"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Ah and say what? It's okay.. probably most of our misery is from blistered feet so I guess I shouldn't be complaining about the party itself. Just wish I were having a better time but here I am, literally crying in front of the people mover. Haha

If you're that unhappy you can ask for a refund. I'm not saying they'll give you one but they might be able to give you pixie dust!

Honey attracts bees!

October 2017 I was sick during this trip. 5 day park tickets and 2 party tickets, on the first party I was offered a full refund without even asking for it. It took 1 minute for the transaction. 7:15pm I was leaving MK because I wasn't feeling well, a manager said "ops! the party this way." I told him Blah, blah blah I'm sick. And he took care of it. ::yes::

Ah and say what? It's okay.. probably most of our misery is from blistered feet so I guess I shouldn't be complaining about the party itself. Just wish I were having a better time but here I am, literally crying in front of the people mover. Haha

We should find each other and be crying buddies! This is so crazy and disorganized! Our last Halloween party had torrential rains so we didn’t enjoy it at all. Thought we’d try again. This one is just so disorganized (like before) and it’s just as crowded as a regular day!!?!?
I’ve been scolded by other guests for not knowing where a line begins. Other guests aren’t being very polite tonight. :/
I don’t think we will ever do another party.

We should find each other and be crying buddies! This is so crazy and disorganized! Our last Halloween party had torrential rains so we didn’t enjoy it at all. Thought we’d try again. This one is just so disorganized (like before) and it’s just as crowded as a regular day!!?!?
I’ve been scolded by other guests for not knowing where a line begins. Other guests aren’t being very polite tonight. :/

Feeling the same way. Come join us at the space mountain gift shop! There's massage chairs and the place is empty. ;)

I might do as suggested and leave in a couple minutes though. Stopping by guest services

We are at the party and not doing any character meets. Tot lines are long and space mtn and pirates are both done which stinks since they are the rides we are most interested in

Feeling the same way. Come join us at the space mountain gift shop! There's massage chairs and the place is empty. ;)

I might do as suggested and leave in a couple minutes though. Stopping by guest services

Massage chairs?!?! What!? I may ditch my family and come there! Lol!

PLEASE, do not give up. These parties are really amazing. So many have experienced the best Disney has to offer. People are upset, wet and tired. I promise it's not always like this.

We are at the party and not doing any character meets. Tot lines are long and space mtn and pirates are both done which stinks since they are the rides we are most interested in

Yea, why is Pirates closed anyway? I thought they had a Halloween theme in there?

Yeah and so does Space Mountain. My brother was so excited going in because he was going to get to ride it in complete darkness.

I’m so confused why these rides are closed. Explains the long lines elsewhere.
We’re currently in line for 7DMT but I’m not sure what we’re doing after that. My family is pretty miserable atm.

UPDATE: My friend meet Jack & Sally and waited 3.5 hours! :eek: :faint:
For one of my two Parties,I plan on getting in line for Jack and Sally at 3:30. I’ll switch to 7 dwarfs or another indoor M&G if weather conditions are anything like tonight. Three and a half hours for one M&G doesn’t sound like a pleasant start to MNSSHP.

Are they both closed permanently? Looking at the app, they both say "Temporarily Closed". A ride can go down for a number of reasons including mechanical failure, a safety sensor being triggered, or a guest doing something on the ride they shouldn't whether intentional or not. I've read that the latter happens more often that you'd think. I remember being on Magic Carpets of Aladdin and a kid stood up on the ride and it instantly shut down. The CM told us we could be the first to ride it once they got it going again, but we didn't want to wait. But I agree that if two of their three featured attractions are down for the night, I completely understand if someone wanted to pay a visit to guest services.

Just as I was about to post this, it looks like Space Mtn is back up and running.

When we went to the party at Disneyland and it rained, one of the people in our group had bad blisters. We took her to the first aid place. Every park has one. I went into a shop and bought dry socks for her. She got her feet bandaged. Don’t suffer with sore feet.

At the party now and gotta say this SUCKS. I can't believe I paid $200 for this. We did a little trick or treating, but now we're just sitting around, waiting for the rides to open back up. We were never really interested in anything else, so maybe that's our problem. Crowds aren't great either.

We want to leave but $200.... sigh
The last party we went to before I swore off them was a rainy mess. A total waste of money. They did offer us tickets to another party, but we were due to leave the next day. Sorry it's lousy weather. I sure hope our party doesn't suffer the same fate. With the issues you're having, I'd be at guest services right now and not accepting anything but a refund.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter