OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

We booked july 5th-July 10th. We really wanted mid august before school starts we went last year and crowds were so manageable. I'm terrified to go in the middle of the summer. Also worried about flight prices around the holiday.

I’ve booked for two weeks starting June 28th so I want to make a few dining reservations.

But I’ve not been able to make dining past day 180 yet. I’ve tried logging in/out, different browsers, etc... but a I guess it’s not recognizing my stay yet.

Is anyone else who booked for the June dates having trouble making dining reservations?

I was able to apply the free dining to our dates 6/27 - 7/11 although we had to change hotels.

But just noticed this wording on the Special Offers page (not on my personal reservation) and am now concerned....we have a 10-day ticket so how is this even possible? The middle of our trip is at a dance competition so we were doing 5 park days before and 5 park days after.

"Theme park tickets valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within 9 days of check-in "

I thought you had 14 days to use the tickets before they expired?

I’ve booked for two weeks starting June 28th so I want to make a few dining reservations.

But I’ve not been able to make dining past day 180 yet. I’ve tried logging in/out, different browsers, etc... but a I guess it’s not recognizing my stay yet.

Is anyone else who booked for the June dates having trouble making dining reservations?
I think you can only book for the begining of June, its only Jan so I think you still have some time.

I got excited to see French Quarter wasn't excluded, but it looks like only their most expensive room category is available for the offer which is a bummer for us...too expensive to change our current reservation.

I was able to apply the free dining to our dates 6/27 - 7/11 although we had to change hotels.

But just noticed this wording on the Special Offers page (not on my personal reservation) and am now concerned....we have a 10-day ticket so how is this even possible? The middle of our trip is at a dance competition so we were doing 5 park days before and 5 park days after.

"Theme park tickets valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within 9 days of check-in "

If you’ve booked your free dining for two weeks with 10 day tickets, you have those 14 days to use your tickets.

Just checked again and it shows the 8th. I was paranoid because 1 usually not so late and 2 it had said draft. It now shows approved by school board and not draft.

Oh that's good!! I may take advantage and go that week since it will be our 2nd week of school. Was going to go the week before, but since they pushed up the start I don't want my son to miss the first week of school!

I think I answered my own question - thankfully! The Disney example was based on a six day ticket which expires after nine days. Ten day ticket is still 14 days! Yeah!!!!! Thought I was going to have to drop my free dining!

We have WL booked but now Boardwalk would be about $500 cheaper. Debating about making the change. Any pros/cons? We have a 4 year old and always do the park hopper and dining plan.

We booked july 5th-July 10th. We really wanted mid august before school starts we went last year and crowds were so manageable. I'm terrified to go in the middle of the summer. Also worried about flight prices around the holiday.

We usually go in the fall and made a quick trip over the summer before a dance competition.

I was terrified, but it ended up being very manageable. We actually were able to see Tinkerbell approximately 7 times in a row because there was no line in the middle of the day. I think you'll be surprised!

Truly! It almost seems like a joke. Either that, or someone at Disney left out the word “except” when they released it to the public. A total of 16 days, which INCLUDE the 4th of July? It’s weird.

I remember posts from last summer about how low the crowds were for 4th of July. So I’m not really surprised it’s included. And even with GE opening, Labor Day was quiet too. What does surprise me is them offering any discount that basically includes only 3 weeks. Crazy.

We have WL booked but now Boardwalk would be about $500 cheaper. Debating about making the change. Any pros/cons? We have a 4 year old and always do the park hopper and dining plan.
For me personally, the biggest pro to BWI is the location; you have the option of walking to two theme parks (or taking the boat to HS) which I strongly prefer over bus-only resorts. I just tweaked my August reservation to take advantage of free dining and upgraded to BWI!

For me personally, the biggest pro to BWI is the location; you have the option of walking to two theme parks (or taking the boat to HS) which I strongly prefer over bus-only resorts. I just tweaked my August reservation to take advantage of free dining and upgraded to BWI!
We liked the boat to MK. But a $500 difference in price does seem like a lot. Have you stayed there before and was happy?

Boardwalk is a nice walk to Epcot and options to HS. I would save the money and keep for souvoniers or even tip money that will be needed.

We liked the boat to MK. But a $500 difference in price does seem like a lot. Have you stayed there before and was happy?
I stayed there last summer and really loved it. I've also stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and would give the edge to BWI for location. Plus you have the option of walking over to the Yacht & Beach Club, as well as the Swan and Dolphin resorts - that really opens up dining options!

erent browsers up with 10 min left to go but my phone lets me through just fine with no other new offers.
I booked preferred at music as that was what we had decided based on prices before the offer dropped. Had a quick look after I booked and standard at Pop was only $90 more. So I booked it as well! Anyone have any advice on which I should keep? I’d like to cancel soon so that others can book.

(You probably already decided, but here's my two cents)

I had Music booked originally, crossing fingers the reno was started and finished by September... but I've literally been burned every time by that. I wound up in one of the last unreno'd rooms in Pop when they were finishing up, same thing for Movies. So I switched to Pop. The Gondola is there too, and I'm sure we're gonna wanna ride it at least once so it's worth it to have the peace of mind knowing we got that murphy bed (with 2 under 5 the murphy bed is so nice!)

I'm sure more dates will be added later. Those dates are pretty limited. I can't imagine they won't open more.

I hope you are right! We are booked at Pop for the first week of September but we really wanted November (I Know there's never FD for October.) But, I feel like they have been VERY stingy with the discounts lately. Unless I missed it they didn't even do Play Stay Dine for Winter 2020 right? That's what we used last January for our Trip (and wound up about even money wise with FD).

Unless I missed it they didn't even do Play Stay Dine for Winter 2020 right? That's what we used last January for our Trip (and wound up about even money wise with FD).
it was "Gift of Magic" which the booking window was supposed to end today and is now extended to 3/7; wonder what that might mean?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter