"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids wanted to do rides, even though we have APs and have done them a million times.

Hi fellow Friday party goer! Wasn’t the weather awesome?!?! Agree with your assessment of crowds and such. I had zero complaints about our overall experience.

Had to laugh at your ride comment, I may or may not have had to ‘bribe’ my kids a few times with candy to not go on BTMR again. And for some reason mine have really taken to the darn Flying Carpets ride (after years of all but ignoring it). They don’t seem to understand that riding it 3 times is not good use of party time. :goodvibes

I also need to “work” on DD5 a bit when it comes to MNSSHP.

We watched both parades. During parade #2, as the first float went by... DD tapped me on the shoulder and gave me a frown saying “hey, this is the same thing we already did.” She was none too pleased.

DS9 is more of my MNSSHP buddy - he will watch the parade all day any day.

Someday DD will come around to our way of thinking. Lol!

Also, to whoever asked, yes, we got a great spot at this time for the first parade right down from Plaza, right before the grassy area, to take advantage of our dessert party at Tomorrowland terrace

I just wanted to thank everyone for their observations, and advice on this thread! We go for our party on Thursday, and I know that we will put so much of what I've learned here into practice. It will be our second party, but the last one was about 6 years ago. It seems quite a bit has changed! I'm going in expecting a lot of people to be there with us. However, we are going to be flexible, and we're going to do a lot of "zigging"! No matter what, we are going to enjoy every ounce of it 'cause we're at Disney!

Looks like a low crowd at MNSSHP tonight 10/15 according to wait times for rides, especially compared to the wait times I have seen this past week. 7 SDMT is at 35 minutes right now!

Looks like a low crowd at MNSSHP tonight 10/15 according to wait times for rides, especially compared to the wait times I have seen this past week. 7 SDMT is at 35 minutes right now!

That's what I was thinking too when I was looking at wait times around 10:30 last night! I was trying to get an idea of wait times for a Tuesday party since we are going on the 29th. Guess we'll see! Although I think when I was looking, the fireworks may still have been going on...

Quick review of MNSSHP Thurs 10/10 and Fri 10/11. This was my family's 3rd trip for MNSSHP. First trip 3 years ago was a gem, with low crowds and pretty much walk-on everything. 2018 trip was more crowded. This trip felt less crowded than 2018 (and we went over the exact same weekend). Each night my teen girls rode Space Mtn about 5 times, Big Thunder, Splash and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 2 times each. Haunted Mansion once, Small World, Pooh and other random rides once. They did a lot of trick or treating (surprisingly), quite a few special photo ops, did late Boo To You, saw the Hocus Pocus show and got great spots by the Partners statue for the fireworks. On the second night I jumped in line for Jack & Sally greet upon arrival. Line took 1 hour 15 min. When I was close to the front, I texted my older daughter and she came through the line and took the Jack & Sally photo that I'd waited for. I did not "double up" by also taking a photo - I let her take my spot. Everyone in line was totally cool with that.

Regarding the FIREWORKS... ay, ay, yi.. they were totally crazy - Projections! Spotlights! Lasers! Tons of Pyro! Super loud bang fireworks! and the "special thing" that I won't spoil if you don't already know about it. This show was bat crazy. I thought I was going to have a seizure. I was literally standing there with my jaw dropped during one bizarre hallucinogenic sequence, thinking that if I was a parent with little kids, that sequence might have gone on a little too long for my taste (skeletons and bones). At the end of it, I was like "Wow". All 3 of my teens said "That was kinda crazy. Way too much going on". Uh, yeah. On night 2 we opted to sit at a table by the Plaza thinking that maybe it would be less nuts if we weren't up by the partners statue. The thing is, if you're back by the Plaza or Main Street, you can't see the "special thing" which occurs on the castle stage - I mean, you wouldn't even know it was there. And the show was just as crazy. We all thought it had some very cool parts, but it was craaaaaazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my brief writeup of our party last night, 10/15. It was NOT sold out, which was a relief after the horrible time we had last year. I was fairly anxious about everything going as planned since this was the first and likely time the hubster could come down with us. Our costumes were Robyn, Steve and Dustin from Stranger Things. We did not want to focus on rides or characters.

I'll timestamp this report for ease of reading and for me remembering ;).

3:00pm: Entered and got wristbands (we are DVC). Headed straight to get Sorcerer's cards. Went to Emporium to look for magicband but it was sold out.

3:15pm to 6:00pm: Fast passes and walk-on Big Thunder and Under The Sea. Got another fast pass for Pooh for 5:25 so that rounded out our roster (we had FP for Space, Pirates and HM so we wouldn't spend time in line for those later if they were too long).

6:00pm: Mobile Order at Pecos Bills. It was BUSY.

6:35pm: Changed into costumes. Saw tripods set up by the gazebo in Liberty Square and were able to get the Hitchhiking Ghosts and Hatbox Ghost photos at that time.

6:45pm: Went to Main Street and went through the Bypass for the starter bag and a little "atmosphere". On our way down Main Street, we got the Cauldron and Pumpkin shots from a photographer on Main Street. Then, we headed straight to Tomorrowland via Bypass.

6:50pm: Monsters Inc TOT station as confirmed as active at the entrance, so we went in there. The CMs were VERY generous with the candy all night, with huge handfuls at each stop.

6:55pm: Checked out Space but the line was already at 35 minutes. Did Buzz instead.

7:00pm to 7:35pm: TOT, Tea Cups with overlay, checked out the dance party inside Cosmic Rays, more TOT, and still more TOT (a theme with our kid).

7:35pm: Good spot for Hocus Pocus near the Partner Statue. This was followed by another TOT line.

8:35pm: Booted it to Liberty Square with the intention of getting a front row spot wherever we could. We actually found one a few steps from the first Adventureland pass-through so stayed there for exit strategy purposes. Walked up and down all the way to the parade start area and all other front row seats were taken. Looking back, we were very lucky and should probably have headed there an hour or so before.

9:40: As soon as the last float passed and the ropes were wound up, we scurried to the grassy area in front of Casey's. There were maybe four other groups there and kids were lying down and doing cartwheels. By 10:00pm, this area was quite full. I was worried that we would not be able to stand because everyone behind us was sitting to the last minute, but all of the people in the area got up when the lights dimmed.

10:35pm: Swam upstream to Tomorrowland but missed the sweet spot for Space so we did People Mover instead and got to see the overlay a bit that way.

We headed home after getting the last TOT visit at Monsters Inc and the Headless Horseman shot at the front.

Overall, it was definitely not crowded and we were able to get everything done that we had wanted to. I wish we all had the stamina to stay up later and get that last hour in at the party, but I certainly cannot complain about any portion of the night. The costumes were amazing this year and CMs were in a good mood (maybe because the party was not as crowded!) so the atmosphere was perfect. My costume was a bit big for me and scratchy but if that's the only thing I can complain about this year- I'll take it :)!

We went to last night's party. It was so nice to walk right up to tot without any lines. My bag was filled to the rim after 3 stops. Same 3 stops, and my son's was half filled and dh's was like Charlie Brown. He didn't get a rock, but he barely got any candy. We laughed about it. He was carrying a big tot bag from Her Universe that says, "your lack of candy is disturbing."

DS had an audition last night for a feature film, so we didn't get to the party until after 7:30. The entrance was crazy.

Resized_20191015_193115.jpeg

We were thankful to find that inside the park was very manageable! The bypass had very few people and lines for photopass were empty.

We did 3 for stops, COP (We got banana applesauce and strawberry applesauce), Cosmic Rays was located outside of the restaurant, and laugh floor.

We went to Main St. to play SOTMK and pick up the card. Main street was empty. We stopped and did the photo ops with very little wait.

On my to do list was Minnie, so we waited an hour to see her.

To answer someone's question earlier, the play area was closed.

Resized_20191015_205925.jpeg

After seeing Minnie, we left the park. Got to see the headless horseman as we exited.

October 24th Party Peeps!

Complimentary Halloween Looks by Character Couture Team at DisneyStyle on October 24th

The cast members of the Walt Disney World salons want to help you get ready for Halloween this year. Stop by DisneyStyle in Disney Springs‘ West Side on Thursday, October 24th from 1 to 9pm for a complementary Halloween look from the professional stylists of the Character Couture team. LINK

3:00pm: Entered and got wristbands (we are DVC). Headed straight to get Sorcerer's cards. Went to Emporium to look for magicband but it was sold out.

I was curious if you happened to notice how much of the other event merchandise was sold out while you were there? We're headed down next week and my past experience with a mid to late October party date is that most of the stuff is super picked over by the time we got there (few T-shirts, pins, etc). I've gotten myself a Logo pin every year and nearly missed it one year because of super limited availability, and we missed out on some T-shirts one year.

I was curious if you happened to notice how much of the other event merchandise was sold out while you were there? We're headed down next week and my past experience with a mid to late October party date is that most of the stuff is super picked over by the time we got there (few T-shirts, pins, etc). I've gotten myself a Logo pin every year and nearly missed it one year because of super limited availability, and we missed out on some T-shirts one year.
I’m sorry, I only asked about or looked for the magic band this time.

Just adding...

The MNSSHP band with Mickey and Minnie on it. They said we could check Big Top but we didn’t end up going there to look, so I’m not sure if the sellout is parkwide.
Sold Out at the Emporium . We did see them at Big Top back in August. Hopefully others will chime in including other Sold Out items.

Just adding...

Sold Out at the Emporium . We did see them at Big Top back in August. Hopefully others will chime in including other Sold Out items.

It seems like they moved most of the event merchandise to Big Top just inside the doors across from the entrance to Dumbo. I've got my fingers crossed that what I want is in stock, otherwise I may have to resort to eBay.. ugh!

It seems like they moved most of the event merchandise to Big Top just inside the doors across from the entrance to Dumbo. I've got my fingers crossed that what I want is in stock, otherwise I may have to resort to eBay.. ugh!

What do you mean, they moved Emporium's Halloween stuff to Big Top? When I was there both locations were stocked full to the brim.

Went to the party on the 14th. It was sold out. We were not there for character greats etc. Other business brought us to Orlando and I saw there was a party we could hit and with a dvc early entrance at 2pm thought it could make for a good day in the Magic Kingdom so the kids could get a little Disney fix. We did splash x2, thunder x3, hall of presidents (husband insisted....), haunted mansion, barn stormer, pooh, under the sea, peter pan, seven dwarves, astro orbiter, buz, people mover, pirates x2, picked up the party somk card, and watched parade. by 10pm almost all rides were walk on except peter pan and seven dwarves. we got into the pan que at 20 to midnight and got out at 5 min to midnight and booked it over to seven dwarves before they closed the line. It was about 1230 am when we got off the ride and headed out. We also hit the trick or treat lines some, but only when there was no line for them... if there was a line we went on by.... at the end of the night we had over 10 pounds of candy (2 adults 2 kids). All and all for the price and crowd levels the party was worth it to me. It was similar price to a one day magic kingdom ticket with extra activities, decreased wait times for rides, and I got to sleep in in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter