did in the music video with various guests.

Carnival Graveyard: In line at 12:43. Posted wait time 35 minutes. Out of house at 12:51. This one would have been a bit shorter, but we had the most annoying group ever in front of us. They were petrified the whole house, they kept refusing to go forward, trampled me once so I then stayed a good 5 feet back.

Stranger Things: In line at 12:54. Posted wait time 90 minutes. Out of house at 1:38.

This was our first time in this house. It is more theatrical than scary, but still good. I think we saw most of the actors represented, which is always nice (especially after the Walking Dead houses, that never had any of the main cast represented). I'm glad we didn't really wait 90 minutes though. Those lines are so nice after express pass ends.

Well there was my Wednesday.

Hope these write ups are helpful.

It actually sounds like it wasn't too terrible. Although, maybe I am just preparing for the worst this weekend. You got to do a lot of houses though. Do you think you still want to do Stranger Things a zillion times on the RIP Tour;)

Wondering what house scareactor dinner we will get tonight

What @iivye said. @OhioStateBuckeye decided to do Poltergeist, because they didn't get into the first pen at Finnegan's. They thought the ST wait would just be too long. It sounds like you have to get to Finnegan's closer to 4pm to get into the 1st pen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter