"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked for 8/16. I guess I’ll just keep watching for confirmation of parade viewing

The wording was weird. I could find any info about cancellations. Just that you need Halloween party tickets and that tickets are non refundable

I intend to purchase tickets through shades of green for military discount. Does anyone know its still tru that they continue to sell to military even when party is sold out?

We are planning to go to the Oct 4 (Friday night) party. Do you think I need to purchase tickets ASAP? I wasn't sure if it would be a super popular date or not. When I did it on a Friday night previously, it was the Friday before Columbus Day. This time it is actually a week sooner than that.

Just booked Tomorrowland Terrace Halloween Dessert party for September 13th for DH and I. We enjoyed the terrace seating for our last WDW trip in 2015 so i'm quite happy :)

Any aph or DVC discounts?

. Thanks for posting

Think I have the differences sorted...

Is this the gist of it???

Tomorrowland terrace is at 9:15 pm (later than last year, were able to access and get good seat at 7 pm then).

$84

Plaza garden

Dessert party at 8:45pm. Believe that pkg had seating in area across the walkway?

FW viewing at 10:15 Pm

$69

KtP commented on his Facebook page that he was told the parade viewing was included but that Disney’s page does not reflect it at this time. Something I’ll be watching for, for sure.

Has anyone verified this officially with WDW yet when booking?

Just booked Tomorrowland Terrace Halloween Dessert party for September 13th for DH and I. We enjoyed the terrace seating for our last WDW trip in 2015 so i'm quite happy :)

As did I!

Another comment on the dessert party. Our family hasn’t attended MNSSHP since 2017. It seems like then they offered both Terrace seating and Plaza Garden Viewing, but today’s release only is showing Terrace seating?
We are unable to book due to dates not being opened up yet in October, but I agree with earlier post about wording being vague. Hopefully they will clarify soon.

Another comment on the dessert party. Our family hasn’t attended MNSSHP since 2017. It seems like then they offered both Terrace seating and Plaza Garden Viewing, but today’s release only is showing Terrace seating?
We are unable to book due to dates not being opened up yet in October, but I agree with earlier post about wording being vague. Hopefully they will clarify soon.

There is a link a page back for the garden view dessert party. Weird it doesn't show under the halloween party info on disney's site.

Question about the ride overlays they added this year. Do we know if these ride overlays are IN ADDITION to what was offered last year or will it just be those three this year?

Ok, so assuming it will be busy during Labor Day Weekend , what are ride lines like on a sold out party these days? I’ve done sold out 10/31 & 11/1 parties but not in close to 10 years. Sounds like they sell more tickets now?

Our priority is rides not characters. We would watch the second parade (if at all) and are content to watch fireworks from a last minute (and not perfectly situated) spot.

That’s definitely a better way to judge. We’ve attended August/Labor Day weekend parties and were told they were some of the lowest attendance of the season. Everything was a walk on. However, with everything opening Labor Day weekend you really can’t predict what to expect.

We’re now considering the 8/27 party with the announcement of the ride overlays. I had to promise my son a costume t-shirt. It will probably be 110 degrees!

How is it possible we are here again this year with uncertainty around parade viewing? Ayiyi. I've booked 8/30 anyway, not entirely sure I'll keep it.

I asked KtP about his claim of parade viewing on FB and he did respond to me and said it was info he had heard, but not yet posted. I find that pretty odd, but nothing about parade viewing and this dessert party would surprise me at this point. It is kinda making me wonder if maybe there will be something else bookable with parade viewing, like a dining package? Time will tell!

Any aph or DVC discounts?

. Thanks for posting

Think I have the differences sorted...

Is this the gist of it???

Tomorrowland terrace is at 9:15 pm (later than last year, were able to access and get good seat at 7 pm then).

$84

Plaza garden

Dessert party at 8:45pm. Believe that pkg had seating in area across the walkway?

FW viewing at 10:15 Pm

$69

Has anyone verified this officially with WDW yet when booking?

As did I!

That was because of the parade viewing mixup. Because they were honouring the parade viewing for people who booked before the website was corrected, they ended up opening up the check-in early to get people situation and the logistics of the parade viewing communicated. I'm pretty sure the confirmation emails last year and a start time the same or close to what it is this year.

Here's the language in my confirmation for dessert party for opening night. If parade was included, wouldn't there be info about it here?

Guest Policies Ver condiciones en Español
Cancel
- There is a 5 Day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged/forfeited if canceling within 5 Days or no show of the reservation.
Restriction / Requirement
-
Guests who have purchased the HalloWishes Premium Package may check-in beginning at 4:00 PM at Tomorrowland Terrace, where they will receive a credential for identification. Guests are advised to return to Tomorrowland Terrace as early as 90 minutes prior to the Happy Hallowishes fireworks showing which begins at 10:15 PM.

- Allow up to 1 1/2 (or 1.5) hours to travel to your destination when traveling within WDW property.
- Menu Items, Pricing, and Hours are subject to change without notice.
- If applicable, Hard Ticket Event reservations. You are making a reservation during an event which requires the purchase of a separately priced event admission ticket (ex: Mickey's Not-Scary-Halloween Party). Guests with theme park admission must purchase the special event admission ticket in order to enter or remain in the park during the special event. Special event tickets may be purchased at disneyworld.com or by calling 407-WDISNEY.
Note: The number of tickets available is limited for special events. Events may sell out early. Special event tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- PTY OF 51 or more: Party size can not be accommodated at this experience.
-
This Experience does not accept ANY Magic Your Way dining entitlements

- Fireworks and entertainment are subject to change and not guaranteed.

Here's the language in my confirmation. If parade was included, wouldn't there be info about it here?

Guest Policies Ver condiciones en Español
Cancel
- There is a 5 Day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged/forfeited if canceling within 5 Days or no show of the reservation.
Restriction / Requirement
-
Guests who have purchased the HalloWishes Premium Package may check-in beginning at 4:00 PM at Tomorrowland Terrace, where they will receive a credential for identification. Guests are advised to return to Tomorrowland Terrace as early as 90 minutes prior to the Happy Hallowishes fireworks showing which begins at 10:15 PM.

- Allow up to 1 1/2 (or 1.5) hours to travel to your destination when traveling within WDW property.
- Menu Items, Pricing, and Hours are subject to change without notice.
- If applicable, Hard Ticket Event reservations. You are making a reservation during an event which requires the purchase of a separately priced event admission ticket (ex: Mickey's Not-Scary-Halloween Party). Guests with theme park admission must purchase the special event admission ticket in order to enter or remain in the park during the special event. Special event tickets may be purchased at disneyworld.com or by calling 407-WDISNEY.
Note: The number of tickets available is limited for special events. Events may sell out early. Special event tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- PTY OF 51 or more: Party size can not be accommodated at this experience.
-
This Experience does not accept ANY Magic Your Way dining entitlements

Possibly, though I think this line covers them in just about any instance:

Also, based on prior years, what the site / email says today is not necessarily what will be tomorrow. LOL

With the opening of SW:GE the past parties aren't going to be much help for gauging crowds. No telling what's going to happen. It's definitely a "wait and see" situation.

This. I would fully anticipate them to sell out that weekend, as well as the later parties near the opening of swge due to the greater crowds being on property. The good thing with mnshhp, a sold out party is just like any other sold party, whether it be Sept or Oct in terms of crowds (except the first parties where it seems to be more chaotic). Obviously that might not be the case, but I'd prepare that way regardless.

Question about the ride overlays they added this year. Do we know if these ride overlays are IN ADDITION to what was offered last year or will it just be those three this year?

I emailed Disney when another site unofficially announced the new overlays coming. I had asked them if Space Moutain was or could return since we loved it so much. I got the standard reply that nothing has been announced officially if there's going to be any overlays at all this year, but they appreciated the feedback, yada yada. If I had to guess, I would say it would be added as different this year instead of in addition to what was added. Disney rarely adds something without subtraction somewhere else when it comes to characters and entertainment. But this is just my opinion.

I emailed Disney when another site unofficially announced the new overlays coming. I had asked them if Space Moutain was or could return since we loved it so much. I got the standard reply that nothing has been announced officially if there's going to be any overlays at all this year, but they appreciated the feedback, yada yada. If I had to guess, I would say it would be added as different this year instead of in addition to what was added. Disney rarely adds something without subtraction somewhere else when it comes to characters and entertainment. But this is just my opinion.
I agree. I believe the new ride overlays will take the place of last year’s, especially since the MK Villains event is getting Space and POC overlays. But we’ll have to wait and see!

I agree. I believe the new ride overlays will take the place of last year’s, especially since the MK Villains event is getting Space and POC overlays. But we’ll have to wait and see!

Speaking of MK Villains (after hours) event, I think Robert Niles from "Theme Park Insider" summed the no Villains Meet & Greet perfectly:

"..there will be no meet and greets with the characters at this event. (This is where you might start thinking that the biggest Disney Villain here is whoever made that decision.)" :rotfl:

Link: https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201904/6696/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter