"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went Tuesday 10/1. Had to wait 30 minutes for boat from WL to arrive to a mess at security followed by unbearable crowds with 60 minute waits at many popular rides. This was a stark contrast to parties in past years and I am definitely in the never-ever again group for a Halloween party.

When I stayed at Wilderness Lodge, I thought the bus was better than the boat when going to the Magic Kingdom. Shorter wait and shorter ride. I know that won't help you, but others might want to consider it.

I'm super behind on this thread, but recently did the first Bermuda cruise on the Magic and I was pleasantly surprised they had all the Halloween buckets there. I was torn, but got the Mickey Pumpkin one. They also had Oogie Boogie and the poison apple bucket and cup. Now I'll just bring my bucket with us on our trip and we're good to go!

Does anyone have opinions on the Hades Nachos at Pecos Bills? My son really wants to try them and will be dressed as Hades for the party :) Are they an option for online ordering? I know I read that others waited forever even with online ordering but I couldn't find the post. We were thinking of grabbing them before our parade spot so we have time to eat while saving our spot so 8-8:30ish. We do have the DDP but I'm guessing they are not included in that. Is one enough to share?

TOT questions:

1--Are all of the TOT lines handing out the same candy?
2--Are some TOT lines more fun/interesting than others?
3--Can I get the non-chocolate treats (gummies, etc.) as well as regular treats, or do I need to get the special allergy bag? I'm not a huge chocolate fan, and my family members will have plenty for all of us!

All are the same except Carousel of Progress. You get applesauce there. We ended up with a few lifesavers gummies. Lots of Starbursts. But mostly M&M both plain and peanut. A few snickers, a few milky way, a few Dove chocolate, a few caramel M&M.
ETA: 3 types of Skittles, berry, original and sour.

Last edited:
Does anyone have opinions on the Hades Nachos at Pecos Bills? My son really wants to try them and will be dressed as Hades for the party :) Are they an option for online ordering? I know I read that others waited forever even with online ordering but I couldn't find the post. We were thinking of grabbing them before our parade spot so we have time to eat while saving our spot so 8-8:30ish. We do have the DDP but I'm guessing they are not included in that. Is one enough to share?

Pecos Bills had long lines and was kind of slow during the first party. If people wanted something other than sweets, there weren't a lot of quick service restaurant options available after Columbia Harbour House closed (at 8:00 I think) so a lot of people went there. If you want to get food at Pecos Bills, leave plenty of time. "Grabbing" something there won't really be an option.

I loved them! I did order via Mobile Ordering but they were not available on the app prior to 7 (now, this was last year, so may have changed since). I picked mine up prior to grabbing my parade spot and ate while I waited :)

We're going to the 10/29 party. It's our only park day, we're DVC and can get in at 2p. Main priorities are rides, tot, parade and fireworks. Everyone says to eat before the party officially starts (and we've always done that) but I've been checking wait times on party nights and it *seems* waits are pretty low from 5-7pm. Thinking of maybe eating dinner at pecos bills around 7p or 7:30p. Let the first party craziness, tot lines, die down a little? Any thoughts? First hand experience?

Can you see the first parade from the Terrace Plaza Garden Party or would you have to do the later one?

You can see something is going on in the Hub from the Tomorrowland Terrace, but it’s not going to be a good view at all. Just tops of floats (if anything) and from too far a distance. Audio will be whatever you hear coming from the Hub, it won’t be playing directly in the Terrace.

With both the Plaza Garden and Tomorrowland Terrace dessert parties, you have to sort of “manage around” things with either the first or second parade to whatever suites your plan best. For many that’ll be opting for the second parade. Anything from the first parade is generally going to take away dessert time, which may work for some but not for others.

I loved them! I did order via Mobile Ordering but they were not available on the app prior to 7 (now, this was last year, so may have changed since). I picked mine up prior to grabbing my parade spot and ate while I waited :)

Just FWIW, I was curious as I hadn’t checked this in awhile either so I checked tonight, mobile ordering allowed the MNSSHP items starting at 7pm.

B0B72E78-93E1-4BFD-928E-8CB471D45629.png

You can see something is going on in the Hub from the Tomorrowland Terrace, but it’s not going to be a good view at all. Just tops of floats (if anything) and from too far a distance. Audio will be whatever you hear coming from the Hub, it won’t be playing directly in the Terrace.

With both the Plaza Garden and Tomorrowland Terrace dessert parties, you have to sort of “manage around” things with either the first or second parade to whatever suites your plan best. For many that’ll be opting for the second parade. Anything from the first parade is generally going to take away dessert time, which may work for some but not for others.
I think we have decided to pass on the party. We really want to see the earlier parade with the small ones and want them to be able to see it. Maybe we can find a decent FW spot without the extra $$. Thanks!

We go to the Halloween party tomorrow. Still trying to find out if your whole party has to check in to the plaza garden dessert party at one time or if we can check in separate? TIA

Are we allowed to valet at the Contemporary even if we don't have dining reservations there? If so, what is the cost? We are hoping to eat a counter service meal there, then walk to the MK and be in line for the party at around 3:00. We hope to walk back to the Contemporary after the party and take a Lyft back to Pop. We're trying to avoid relying on the bus system, especially after the party.

Also, do you think the party on the 27th will sell out? TIA for any help!

Just FWIW, I was curious as I hadn’t checked this in awhile either so I checked tonight, mobile ordering allowed the MNSSHP items starting at 7pm.

View attachment 441997
Thanks! Has anyone tried mobile ordering at Pecos Bills around 8 this party season? We used mobile ordering for the first time back in May and it was not much quicker or easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter