"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, your entire group needs to be with you. Kimmy or the person at the podium must put the wristband on your left wrist for you.
I'll be sure to add that into the post, that's a great question. Cruella does take breaks and roams during the party in Fantasyland. I'll have to go through my notes for exact times. Packing as where flying back to Detroit tomorrow morning.
Safe flight! I’m happy to hear you had a great “low crowd” night. I definitely don’t expect the same for us on Halloween. I am keeping my mentality to be expecting MAJOR crowds and trying not to stress too much about it. I know we are going to have a great time regardless of the crowds, and the fact that most of the big headliner M&G’s aren’t a priority for us helps. One more question about Cruella’s. Did you happen to notice if any strollers were inside the restaurant? I know they are usually not permitted. I’m just curious if sometimes they make exceptions. Our youngest will probably be close to falling asleep (if not already asleep) by the time we are ready to sit and partake in Tony’s. My backup plan was hoping if he does fall asleep and they don’t allow strollers that our party may just tag-team eating & drinking while someone stays outside with the stroller. Thank you again!

Safe flight! I’m happy to hear you had a great “low crowd” night. I definitely don’t expect the same for us on Halloween. I am keeping my mentality to be expecting MAJOR crowds and trying not to stress too much about it. I know we are going to have a great time regardless of the crowds, and the fact that most of the big headliner M&G’s aren’t a priority for us helps. One more question about Cruella’s. Did you happen to notice if any strollers were inside the restaurant? I know they are usually not permitted. I’m just curious if sometimes they make exceptions. Our youngest will probably be close to falling asleep (if not already asleep) by the time we are ready to sit and partake in Tony’s. My backup plan was hoping if he does fall asleep and they don’t allow strollers that our party may just tag-team eating & drinking while someone stays outside with the stroller. Thank you again!
Strollers: I'm sorry but I didn't take notice. You are allowed to dine at the outdoor area so not sure if Tag Team is necessary.
Thank you, sad to be leaving sooner than expected. You're going to have a great time and I can't wait to read all about your trip!

Yes, I'd recommend lining up by 5:30.
I would second this...we got inline sometime before 7 and it look us until about right before the parade started to meet him. He stepped away several times and took a lot of time playing with each guest..

Thank you both. You’ve helped me make my decision! It’s not a deal breaker for me to meet Stitch and I was kind of hoping I couldn’t invest around 30 minutes of my time either pre-party or whilst the second parade is happening. Seems I was being unrealistic! I think I’ll pass this time

View attachment 431435
They all light up but only Phineas plays part of the "Grim Grinning Ghosts" theme song.

Gus Beignet / Donut Holder
View attachment 431423
Golden Oak Outpost - I believe my son purchased him at 7pm. Comes with a small bag of donuts.

Phineas Popcorn Holder
View attachment 431430
Liberty Square PC Cart - My husband purchased him at 7pm

Ezra Sipper
View attachment 431420
Columbia Harbor House (closes 8pm) they start selling him at 7pm. Must stand in the regular line just to get him and it comes with a beverage in a separate cup.
Thank you so much!

Thank you both. You’ve helped me make my decision! It’s not a deal breaker for me to meet Stitch and I was kind of hoping I couldn’t invest around 30 minutes of my time either pre-party or whilst the second parade is happening. Seems I was being unrealistic! I think I’ll pass this time
I’ve seen reports of meeting stitch during the second parade. They lined up by 10:40 and saw him in 20-30 minutes.

Gravediggers were new last year, but are a cool M&G. They meet in the liberty square gazebo. There’s a new Evil Queen animated magic shot by the fantasyland wall, but that’s the only new one I’ve seen.
EEEk im going as the Evil Queen this year! Where exactly is the fantasyland wall :)

What is the Zootopia portion? I've never been to a party before.
We have not experienced it personally as we saw the parade in Frontierland. It's my understanding that, after the headless horseman passes but before the rest of the parade has made it to Main St, several Zootopia characters come out to dance, invite little kids to dance with them, etc. It helps to kill the time between the official parade start time at 11:15 and the time it takes for the main parade to make it's way through Frontierland to the hub.

We have not experienced it personally as we saw the parade in Frontierland. It's my understanding that, after the headless horseman passes but before the rest of the parade has made it to Main St, several Zootopia characters come out to dance, invite little kids to dance with them, etc. It helps to kill the time between the official parade start time at 11:15 and the time it takes for the main parade to make it's way through Frontierland to the hub.
Yep that’s where it is.
We did the party on Friday night, not what we originally planned but everything changed as we’re “dodging Dorian”. Left Orlando this afternoon and stopping for the night in Georgia. I’ll write up our experience with the party once we actually get home and can breathe!

I know last night's party had unusually low attendance so people can't assume things will apply to any other party... but I would love to know how long the waits were for some of the characters who typically have long lines (Jack & Sally, Seven Dwarfs, Moana).
We were at this party and experienced a 30-ish minute wait for Moana. My daughter is a big fan of Pooh & friends so we lined up around 5:40 to meet them first. They came out at 6:30, we finished by 6:40 and then went over to Moana.

Also, we arrived at the park at 3:30 and went straight to Jack & Sally. The cast member said the line was already 1.5 hours long but they weren't coming out until 4:30 so we decided to skip them. My 8-year old wasn't willing to wait 2.5 hours to see them!

We were thrilled with this party. We did one around the same time of the year a few years ago and it was way busier. The crowds were awesome on this night. We kept commenting on the low wait times but didn't ride anything since we already had 2 other full days planned for Magic Kingdom. We saw the characters mentioned above, watched the parade, the fireworks (which I thought were better in person) and did lots of trick or treating. We ended up with a TON of candy! My kids were exhausted but managed to stay awake until the end of the fireworks...so awesome!

Hey everyone! We got back on Wednesday from a five day trip, two parties. This is the first chance I’ve had to update so I thought I’d go through the first party Friday August 23rd. We got so much done one the first party compared to the second! However both were a blast :)

We arrived around noon and used fastpasses until 2:59. We went straight to town square to meet jack and sally at 3. The cms in line were so nice! We were the sixth group in line and we waited until about 4:30. While waiting we took turns leaving the line to grab food at Casey’s, tried the Donald Duck brownie (tastes like chocolate cake, bummer) then went to gift shop and was able to purchase the two ornaments and pin at 3:20. At 4:30 they arrived and we were the last group for the first set! We finished by 4:40ish. They were fabulous by they way! I had a wonderful experience. As we left Nick from zootopia was outside so we stopped for a photo then went to get some candy, take some photos down the side street on main street. From there we went to check on the Winnie the Pooh line. There was no one so I grabbed a Fp for the ride. By the time we came out about 5:20 there were three parties in line so we waited. At 6:30 the gang came out and we were out by 6:38. From there we went to see Minnie Mouse, third group in line. She came out at 7, we were able to meet her by 7:05.

We took our time to walk over to haunted mansion. On the way we ran into Cruella, she was lovely and we chatted and took photos by Be our Guest at 7:10. We arrived at haunted mansion and took our photos by the mansion, watched Carlotta and chatted with her. At 7:25 we headed towards Tarzan in Adventureland. Sadly their line was closed so we tried pirates. Line said 25 min wait, but it was only 15. We headed back to and were the seventh group to meeet them. We left their line about 8:15. Our plan was to watch the cadaver dans but we wanted a snack. So we got dole whip and a pirates horizon (Loved this). We found a spot outside of the shooting arcade in Frontierland and watched the dans sing. After their set we found a spot on the ground no one around, and I decided to check out the brides wedding cake. There were only three people in line around 8:50, and it was delicious!

While waiting for the headless horsemen, brer bear and Brer Rabbit were wandering. I stopped to say hello to bear but rabbit is my favorite! He was so sweet and we had a wonderful time. We watched the headless horsemen and the parade. After we went to ride space mountain, but we ran into the stepsisters in fantasyland, so we stopped to chat with them. During the fireworks we rode space mountain, around 10:00 we rode 2x. Slowing down we decided to see the monsters inc party, head over to the monsters inc show, and grab some candy. Since we loved them parade so much we headed towards Tony’s and sat on the bend. I grabbed our sorcerers card, watched the headless horsemen again, zootopia patrol and the parade for a second time. On the way out we stopped for the headless horsemen magic shot and arrived back to the resort around 12:40.

This was a magical night and we must have been lucky because the crowds were not bad at all!

Alright party two Tuesday August 27th. Going in we had a plan but sadly we kind of threw it away. This party was completely the opposite, so many people, but we didn’t let that get in our way.

The plan was to start with Moana so we arrived at the tiki birds at 4. There was no one in line so I asked the cms where we should line up. They were so rude. They said there was no line until 5. I knew this was wrong so we lined up anway with another group. We took turns to get our bands by pirates, and we were yelled again that we were in the way of the strollers. We moved farther a way and a line formed behind us. It was so hot outside but we had smiles on our faces. At 5 a cm checked for bands and said we’d meet around 5:15. At 5:25 they brought us in line and told us to be ready. She didn’t come out until 6. Now to admit I was hot tired and hungry. However, the cms were rushing and grabbing things before it was our turn, I asked one cm to use my phone for photos, she took one picture of us talking. Moana did not want to chat and the photographer didn’t take any good pictures. We only meet with her for 1 min, no hugs no nothing. I was so upset. I was out of the line at 6:01. I should have complained but I didn’t want to make a scene, and she did not look like Moana. I understand that I may not have a child with me but I waited the same amount as others and should have been given time to at least get a good photo.

We grabbed a Mickey pretzel and water while I calmed down. I didn’t want this to ruin my night and we headed over to see Donald and daisy. We arrived at 6:30 and we were the fourth group in line. Within ten minutes the line was all the way to barnstormer. Donald is my favorite of the fab five and they must have known I wasn’t to happy because they took their time with us and we had a blast. We had some wonderful photos. We left at 7:10, I started feeling much better and we went to meet goofy. We left at 7:35 and knew it was going to be a crazier party. Plan was to stop at tea party but the line was not 15 mins more like 40. We decided to scratch the plans and see what would happen.

We headed towards space mountain and waited about 30 mins. From there we headed towards Frontierland and stopped to see the grave diggers. We arrived around 8:45 and left five minutes later. They were so much fun, definitely find time to meet them.

We then grabbed seats for the parade in front of the dvc building in Frontierland. We ran into Brer Rabbit again and he flipped out seeing me! He remembered me from the other party and I got pretend to be his cm for a while. I told him I was leaving tomorrow and he was really sad to see me go :( after a hug goodbye he went on his merry way. I mobile ordered another pirate horizon and enjoyed it while watching the costume parade. Soon the headless horesemem arrived and then the parade. I highly recommend this spot for the horsemen. He slows down and stop right there, it was perfect!

From there we walked to the hub for fireworks. We found a spot in front of the partners and found a railing to lean against. It was not great for fireworks but awesome for projections and the jack puppet! We stayed for the villains show and watching the headless horsemen cross the frontier bridge towards the hub. Since we were both tired we headed to the exit, grabbed a socerer card, and the horsemen magic shot.

It was a great night but started rough. I may still email Disney and let them know about our Moana incident, but Donald and Brer Rabbit made the night so much better. Jack and Sally was far more organized while Moana was rushed. I would not do that again.

Alright party two Tuesday August 27th. Going in we had a plan but sadly we kind of threw it away. This party was completely the opposite, so many people, but we didn’t let that get in our way.

The plan was to start with Moana so we arrived at the tiki birds at 4. There was no one in line so I asked the cms where we should line up. They were so rude. They said there was no line until 5. I knew this was wrong so we lined up anway with another group. We took turns to get our bands by pirates, and we were yelled again that we were in the way of the strollers. We moved farther a way and a line formed behind us. It was so hot outside but we had smiles on our faces. At 5 a cm checked for bands and said we’d meet around 5:15. At 5:25 they brought us in line and told us to be ready. She didn’t come out until 6. Now to admit I was hot tired and hungry. However, the cms were rushing and grabbing things before it was our turn, I asked one cm to use my phone for photos, she took one picture of us talking. Moana did not want to chat and the photographer didn’t take any good pictures. We only meet with her for 1 min, no hugs no nothing. I was so upset. I was out of the line at 6:01. I should have complained but I didn’t want to make a scene, and she did not look like Moana. I understand that I may not have a child with me but I waited the same amount as others and should have been given time to at least get a good photo.

We grabbed a Mickey pretzel and water while I calmed down. I didn’t want this to ruin my night and we headed over to see Donald and daisy. We arrived at 6:30 and we were the fourth group in line. Within ten minutes the line was all the way to barnstormer. Donald is my favorite of the fab five and they must have known I wasn’t to happy because they took their time with us and we had a blast. We had some wonderful photos. We left at 7:10, I started feeling much better and we went to meet goofy. We left at 7:35 and knew it was going to be a crazier party. Plan was to stop at tea party but the line was not 15 mins more like 40. We decided to scratch the plans and see what would happen.

We headed towards space mountain and waited about 30 mins. From there we headed towards Frontierland and stopped to see the grave diggers. We arrived around 8:45 and left five minutes later. They were so much fun, definitely find time to meet them.

We then grabbed seats for the parade in front of the dvc building in Frontierland. We ran into Brer Rabbit again and he flipped out seeing me! He remembered me from the other party and I got pretend to be his cm for a while. I told him I was leaving tomorrow and he was really sad to see me go :( after a hug goodbye he went on his merry way. I mobile ordered another pirate horizon and enjoyed it while watching the costume parade. Soon the headless horesemem arrived and then the parade. I highly recommend this spot for the horsemen. He slows down and stop right there, it was perfect!

From there we walked to the hub for fireworks. We found a spot in front of the partners and found a railing to lean against. It was not great for fireworks but awesome for projections and the jack puppet! We stayed for the villains show and watching the headless horsemen cross the frontier bridge towards the hub. Since we were both tired we headed to the exit, grabbed a socerer card, and the horsemen magic shot.

It was a great night but started rough. I may still email Disney and let them know about our Moana incident, but Donald and Brer Rabbit made the night so much better. Jack and Sally was far more organized while Moana was rushed. I would not do that again.
If you email them you can let them know about the Moana incident and also compliment the CMs/characters that turned your night around :)

Do you think the sept 17 party or sept 20 party will be busier? Touring plans has the 17 as busier but it’s a Tuesday. I thought a Tuesday would be slower 🤷🏼‍♀️. Trying to decide on our second party night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter