• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debating on which date to do. We want to do it early in the trip while we still have high energy levels.:yay: Anyone have experience doing the first party after Thanksgiving week? I'm trying to figure out if it will be crazy busy because there haven't been parties in a week or if it will be more on the mellow side because people have to head back to work/school after the holiday.:confused3

Bucket list for me. My nephew , his fiancée and booked for both 11/12 and 11/14. We didn’t want the first night because we were afraid it would be too crowded. Even if our nights are crowded I’m good with it because I have always wanted to go to see the castle and the party.
See you there! We got tickets for the 12th!

Even with APHs we rarely park hop. Depends on the projected crowds during your visit. I’d plan on a MK day early in trip. You can always add PH if you really feel the need.

My current plan ( subject to change) is MK 1st full day there (it's a party night but I think it won't feel like Disney until we see the castle) and also our last night ( also a party night). I have a smoker with us so I'm thinking by the afternoon he'll want to smoke so if he's going to walk all the way out of the park we might as well hop to somewhere else. Plus some of our party is wanting to do the Backstage Magic tour so I think we need hoppers for that as well.

Something to consider for those going on the first night of the party. As there may be a new Christmas fireworks display this year there may be quite a crowd early. Many of which would be bloggers trying to record the new fireworks display. I would expect many set up early with their cameras to get good shots. Just something to consider when you think about what time you need to arrive for the fireworks on that first night of the party.

My current plan ( subject to change) is MK 1st full day there (it's a party night but I think it won't feel like Disney until we see the castle) and also our last night ( also a party night). I have a smoker with us so I'm thinking by the afternoon he'll want to smoke so if he's going to walk all the way out of the park we might as well hop to somewhere else. Plus some of our party is wanting to do the Backstage Magic tour so I think we need hoppers for that as well.
Unless they've changed the Backstage Magic Tour (8hr tour, three parks), you do not need hoppers, nor do you need a park ticket unless you plan to stay in MK (where the tour ends, around parade time). If you don't want to use a park day for MK, you leave with the Tour and get dropped back off outside the entrance to Epcot.

Unless they've changed the Backstage Magic Tour (8hr tour, three parks), you do not need hoppers, nor do you need a park ticket unless you plan to stay in MK (where the tour ends, around parade time). If you don't want to use a park day for MK, you leave with the Tour and get dropped back off outside the entrance to Epcot.
That is good to know!! maybe I won't need to add that 5th day after all! Thanks!

I find pricing and date trends for these things interesting. The price increases continue pretty much unabated I guess.

For 2019, adult regular pre-tax prices are:
$99 - 6 nights
$109 - 9 nights
$115 - 5 nights
$129 - 1 night
$139 - 2 nights

That’s a weighted average price of $111, or an 8.5% increase over last year. When comparing the five pricing tiers, those increases are 4.2%-12.2% ($4-$14) depending on the date.

Not that the AP/DVC discount is that earth shattering with the parties anyway, but there are a lot more AP/DVC discounted parties in 2019 than prior years. 21 in 2019, compared to 14 in 2018, 12 in 2017, 7 in 2016. At least that trend is up.

There are 23 total parties in 2019, compared to 22 in 2018, 21 in 2017 and 2016, 20 in 2015, 19 in 2014 and 2013.

Sorry, random thoughts/observations!

Something to consider for those going on the first night of the party. As there may be a new Christmas fireworks display this year there may be quite a crowd early. Many of which would be bloggers trying to record the new fireworks display. I would expect many set up early with their cameras to get good shots. Just something to consider when you think about what time you need to arrive for the fireworks on that first night of the party.

Yup thats why we will be skipping the fireworks and parade and just do rides and snacks!. We have a theme park view and can see/hear the new show 3 other nights our trip :D

I find pricing and date trends for these things interesting. The price increases continue pretty much unabated I guess.

$99 - 6 nights
$109 - 9 nights
$115 - 5 nights
$129 - 1 night
$139 - 2 nights

That’s a weighted average price of $111, or an 8.5% increase over last year. When comparing the five pricing tiers, those increases are 4.2%-12.2% ($4-$14) depending on the date.

Not that the AP/DVC discount is that earth shattering with the parties anyway, but there are a lot more AP/DVC discounted parties in 2019 than prior years. 21 in 2019, compared to 14 in 2018, 12 in 2017, 7 in 2016. At least that trend is up.

There are 23 total parties in 2019, compared to 22 in 2018, 21 in 2017 and 2016, 20 in 2015, 19 in 2014 and 2013.

Sorry, random thoughts/observations!

Thanks! Like this sort of info a lot!

Hey everyone

Wonder if you can help. We are going to Disney for two weeks. We are from the Uk and we have never been to this Xmas party before. We are late 20s / early 30s and don't really know to much about it apart from a few clips I seen on utube

Is this party more for people for young kids or our age too

It seems quite expensive, would you say it's worth the cost

Also how do they do tickets for this event, is it on your magic band ? And how do they know who's got a ticket and who doesn't if your already in the park, was just interested in how that works

Thanks in advance for any help shared

Hey everyone

Wonder if you can help. We are going to Disney for two weeks. We are from the Uk and we have never been to this Xmas party before. We are late 20s / early 30s and don't really know to much about it apart from a few clips I seen on utube

Is this party more for people for young kids or our age too

It seems quite expensive, would you say it's worth the cost

Also how do they do tickets for this event, is it on your magic band ? And how do they know who's got a ticket and who doesn't if your already in the park, was just interested in how that works

Thanks in advance for any help shared

If you love xmas and want to see the lights and shows or even have smaller lines for some rides its worth it. No its not just for kids. Me and my husband are doing this with no kids. The tickets are physical or on email I think u show them and they give you a wrist band. Once 7pm roles around whoever dosnt have the wristband cant get into rides and will be led out of the park.

$99 - 6 nights
$109 - 9 nights
$115 - 5 nights
$129 - 1 night
$139 - 2 nights

That’s a weighted average price of $111, or an 8.5% increase over last year. When comparing the five pricing tiers, those increases are 4.2%-12.2% ($4-$14) depending on the date.!

Wow! I had no idea that prices for the Christmas parties had become this expensive! At one time, my WDW vacations were always in early December and I went almost every year from the early 1980's until the mid-1990's. I can't remember when Disney started the Christmas parties but at that time they were only scheduled for the weekends in early December. I'm planning on going back this year around December 7 and was going to one the parties. The total price for the dates I'll be there is $116 per person. No way I'm paying that for a five hour event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter