"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the plaza dessert parties usually sell out for the Christmas party? Just checked a bunch of the December dates and there was no availability. I didn't think the dessert parties during the ticketed events were such a hot commodity!
They’re definitely popular. Just a few posts up @Cluelyss and @GADisneyDad14 were talking about the issues with that specific party this year in December. The ADRs have not yet been released. @Cluelyss has been checking for her date daily.

Are the party fireworks generally as crowded as regular HEA fireworks shows? Is it hard to get a good (I am ok with off to the side) viewing spot if you don't camp out ahead of time?

I was able to book FPs today for MVMCP. My last one is booked for 5:30. Will I have until 6:30 to scan in for this FP, or will I need to scan in by 6:00 since that is the time MK closes that day?

Also, will I be able to get in line for 7DMT after the 11:00 parade, or do they stop allowing people in the line after a certain time? That was the only FP I wasn't able to get. Not a big deal if we don't get to ride it, but it would be awesome if we could make that our last attraction of the evening.

I was able to book FPs today for MVMCP. My last one is booked for 5:30. Will I have until 6:30 to scan in for this FP, or will I need to scan in by 6:00 since that is the time MK closes that day?

Also, will I be able to get in line for 7DMT after the 11:00 parade, or do they stop allowing people in the line after a certain time? That was the only FP I wasn't able to get. Not a big deal if we don't get to ride it, but it would be awesome if we could make that our last attraction of the evening.
You will only have until 6:00pm. The FP+ distribution officially ends at 6:00pm. Your 5:30pm FP+ window should only go until 6:00pm like this

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 6.53.25 PM.png

Does anyone know the answer to my second question? How late can we jump in line for 7DMT?

I just discovered there’s a party the night I arrive in early November. Never done the Christmas party, just Halloween. Would I be nuts trying to do it considering I fly in on the first flight of the day? I’m staying solo at BC.

This is super specific but I'll throw a question out there. I know that Main Street is the only place it snows, but how close to Main Street do we have to get to experience it? Like would the standing over by the Plaza or Ice Cream Parlor be close enough, or City Hall or anything over there? We have young kids and want to experience the snow once, and even if we have to catch the parade over near Frontierland that would be fine with us to avoid the crowds, again, if there was a way to catch the snow on Main Street even without great parade viewing. Also does it snow only during the parades or are there other times during the night that it may snow. Thanks and looking forward to our first Christmas Party.

This is super specific but I'll throw a question out there. I know that Main Street is the only place it snows, but how close to Main Street do we have to get to experience it? Like would the standing over by the Plaza or Ice Cream Parlor be close enough, or City Hall or anything over there? We have young kids and want to experience the snow once, and even if we have to catch the parade over near Frontierland that would be fine with us to avoid the crowds, again, if there was a way to catch the snow on Main Street even without great parade viewing. Also does it snow only during the parades or are there other times during the night that it may snow. Thanks and looking forward to our first Christmas Party.
I wouldn't mind knowing this myself. I'm going to my first Christmas party in December

I'm going to my first Christmas party in December and it looks like there's a lot to do. Is it realistic to expect to be able to do everything the party offers?

I just discovered there’s a party the night I arrive in early November. Never done the Christmas party, just Halloween. Would I be nuts trying to do it considering I fly in on the first flight of the day? I’m staying solo at BC.
I would definitely do it, especially since you haven't done it before. You should have lots of time. I'm pretty excited to go this year too!

Not sure about by the plaza, but I do know if you stand at the other end, near the flagpole, you will get snow there and those spots tend to fill last of all. I don’t believe it snows any other time of the night, but someone please correct me if I’m wrong!

Are the party fireworks generally as crowded as regular HEA fireworks shows? Is it hard to get a good (I am ok with off to the side) viewing spot if you don't camp out ahead of time?

This will all depend on the new show. If it is very projection heavy like the new Halloween show is, then you will want to be front and center.

Last edited:

Our trips tend to be short / cram them in long weekends since we wedge trips around school/sports calendars and such. So, that means we're often in a situation where a something like a party or DAH is on our arrival day.

While it's not my favorite setup - I'd rather not make night #1 a really late night plus there's always some travel risk involved - but we truck through. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes with Disney. :-)

I did Animal Kingdom After Hours the night I arrived in February and I arrived by train...so...yes, but I'd consider doing it anyway XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter