Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

I did the 2017 Star Wars half and loved it. It was my second half. My first RunDisney event was the Tinkberbell half in 2016 (and I'm signed up for the 2017 Tinkerbell half as well). I'm a walker, so I've walked each of the races I've done, and that's my gameplan going forward. I don't have any problem with the minimum pace. Like Dis-Yoda, I used the link in the "Thanks for Participating" email to register for 2018 Star Wars. This time I registered for the Rebel Challenge. I also registered my husband and kids for the 10K, which will be their first RunDisney races. And I purchased the race bundle that includes the sneaker ornament and figurine (wondering what this is going to be???). (This was after having to buy the 2017 Star Wars sneaker ornament on eBay.) We are DVC members, so we stayed at the Grand Californian for each of the races I've done so far, and I'm planning to book it again for Star Wars in 2018. I dressed up as Princess Leia for this year's Star Wars. I'm pretty sure I'm going to dress up as a droid for the 2018 half.

Very excited about this thread. Thanks to my half-marathon/walk buddy Calfan for the link. The 2017 Star Wars half was my first--Calfan and I fast walked it together dressed as Princess Leia. She'd already done the Tink in 2016 and said how much fun it was. I didn't believe her, but after doing SW I'm a total convert. Had such a great time, which is a good thing as we'd already signed up for the 2017 Tink and 2017 Disney Half in September. My family was so jealous that DD17 decided to do the Tink half with us and DS20 and DH decided to do the 5K next year for Star Wars. We all signed up using the link in the email for previous racers. I'm a DVC owner at VGC so we stay there. Of course, this new half marathon madness has inspired me to get more points. I'm waiting to pass ROFR right now :)

Well I've received some good news - it's not set in stone but it looks like my college timetable might be ok for me to take part in this, my first RunDisney race!

Would there be any issue with not getting to the hotel until Friday evening, to do the 10K on the Saturday? I'd love to attempt the half-marathon but will have to save that for another time, due to lack of time.

Hope I can get registered in March

Would there be any issue with not getting to the hotel until Friday evening, to do the 10K on the Saturday? I'd love to attempt the half-marathon but will have to save that for another time, due to lack of time.

If the expo follows the same hours from the 2017 SWLS, it will close at 8pm on Friday night, so you'd need to make sure you got there before it closes in order to pick up your bib, etc.

If the expo follows the same hours from the 2017 SWLS, it will close at 8pm on Friday night, so you'd need to make sure you got there before it closes in order to pick up your bib, etc.

Are you unable to pick it before the race? Earliest I could get to LAX would be 5pm

Are you unable to pick it before the race? Earliest I could get to LAX would be 5pm

I don't believe so since the race start is so early on Sat. morning, but I've only done two runDisney events so far, so I might not be the most knowledgeable person to answer this question.

Disney states you must pick up your bib at least the day before the race. They make no guarantees about the availability of day-of pick up as they do not advertise it. They may have it for a *true* emergency but I wouldn't risk it.

Registered for the Rebel Challenge last night and took the plunge on the jacket. I haven't ordered one before since I don't know what I'll think of the end design. Disliked the inaugural jacket, but liked last year's and really liked this year's.

Registered for the Rebel Challenge last night and took the plunge on the jacket. I haven't ordered one before since I don't know what I'll think of the end design. Disliked the inaugural jacket, but liked last year's and really liked this year's.

Do you by chance have pictures of any of the jackets? I'm trying to decide if it's something I want to buy in advance. Are the same jackets available at the expo (if they don't sell out)?

The jackets are available on Sunday after the Expo Closes in the RunDisney Merchandise Tent.

Here is the front of the jacket:

W8yGbPt.jpg

Do you by chance have pictures of any of the jackets? I'm trying to decide if it's something I want to buy in advance. Are the same jackets available at the expo (if they don't sell out)?
There are two different jackets. One that is only available if you preorder it and another that is available while supplies last at the Expo. In my opinion, the preorder jackets are nicer. This year the preorder jacket had R2-D2 on the back and the expo jacket had nothing on the back. Unfortunately, there's no way to know what the preorder jacket looks like.

So those of you who are registering did the race this year, right? I've got my alarm set for AP/DVC early registration in March.

Can anyone comment on how the sizes run for the performance jackets on the pre-order? I bought a Tink jacket at the expo last year, and the small fit fine. I'm typically a small in shirts and jackets, but I've noticed that many of the runDisney clothing items run small. I bought a mix of S and M at the SWLS race merchandise shop this year. I don't want the jacket to be too tight, but I also don't want a performance jacket that's too big either.

Can anyone comment on how the sizes run for the performance jackets on the pre-order? I bought a Tink jacket at the expo last year, and the small fit fine. I'm typically a small in shirts and jackets, but I've noticed that many of the runDisney clothing items run small. I bought a mix of S and M at the SWLS race merchandise shop this year. I don't want the jacket to be too tight, but I also don't want a performance jacket that's too big either.

My husband is either a S & M for the mens stuff. He usually goes for a M on the jackets since he's wearing it on top of other clothing.

Disney states you must pick up your bib at least the day before the race. They make no guarantees about the availability of day-of pick up as they do not advertise it. They may have it for a *true* emergency but I wouldn't risk it.

Does this go for the 5k also? Or are you able to pick up the 5k the morning of? I would like to do all three but will arrive late on Thurs so figured I could pick up the 5k bib the morning of (Friday) and then go to the expo later in the day to get the other two.

Does this go for the 5k also? Or are you able to pick up the 5k the morning of? I would like to do all three but will arrive late on Thurs so figured I could pick up the 5k bib the morning of (Friday) and then go to the expo later in the day to get the other two.
Yes this is true for all the races, including the 5k and kids race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter