"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I’d probably agree as I don’t find it crowded like everyone always does but last night was absolutely crowded....agree to disagree
Wait times on the app were extremely low. 5 minutes for most rides and only 20 for Mine Train. Perhaps they weren’t accurately. Did walkways feel crowded? Long character waits?

Wait times on the app were extremely low. 5 minutes for most rides and only 20 for Mine Train. Perhaps they weren’t accurately. Did walkways feel crowded? Long character waits?

Oh if you want the rides then by all means go for it. Low waits however for actual Halloween specific events candy characters the fireworks etc it was crowded

I was able to walk up and get 2nd row curb on main Street during 1st parade. 2nd parade got there 30 minutes early to eat while sitting on the curb on Main Street. While there were crowds in front of the castle, I never felt the entire park was bad. As for trick or treating, we only did a little, simply because I can buy candy at home and rather use my time for other stuff, but we still made out with plenty . We did Halloween photopass, and never thought the lines were bad for that either. We met Elvis Stitch, which took about 30 minutes. We didn't do others because we were not interested. The ride wait times were low and we did all the overlays. The longest we experienced was Space Mt, I think we did that around 8:30 pm and it took 20 mins. We also stopped and watched the actors outside Haunted Mansion. We stopped multiple times to eat too. Maybe my tolerance is higher due to going at Christmas, but it was awesome for us. In the end, every party is different as is every event goer's perspectives. I was worried before I went, based on things I read here. I decided to go in with low expectations, arrive early, and wing it. That worked for me. Good luck!

Forgot to add, saw fireworks and stage show too

We just returned from an amazing Disney trip-went to MNSSHP on Friday, September 6. Although I am glad I went to experience it, and consider myself a Disney FANatic, , I am not sure I would go again. We got everything we wanted to get done in regular rides from 4 to 7. The locals must have been relieved Dorian was gone because the crowd size at least doubled. We rode the Haunted Mansion, talked a bit to Madame Carlotta, who informed us after I asked my grandson if he thought she was pretty, that she was not just pretty, she was drop dead gorgeous! We got candy from three stations, rode Tea Cups, saw a little of the Monster, Inc dance party, and saw the parade. We did have one picture made. My grandson, who is 6, couldn't hold out past the parade, so we got a Minnie Van (can't say enough good things about this service if you need a quick ride back, thank you Steve the driver, one of the nicest cast members I ever met) and left about 10. I enjoyed what time we were there, but if your kids can't hold out until the party ends at midnight, I think it is best to wait until they can. Posts I have read all seemed to say its better after the first parade, so heed that advice and don't go until you can stick it out until the witching hour-

Last edited:
I was able to walk up and get 2nd row curb on main Street during 1st parade. 2nd parade got there 30 minutes early to eat while sitting on the curb on Main Street. While there were crowds in front of the castle, I never felt the entire park was bad. As for trick or treating, we only did a little, simply because I can buy candy at home and rather use my time for other stuff, but we still made out with plenty . We did Halloween photopass, and never thought the lines were bad for that either. We met Elvis Stitch, which took about 30 minutes. We didn't do others because we were not interested. The ride wait times were low and we did all the overlays. The longest we experienced was Space Mt, I think we did that around 8:30 pm and it took 20 mins. We also stopped and watched the actors outside Haunted Mansion. We stopped multiple times to eat too. Maybe my tolerance is higher due to going at Christmas, but it was awesome for us. In the end, every party is different as is every event goer's perspectives. I was worried before I went, based on things I read here. I decided to go in with low expectations, arrive early, and wing it. That worked for me. Good luck!

Forgot to add, saw fireworks and stage show too

Somewhat of a tangent... Who were the actors outside of the Haunted Mansion? ... was it Cadaver Dans, or are there some other actors?

Thanks!

Somewhat of a tangent... Who were the actors outside of the Haunted Mansion? ... was it Cadaver Dans, or are there some other actors?

Thanks!
Madame Carlotta and Rinota (they traded off) and Butler Broome are on the lawn
Cadaver Dans are in Frontierland

View attachment 434975

Went last night and I’m not one to say the parties are crowded as I usually say I think it’s all perception but last night was PACKED

I think it depended what you were doing. I didn't accomplish much. We were in character lines (Daisy and Donald then Jack and Sally). Did a couple Photopass pics and a few very long trick or treat lines. My husband and son didn't watch the parade with me and they said during the parade, attraction lines, trick or treat lines were non-existent.

Not actually a Halloween party question but:

If NOT going to the Halloween party, what are some fun Halloween-related activities to do in the WDW resort?

While the party looks fun, I think my kids are still too young to make it worth it (would be staying up way too late), but would love to do/see some Halloween-related things. Last year, at Christmas, we didn't do that party, but there was still plenty of decorations to see in each park, special shows (like the Frozen Sing-Along with Christmas additions, or the Jingle Cruise).

The last couple years, we stayed at a value resort for Halloween. The pool recreation cm will have Halloween themed games throughout the day. Characters will come to the resort. There is usually a dj poolside.

I think it depended what you were doing. I didn't accomplish much. We were in character lines (Daisy and Donald then Jack and Sally). Did a couple Photopass pics and a few very long trick or treat lines. My husband and son didn't watch the parade with me and they said during the parade, attraction lines, trick or treat lines were non-existent.

The last couple years, we stayed at a value resort for Halloween. The pool recreation cm will have Halloween themed games throughout the day. Characters will come to the resort. There is usually a dj poolside.
[/QUOTE
I don't think any character lines could have possibly been less than 45 minutes when we went September 6-And as I have heard others say, since we did trick or treat lines early they were rationing the candy. Only about two things from each bucket!

Not actually a Halloween party question but:

If NOT going to the Halloween party, what are some fun Halloween-related activities to do in the WDW resort?

While the party looks fun, I think my kids are still too young to make it worth it (would be staying up way too late), but would love to do/see some Halloween-related things. Last year, at Christmas, we didn't do that party, but there was still plenty of decorations to see in each park, special shows (like the Frozen Sing-Along with Christmas additions, or the Jingle Cruise).
Minnie's Halloween Dine at Hollywood and Vine in HS was lots of fun for my littles-Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy were all in Halloween costumes,, and great interactions.

Minnie's Halloween Dine at Hollywood and Vine in HS was lots of fun for my littles-Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy were all in Halloween costumes,, and great interactions.

Hmmmm, interesting. Were they all in the same costumes that they wear during the Halloween party?

Last edited:
For a rainy party, does Jafar, Pooh, gravediggers or Donald get moved anywhere for meets? If so, anyone know where? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter