"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I received an alert this morning from Touring Plans that MK has changed it’s hours from 9-6 to 9-9 on August 21st and went to the Disney site to check it out. Looks like that’s the case so no party that night for those watching for it! The 24th still closes at 6, thats what we’re planning on.

Thanks for posting this! The Disney site is still showing 6:00 pm closing on August 17, so that may be a party night.

I received an alert this morning from Touring Plans that MK has changed it’s hours from 9-6 to 9-9 on August 21st and went to the Disney site to check it out. Looks like that’s the case so no party that night for those watching for it! The 24th still closes at 6, thats what we’re planning on.
Just changed my plans c u there!!!

Does anyone know whether Disney usually offers military discounts for party tickets? We are going to the party with a military family, all of us Disney newbies. I know they can buy their discounted park tickets on base but not sure whether this extends to the party tickets too.

Edit: We are hoping to go on Halloween itself, so I know I will need to move quickly once tickets are released.

In 2016, only parties in Sept had military discounts I believe. We went to the last one in Sept and it was the first party to not offer military rate. . I did not pay attention to last year's military rates.

In 2016, only parties in Sept had military discounts I believe. We went to the last one in Sept and it was the first party to not offer military rate. . I did not pay attention to last year's military rates.

Thank you very much. I think we will just have to accept that they will have to pay full price for the tickets since it will be the end of October. They have got discounts on the hotel and park tickets, so that’s pretty great!

29 pages already?! Goodness... are y’all ready or what? Lol
Just popping in to let you know that I will be doing another guest list thread. I’m going to wait for the dates to be officially released because there’s just too much speculation and confusion this year. I’ll post the link when it’s up and running. Happy planning, y’all!

From http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/planning/events/night-of-joy/
Night of Joy is a contemporary Christian music festival held each year on a Friday and Saturday in September. Night of Joy will take place at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Guests will get admission to the ESPN Wide World of Sports, as well as have the option to purchase a special ticket that includes access to one of the four Walt Disney World theme parks. From 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. each night, enjoy fun and fellowship, as well as enjoy live performances by today’s top bands in contemporary Christian rock, pop and gospel. This event requires a special ticket.

I guess there is speculation that it might be moved from ESPN Wide World of Sports. It was at Wide World of Sports in 2016 and 2017. In 2015, 2014 and 2013 performances were at Castle Forecourt Stage, Galaxy Stage and Rockettower Stage in the Magic Kingdom. I'm not going to Google further back than that because I'm hungry.
Oh okay thanks! I’d never heard of it before.

Last year the Christmas parties started at 7, but they closed MK at 6 for non-party guests. I think it's going to be their standard way of doing things now on event nights to help clear out the crowds.

The problem with this is we can't make a restaurant reservation at 5pm in park. We are going to the party and want to eat in park. You can only make reservations through 2:30 the day of parties.

The problem with this is we can't make a restaurant reservation at 5pm in park. We are going to the party and want to eat in park. You can only make reservations through 2:30 the day of parties.

I thought we were assuming that dinner reservations in the Magic Kingdom for those nights will open up at a later date.

Has it been pointed out that according to Disney’s calendar, they’re closing at 6 pm the nights of September 6, 7, 8, and 9th?!? That’s a lot of nights in a row!

Looking at the calendar right now and as it stands these are the September dates that close at 6, they only have the calendar up until the 13th:

29 pages already?! Goodness... are y’all ready or what? Lol
Just popping in to let you know that I will be doing another guest list thread. I’m going to wait for the dates to be officially released because there’s just too much speculation and confusion this year. I’ll post the link when it’s up and running. Happy planning, y’all!

YAY!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to do this every year!!! :):):)

What are the crowds like at MK during the day of the parties? Would it be less crowded since people don't get full days?

We are going last week of August and we usually do 2 parks a day, so we won't be getting shorted on the earlier close. I was thinking of making the 28th a MK morning thinking that it'd be less crowded than Wednesday which was our original plan.

I had just spotted that the times had gone back to 9pm on the 21st and that HEA was on at 8.55. I had booked CG just in case it wasn't a party night, so glad I did now. We will just have to go on the 17th as 21st is our last night

Looking at the calendar right now and as it stands these are the September dates that close at 6, they only have the calendar up until the 13th:

They've changed that since yesterday then. Wonder if that was the NOJ?

Is there a thread of costume talk for the party? or does that generally go in here?

Hello everyone. I'm Erik and i'm a newbie.

Doing my first ever Disney trip this Fall !!!! And it's during the big Halloween party!

Looks like I will be going on Tuesday, October 2nd.

Can't wait to read everyone's advice and experiences !

Oh! Going solo too !

Nice to meet everyone!

Sorry for all the exclamation marks. This trip has been a long time coming. Super Excited !!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter