Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

My wife is on a mobile phone and she cannot hit "SPACE" a number pad comes up and there is no space. Anyone get around this?
If I want to register her, do I just go back in and do it again changing all the information to her info??

I have yet to bring up the biggest problem of all...

I allied myself with "The Light Side" (because, really, I'm a good guy at heart), but all of my Star Wars-themed running outfits are for bad guys!

I've got a boss Darth Vader costume shirt, and a Boba Fett one with a hat, too. I was able to run as Boba Fett with his blaster, right before the "no blasters" rule, and I carried a red lightsaber for a full half marathon as Vader.

After dropping $860 for two Kessel Runs, how the Fett am I going to afford new good guy outfits???

I did my registration through a TA for this one so not in the fray today, but anticipating getting my registration link in a few weeks. I'm signed up for the Challenge. Is it just one option to select Light or Dark side for the challenge as a whole, or do you select an option for the 10K and one for the half? Wish I new what is impacted by the selection! Either way, I'm wearing one Light side outfit (Princess Leia) and one Dark side outfit (Darth Vader).

I did my registration through a TA for this one so not in the fray today, but anticipating getting my registration link in a few weeks. I'm signed up for the Challenge. Is it just one option to select Light or Dark side for the challenge as a whole, or do you select an option for the 10K and one for the half? Wish I new what is impacted by the selection! Either way, I'm wearing one Light side outfit (Princess Leia) and one Dark side outfit (Darth Vader).
It was just one option for the challenge.

Thanks @jaxonp so much for your help. Just got off the phone, registered for the Virtual. They are supposed to call me back to confirm!!!

Wait....now I have to start training!!!!!
:crutches::guilty::guilty::snail::snail::furious::furious::furious:

NOPE this is still not working for me. Just did the whole registration over in iE and still same issue with INVALID PHONE #. I can only type numbers in the input field and it says INVALID. It looks like this: +203 555 5502___

Sounds like you finally got it, but yeah you have to highlight it all and delete anything, all of the ______ in there then retype.

Basically, do not use autofill on the phone number.

I clicked through to the queue at 11:55am, then sat for 10+ minutes. It was smooth sailing - much better than my glitch-filled Marathon Weekend registration experience, but I still don't like this new system. :badpc:

Last edited:
So we were asked to choose a side.. Light or Dark. So what will that change for us??? Bibs will most likely be different.. will the shirts and medals be different?
My cold, dark Sith heart would looooove for it all to be different! But realistically? Probably just different bibs and a lot of hoopla.

Fairly new to runDisney, I've only done W&D half in 2016. For that race and year, it was the 'get online the moment registration opens or you don't stand a chance' situation. It sold out in a matter of hours, I believe. Do you anticipate the 2019 Start Wars weekend (specifically the half and the 10k) to be that cut throat of a registration process? Does registration still work with ActiveAdvantage (to reduce the registration fees)? I'm sure I'll be back with a ton more questions........IF we decide to do that one (we is me, and daughter 13, and son 11).
TIA runners!
Dark Side hasn't been a big sellout in the past, so it would be surprising if it went quickly this year, though not impossible. As someone else mentioned, registration is not through Active anymore.

Hopefully some can help with this. DH is in a remote area and couldn’t register. How does he claim the registrations I did for him? They show under my account and not his.

Thank you!

I finally finished all registrations for me at 12:55. Spent some time in the queue on my laptop, went upstairs to the desktop and got in there immediately, (even though I had been in the queue on the laptop for about 25 minutes), got to the Kessel Run + Rival Run Challenge page and had the phone number problem (thanks to @cavepig for getting me through that). Then I had to type everything in by hand, including cc number and POT web site that I had previously been ready to copy and paste on the laptop. I'll have to check to be sure I typed it in correctly when I look at my account later.

Then had to get back into the queue to get the 5K. Waited a few minutes, still on the desktop, and got the 5k easily, just with a separate post to my credit card.

Then texted DH that I was in, and he said he made the mistake of registering for Rival Run before Kessel Run and then couldn't get the Kessel Run without paying for Rival Run challenge again, as some of you also did. Thanks to @jaxonp for relating your experience of calling rD. He will be calling too!

Next week, I plan on registering my two kids for the 10K, while my wife and I want to register for the Kessel Run.

Do I understand correctly that we cannot do all this at one time? I would have to do the two 10K registrations and then get back into the queue to do the two Kessel registrations?

Next week, I plan on registering my two kids for the 10K, while my wife and I want to register for the Kessel Run.

Do I understand correctly that we cannot do all this at one time? I would have to do the two 10K registrations and then get back into the queue to do the two Kessel registrations?

Yes! Anything Kessel/Virtual is only one registration per order.

Any of the 'real' events, 5k, 10k, half, challenge you can do multiple people.

You will have 3 transactions.

The 2 10ks can be done together
Kessel one
Kessel two

Dumb question, but I'm new to this. Are any hotel stays or park tickets required to sign up? Sure hope the 10k or 5k arent sold out by Tuesday.

Dumb question, but I'm new to this. Are any hotel stays or park tickets required to sign up? Sure hope the 10k or 5k arent sold out by Tuesday.
No hotel/ticket requirements for registering for just the race/s. Only a small number of bibs are allotted for early registration, so even if a race does "sell out" between now and Tues., it's only that small early registration allotment. On Tues. the big pile of remaining bibs will be open to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter