"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I have a question to anyone who has attended the party.
I am debating getting a one day Memory Maker for the party.
My goal is to take advantage of short character M&G or magic picture lines if we see them. I may even direct my kids to get a pic if they decide not to go on a ride.
If anyone had MM at the party, was it easy to get more than 4 pics without it taking a huge chunk of the party time?
We attended our first ever party on 31 Aug and found the lines for magic shots and photopass photographers generally were very small, 2 families in front of us, if that, so we ended getting more pics than we thought we would. Can't comment on M&G pics as all the queues we came across we're longer than we were willing/ds is able to wait. Exception being Mickey Mouse in the Town Square Theatre.

I am debating getting a one day Memory Maker for the party.
My goal is to take advantage of short character M&G or magic picture lines if we see them. I may even direct my kids to get a pic if they decide not to go on a ride. If anyone had MM at the party, was it easy to get more than 4 pics without it taking a huge chunk of the party time?

You should be able to get magic shots without a long line, but you need to know where those photographers are. It's pretty easy to find photographers in front of the castle, but that will only get you two of the magic shots. I assume there is a list on Page 1 telling you where to find the rest.

As for character lines, some seem to have very long lines all of the time (Jack & Sally, Moana). Some have fairly long lines most of the time (Seven Dwarfs, Pooh & Friends) but people have reported short lines at times -- I think it's luck. I haven't seen enough reports to say that if you go at a particular time the line will be short.

I thought going during the first parade would be a good idea but it wasn't (Elvis Stitch). I thought getting in a line before the party started would be a good idea but it wasn't (Gaston & Belle didn't start until official party opening time, and Gaston chats a lot with each guest).

Some characters do not have photographers with them so no Photopass photos (Cruella, and also Cinderella's stepsisters, I believe).

Cinderella and Elena continue to meet in their regular spot after the park closes to day guests at 6:00. I stopped by between 6:30 and 7:00 and there was no line.

I feel silly. My original 7 Dwarves photo showed up late last night, after I got back home. It did take a full 36 hours to show up, as the CM said it could take up to 48.

So I met the Dwarves twice in one night At least I can check that one off and do other meets next time.

Trying not to kick myself too much for spending an extra 45 minutes waiting for them again instead of doing other meets.

Last edited:
I feel silly. My original 7 Dwarves photo showed up late last night, after I got back home. It did take a full 36 hours to show up, as the CM said it could take up to 48.

So I met the Dwarves twice in one night At least I can check that one off and do other meets next time.

Trying not to kick myself too much for spending an extra 45 minutes waiting for them again instead of doing other meets.

Don't feel bad. What if the original picture never showed up? What if it showed up but it wasn't a good photo? You can't get that photo on a normal park day, so if you wanted it, it's good that you made sure that you got it.

Don't feel bad. What if the original picture never showed up? What if it showed up but it wasn't a good photo? You can't get that photo on a normal park day, so if you wanted it, it's good that you made sure that you got it.
Thank you! That’s some nice perspective. I would have been super upset if it hadn’t shown up. Also, the first Photopass photographer from before the party officially started took more shots (4), while the second (different) photographer took 2.

I know this has been addressed somewhere in this thread, but:

If we get to the party early, what time can we pick up our wrist bands and go through the special party entrance? We totally missed the special entrance last year and would like to see it this year.

If we get to the party early, what time can we pick up our wrist bands and go through the special party entrance? We totally missed the special entrance last year and would like to see it this year.

The Bypass should be open from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Some people have reported it opening a little earlier and others have reported it staying open a little later.

I don't know what happens if you are already in the park at 4:00 pm (having entered with an Annual Pass or by using a day on a regular ticket) and you want to go through the Bypass. I don't know if you can go through the Bypass if you are already in the park, or if you have to exit the park and go back in through the tap posts (touch posts? whatever those things are called at the entrance) dedicated to people entering with party tickets.

You can pick up you wristband at 4pm at several locations. Then you could move to the front to go thru the bypass. You can probably get it at the bypass as well, just not sure how

Costume is pretty much done! My main concern was heat, but I’m confident I’ll be alright ::yes:: The vest itself is as light as air. I’m wearing a UV, breathable long sleeve, scrub-type pants, and the boots are pretty dang comfortable. I even have a braided headband in my hair! I’ll be at the Oct 2 party. If I can survive wearing Rey’s arm bands and gauntlets in May, this will be a breeze. Lol
D9A2DE62-E3D3-417E-AAD2-A1C2B90F08A4.jpeg

Could someone explain the bypass to me? My first FP (Buzz Lightyear) is for 3:10-4:10. What would be the quickest way to get to Buzz? I have other no plans for that day and can arrive at the MK as early as needed.

Thanks!

Is there a list for the magic shots anywhere?

First page has all the information

There is a thread called "Magic Shots - Current Listings" which I maintain year round. It includes all four parks and more here's the link: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/"]Magic Shots - Current Listings[/URL]

"2018 MNSSHP Magic Shots & More" which is on Post #10 of the thread, includes everything being offered during the party and locations. Here's the direct link: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/#post-57930856"]2018 MNSSHP Magic Shots & More - Post #10[/URL]

Costume is pretty much done! My main concern was heat, but I’m confident I’ll be alright ::yes:: The vest itself is as light as air. I’m wearing a UV, breathable long sleeve, scrub-type pants, and the boots are pretty dang comfortable. I even have a braided headband in my hair! I’ll be at the Oct 2 party. If I can survive wearing Rey’s arm bands and gauntlets in May, this will be a breeze. Lol
View attachment 350163

Pure sugar! Love it! :love:

Do they look different, is the lighting better and your smile? Which do you like best the first or the second?

Last edited:
Could someone explain the bypass to me? My first FP (Buzz Lightyear) is for 3:10-4:10. What would be the quickest way to get to Buzz? I have other no plans for that day and can arrive at the MK as early as needed.

Thanks!
The bypass opens around 4 pm. It’s a way for party guests to come into the park while day guests make their way out of the park. You can get your first treat bag here and take some pictures with props. Do you just have the party ticket for that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter