"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked the terrace dessert party for 8/18! Can't wait! Just kind of bummed that this charge is going through as lodging at Disneyland(?!). Was hoping it would either code as dining or amusement park so I could earn 3% cash back.

I’m thinking the fact that the party pass was not offered for MVMCP may mean it’s not coming back at all this year. Otherwise, why not release it now?
The pass was released at the time of the first party last year. I’m guessing Disney will assess party ticket sales and may or may not offer it again based on that. I’m sure they also consider keeping all that FL local discretionary money spent on Halloween activities, food, and merchandise in the Disney family.

I don’t think they like to advertise it now because it’s a bit of a turn off for people purchasing tickets ahead of time. People were soured on the fact that those with the passes could attend even sold out parties and make the crowd levels at non sold out parties unpredictable.

I think it will be announced the day of the first party like last year. And I think there will be a significant price increase. I predict it will go up from $299 to $399 this year.
Curious if we all think it sold so well for MNSSHP last year, why they didn’t offer it for MVMCP? Unless Christmas tends to draw larger crowds already and there’s no need to draw in further party-goers? I had just assumed it was nixed because of all the negative press the party pass got, blaming it for the over crowding last year? (Though, admittedly, as a lover of all things Halloween and one who tends to do multiple MNSSHP each year, I’ve never ONCE done multiple MVMCPs, so maybe I just answered my own question...LOL)

Curious if we all think it sold so well for MNSSHP last year, why they didn’t offer it for MVMCP? Unless Christmas tends to draw larger crowds already and there’s no need to draw in further party-goers? I had just assumed it was nixed because of all the negative press the party pass got, blaming it for the over crowding last year? (Though, admittedly, as a lover of all things Halloween and one who tends to do multiple MNSSHP each year, I’ve never ONCE done multiple MVMCPs, so maybe I just answered my own question...LOL)
I heard the pass was in response to a Halloween pass offered at universal. Halloween is a huge thing. The Christmas party not so much. I will jump on the pass if it is offered. Disney will get a lot of my money that they otherwise would not get. I’ll have dinner in a a Disney restaurant the nights I go. Probably book at least one desert party. Merchandise purchases....

Haha, yeah, I think maybe you did answer your own question.

Halloween just seems so much more fun then the Christmas party. Dressing up, trick or treating, better parade, the Sanderson sisters, lol, etc....Many people do multiple parties just to get everything done. You never hear people doing that for the Christmas party. Plus you can see the Christmas parade and fireworks over Christmas week during regular park hours.

There are also many more Halloween parties in comparison to the Christmas parties. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it or not though.

Following along, I'm hoping for party dates before and after my Halloween on the high seas cruise.

For those of you going for the first time I'd strongly discourage you from attending the first night. That party is a sell out and bloggers get priority for show seating, parade seating, and use fast pass lane for rides. It can be very upsetting to watch a blogger and their entourage sail by as you stand in a barely moving line.
We’re going Aug 9 - 14. The first party is the only one we’re in town for - I was excited to see it would be during our trip ... but based on this ... maybe it’s not worth it ☹️

We’re going Aug 9 - 14. The first party is the only one we’re in town for - I was excited to see it would be during our trip ... but based on this ... maybe it’s not worth it ☹

The “first night” of any Disney major party event sometimes draws the ire of guests. You get the blogger crowd and everyone trying to get their photos/videos/blogs trying to cover every party detail. You get the rush trying to get merchandise. Plus sometimes it seems Disney just forgets how to throw a MNSSHP - crowd management issues, improperly trained/prep’d CMs, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, thousands of people go and have a GREAT time. The above are just some of the things that tend to get mentioned every year after the first party.

Halloween just seems so much more fun then the Christmas party. Dressing up, trick or treating, better parade, the Sanderson sisters, lol, etc....Many people do multiple parties just to get everything done. You never hear people doing that for the Christmas party. Plus you can see the Christmas parade and fireworks over Christmas week during regular park hours.

I have never been to the Christmas party. Does it have ride overlays? Does it have characters who are not normally in the parks? I wonder if there are more party-exclusive things at Halloween than at Christmas, which could explain why people would go to more than one Halloween party per year but only one Christmas party per year.

I have never been to the Christmas party. Does it have ride overlays? Does it have characters who are not normally in the parks? I wonder if there are more party-exclusive things at Halloween than at Christmas, which could explain why people would go to more than one Halloween party per year but only one Christmas party per year.
Yes there are ride overlays, space mountain, indy speedway, tea cups, jingle cruise(you can do that during regular hours though) there are rare characters, parade, fireworks, shows at the castle and in tomorrowland, plus the specialty cookies, pretzel and drinks included with party ticket

I’ve never been either. It just holds no appeal for me. But I’m not a cookie person. And now I’m wondering.....are the cookies prepackaged or do they give them out on a napkin? It seems easier and more convenient to take your Halloween candy to go.

I’ve never been either. It just holds no appeal for me. But I’m not a cookie person. And now I’m wondering.....are the cookies prepackaged or do they give them out on a napkin? It seems easier and more convenient to take your Halloween candy to go.
pre packaged. the pretzel is given on a napkin

I heard that you are more likely to get the flu and be sicker from that then coronavirus.

Was that from a disney bus driver? Lol JK. Unfortunately, there is surely lots of conflicting statements out there re the virus.

It all depends if you are listening to a person qualified to make that statement = as in a WHO or CDCofficial/Dr...who has a spent large portion of their life studying & (literally) working in the field of infectious diseases

Or, a politico

Anyway, bought the first night (opening, 8/13) we needed yesterday. Happy they are offering it early enough so I can again take GD before school starts

The “first night” of any Disney major party event sometimes draws the ire of guests. You get the blogger crowd and everyone trying to get their photos/videos/blogs trying to cover every party detail. You get the rush trying to get merchandise. Plus sometimes it seems Disney just forgets how to throw a MNSSHP - crowd management issues, improperly trained/prep’d CMs, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, thousands of people go and have a GREAT time. The above are just some of the things that tend to get mentioned every year after the first party.

Did the first night in ‘18. When i heard it was a sell-out, booked the TT dessert party.

Can’t say I noticed any bloggers, I’m sure they had to be there. I was on my phone posting here lol but don’t call myself a pro by any means, just trying to share my experience

Other than the oogie boogie popcorn bucket long wait, really had no issues with purchasing merchandise but there really wasn’t much I found appealing in general lately.

I do think you need to go in armed with a plan but have to be prepared to be totally flexible. Was surprised to find one of our party dates last year ridiculously over crowded, on a Tuesday, 10/1.

It was predicted to be a lower crowd night. We go that same time frame every year. It was the biggest crowd we’ve ever seen & that included when they gave race participants free tix.

we wound up leaving right after the fireworks...first time ever that happened. Many I spoke to were locals or guests on vacation who had purchased the all access tix. In my mind it over-inflated the crowds to a degree WDW didn’t anticipate

We wound up lining up for the parade in frontier land nearly an hour early as I noticed the crowds were building earlier than usual. Quite an aggressive, pushy crowd formed behind us. The type that drift in ala horde 20 minutes before parade starts. Used their huge strollers to try to shove their way forward, stating their children couldn’t see. CMs did have to intervene when they made the mistake of bumping a man in the area one time too many. That ugly really put a damper on the night for me.

hope they don’t offer the all access tix again.

I was actually thinking the opposite...that more people might hold off on buying tickets until last minute because of Coronavirus fears and how it could impact travel plans over the next few months.
I completely agree. I have a trip coming up in May and I am intently watching everything about the coronavirus right now. Don't panic, just be aware of what's going on. I updated my travel insurance and have only made loose plans for "extras" as of now and I'm not buying our usual HEA dessert party tickets yet.

We usually go again in the Fall and I don't normally buy MNSSHP tickets until the summer anyway, but I will be watching to see the progression of the virus and if/how it would affect our Fall trip.

I heard that you are more likely to get the flu and be sicker from that then coronavirus.
Right, except that the coronavirus is an unknown right now. The flu is a known, with vaccines, antiviral treatments proven to help. There is no coronavirus vaccine yet and probably won't be for months, if not a year, there are no known antiviral treatments, they don't even know how long the virus can live on surfaces (one estimate could be 9 days), how quickly and the methods of transmission, the actual incubation period, and they don't know what could kill it on surfaces yet. There's a lot of uncertainty and it's wise to err on the side of caution, just like you would for any other virus/disease.

In 2018 and 2019 there was an outbreak of Hepatitis A in the Orlando area, with two employees testing positive in Disney restaurants. You can absolutely bet that people changed their dining plans to avoid those restaurants where the virus was. I don't think it's foolish to be aware and keep an eye on things and avoid areas where an outbreak of any disease or illness is.

Many I spoke to were locals or guests on vacation who had purchased the all access tix. In my mind it over-inflated the crowds to a degree WDW didn’t anticipate
hope they don’t offer the all access tix again.
Keisha, I agree. I said last year that the party pass was a fantastic deal for the people who did it, but I do feel that it made the crowds larger and unpredictable. Our second party was sold out and very crowded, but we are pretty flexible in general. What was the advice last year??? Be prepared to zig when others zag!
I also hope they don't offer it this year.

Are the fireworks usually towards the end of the night? (i.e. - around 11:45pm) or are they usually in the middle of the party?

I must have missed the post about hours. Is the party from 4pm-1am? or 4pm-12:30am?

Thanks!

I must have missed the post about hours. Is the party from 4pm-1am? or 4pm-12:30am?

Thanks!

7pm-12am is the party

MNSSHP tickets allow park entry starting at 4pm (2pm for DVC Blue Card holders, assuming they offer that benefit again this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter