• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the person whose family members will go from the airport directly to MNSSHP: Ubering to the Contemporary and walking from the Contemporary to MK probably would be faster than Ubering to Transportation & Ticket Center and getting monorail or ferry to MK from there.

Of course, I don't know your family members; maybe that would would not be right for them.

Also, I have not timed this so I can't say for sure.
Actually after doing poly and gf for parties I think dd may uber to one of those and mono .

Why?

We think the security at the resort mono stations is fast and when you exit mono at MK the turnstiles are not as busy.

Dd is wdw savvy, it’s her 1st time to introduce bf or wdw. I’m curious which path she will pick??

Funny, it’s the small stuff of planning and winging it that makes it fun for me.

She may choose Cr , it’s the 1st resort Disney built and she may pick to show that 1st. She’s a big Walt loving nerd :)

For the person whose family members will go from the airport directly to MNSSHP: Ubering to the Contemporary and walking from the Contemporary to MK probably would be faster than Ubering to Transportation & Ticket Center and getting monorail or ferry to MK from there.

Of course, I don't know your family members; maybe that would would not be right for them.

Also, I have not timed this so I can't say for sure.

We did this just last week for the party. We had to get dropped off at the TTC because of the type of tickets I had and it was a major PAIN. Because of the construction in front of security at the TTC the walk is long from where you are dropped off. And the monorail itself takes time. My Lyft receipt has our drop off time at 6:32 and we were in MK at 7:05. I remember because we missed the party announcement.

Leaving the party we walked to CR and our wait for a Lyft was about 4 minutes. We've done the walk into and out of the CR walkway many times and security there is a breeze and even easier than security from the Poly and GF monorail stations, both of which we've also done. Waiting for the resort monorail and then the actual resort monorail stops all take extra time. The CR walkway is super fast and convenient.

Curious to know, The Oct 31 party is extremely crowded will the Nov 1 party be just as crowded or not as full as the 31st ?

Curious to know, The Oct 31 party is extremely crowded will the Nov 1 party be just as crowded or not as full as the 31st ?
I am curious about this as well. I am wondering if the 1st will be more crowded because it is a Friday.

Thanks for all the info in this thread! We are surprising our Disney-loving daughter with a quick trip/MNSSHP party on her birthday! (she turns 7 on 9/20). Two questions:

1.) Headless horseman PhotoPass at the entryway - what time is this available? We are planning to enter the park the second they let us (3:45 or whenever) since we don't have park tickets and want to make the most of our park time - is the magic shot going that early?

2.) I can barely find any feedback on the DescenDance party at Cosmic Rays. My daughter is a HUUUUUUGE fan of the Descendants movies and this was part of the reason we decided to do this crazy birthday thing (though she also misses WDW badly, so it's not only for the DescenDance party). Anyone spend any time there? To give you an idea, we were at a school picnic tonight and music was playing - a few Descendents songs were mixed in there and she ran to the "dance floor" and was having a blast each time one came on. So, hoping for a minimum of that, because she'd enjoy it, but hoping there is some extra magic, given it's WDW. She'll be in her "Dizzy" Halloween costume, by the way.

Thanks!

My DD is a huge fan also! We are going on 9/13 I'll be sure to report back on this :)

Not saying in any way you should change your plans but last year my husband did exactly this. Landed, Uber, right to MK to meet us for the Halloween party. No delays, everything went smoothly, and it still took 90+ minutes for him to get to MK. Land, taxi, deboard, out to ground transportation, 30-35 minute Uber ride if there’s no traffic, drop at TTC, wait for monorail or ferry, security. It’s adds up! Just no way should you expect them at 9 pm if they land at 8:30 pm.

I'd probably do CR or a monorail resort too. Way better then TTC in my opinion.

11/1 better not be too crowded. I need to carb up for the W&D 10k the next morning! :rotfl2:

I cannot believe you're doing the party and then running. I wouldn't even get to sleep. We're going on Halloween because of that which is not my first choice, but it'll do as it's our only other option!

ETA: I did 11/1 two years ago and didn't think the crowds were bad, but I don't think it was a Friday either...

I cannot believe you're doing the party and then running. I wouldn't even get to sleep. We're going on Halloween because of that which is not my first choice, but it'll do as it's our only other option!

LOL! Add to it I’m doing all three races that weekend - going to have to manage things accordingly!

A younger version of me would have said to heck with it, just stay up all night into the AM. The current version of me is going to need to sleep at some point!

I’m not sure if this is the correct place for this, or if I’m allowed to ask...
we did the 2nd party and my maps came home crushed. Definitely not scrapbook worthy. Is it ok to ask if someone who might be willing and is going if they could mail me 5 maps if I send them a self addressed stamped envelope?
We had a great time at the party. Got tons of candy but spent a ton of time getting a nice spot for the parade and fireworks since that was my moms request for this party. We also met Elvis stitch for my son. Hit some rides after the fireworks. 5 hours just isn’t enough time to do it all!

we did the 2nd party and my maps came home crushed. Definitely not scrapbook worthy. Is it ok to ask if someone who might be willing and is going if they could mail me 5 maps if I send them a self addressed stamped envelope?
We had a great time at the party. Got tons of candy but spent a ton of time getting a nice spot for the parade and fireworks since that was my moms request for this party. We also met Elvis stitch for my son. Hit some rides after the fireworks. 5 hours just isn’t enough time to do it all!
I’m not going for another month, but if no one going sooner volunteers, I’d be happy to help! I always bring a handful home to scrapbook as well :)

I’m not going for another month, but if no one going sooner volunteers, I’d be happy to help! I always bring a handful home to scrapbook as well :)
Oh thanks so much! I appreciate it more than you know. I usually pack maps better but oops! 😳

I’ll be there the 15th and 20th. I’d be happy to. Please specify which maps you need. Just send me a message.

FASTPASS for the 4-7 time period. I can't seem to be able to book more than two without overlapping times so help me choose which ones I should pick.
We are attending Sept 24th - My son wants to do tomorrow speedway, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan and Pooh. Which two should I prioritize with the FP. I was thinking Speedway should be one since the line can be so slow no matter if it is short or not and knock that one out first and hope to get another? there are a lot available.

FASTPASS for the 4-7 time period. I can't seem to be able to book more than two without overlapping times so help me choose which ones I should pick.
We are attending Sept 24th - My son wants to do tomorrow speedway, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan and Pooh. Which two should I prioritize with the FP. I was thinking Speedway should be one since the line can be so slow no matter if it is short or not and knock that one out first and hope to get another? there are a lot available.
I would do Peter Pan. Haunted Mansion has fun stuff outside after the ride but it doesnt start until the party starts. We waited close to 30 minutes to ride it during party hours but it was worth the wait!

Any advice for our plan listed below? We are going on Fri 9/20 and we are 2 adults.

3:45 Enter gates
4:00 Bypass. Stop for candy, frame photo and bulb photo
4:25 Muppets show in Liberty Square
4:50 Hub for Move It, Shake It
5:15 PP FP (4:30-5:30)
5:45 Philharmagic FP (5:30-6:00)
6:00 eat QS
7:00 POC.
7:45 Haunted Mansion. 2 magic shots
8:30 Cadaver Dans
8:45 Gravediggers
9:00 Photos on Main Street.
9:20 Meet Mickey. Then check in for Cruella's
9:50 Line up for fireworks
10:30 Headless Horseman magic shot, then Cruella's
11:15 report to flagpole for parade
11:45 meet Minnie (will we be able to make it to this?)
Finish at Cruella's

Thanks for your help!

In case you don’t know, start the first FP at 3:30, then next 4:30, then 5:30. The FP time frame ends at 6, so the last one would be 5:30-6

In case you don’t know, start the first FP at 3:30, then next 4:30, then 5:30. The FP time frame ends at 6, so the last one would be 5:30-6
Yes, It just seems the FP's on the half hour are gone for the ones i want and everything is just skewed 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter