"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

I'm going to wait until December 2021. By then TRON and GotG rides will be open AND it will be the 50th Anniversary of MK.
This would probably be the best way to go, but having had to reschedule this year's trip already to November, I don't really want to wait an entire other year and a half unless the offerings are limited.

What's everyone's certainty at this point that they will even be proceeding with the Christmas Party this year? If they cancel parades and fireworks you can essentially cancel the party at that point. What's everyone's take, seriously?

There is still A LOT of time between now and the start of the Christmas festivities. No one can speak with the certainty you are looking for.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I have faith in ALL of the Orlando parks. These special events may look different than we have seen them in the past, but i am sure there will be great efforts made to make them special. We plan to attend MVMCP on our December trip, parade or no parade (fireworks or no fireworks). Considering things are already starting to open back up in Florida (and its only mid May), I have hope that the park experience will be vastly improved by December.

I also have tickets to MNSSHP for mid October and am not worried. Honestly, "worrying" at this point is a useless waste of emotion anyway. We will take it as it comes and be happy with the best product they can offer under the circumstances. I'm just hoping the biggest change we see is less attendance. Our MNSSHP last year was so crowded we left early.....it sucked the enjoyment from the entire event. I'd rather have less people and no parade or fireworks ANY day.

If border between US and Canada opens and no quarantine after travel is required, I would go even if less festivities are offered. Experiencing the first Christmas at WDW after COVID-19 can be memorable! Just hope I can still take pictures with the characters within a closer distance since I have already purchased memory maker for the trip.

If border between US and Canada opens and no quarantine after travel is required, I would go even if less festivities are offered. Experiencing the first Christmas at WDW after COVID-19 can be memorable! Just hope I can still take pictures with the characters within a closer distance since I have already purchased memory maker for the trip.

This will be the big question mark at that time!

There is no way we can know at this point, today, what will be happening and what will not.

But i can tell you this much - it will be more than what has been happening in my house for the past almost 3 months.

Every day brings more information, and with more information there is more clarity to how this is going to play out.

Even if we just walk into the park, ride some rides and do some shopping - guess what? It's worth it.
The treats were individually wrapped last year when we went to the party.

They will likely reduce capacity even further - fine with me.

Whatever is going to happen, if they are open I'm sure they will create a great experience for us and it will be worth it because compared to what we have been doing, it will be amazing.

There is no way we can know at this point, today, what will be happening and what will not.

But i can tell you this much - it will be more than what has been happening in my house for the past almost 3 months.

Every day brings more information, and with more information there is more clarity to how this is going to play out.

Even if we just walk into the park, ride some rides and do some shopping - guess what? It's worth it.
The treats were individually wrapped last year when we went to the party.

They will likely reduce capacity even further - fine with me.

Whatever is going to happen, if they are open I'm sure they will create a great experience for us and it will be worth it because compared to what we have been doing, it will be amazing.

Have you seen some of these threads, not sure if there's more clarity lol.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how these parties go. I could see them doing it as the park is usually (slightly) less crowded than a normal day. I could see them limiting tickets this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if more dates sell out

Have you seen some of these threads, not sure if there's more clarity lol.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how these parties go. I could see them doing it as the park is usually (slightly) less crowded than a normal day. I could see them limiting tickets this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if more dates sell out

I was speaking from a medical research standpoint.

Every day brings more data and more data brings more information so that the people who are studying this can provide better clarity to how the actual virus will play out.

Hey all. not sure if this is the right forum or not. has anybody heard about when Christmas party tickets will be released? we are coming up on 180 days to check in and need to know what days the party is so we can plan are park days (and hence our adr's) around. thanks for any insights!

Hey all. not sure if this is the right forum or not. has anybody heard about when Christmas party tickets will be released? we are coming up on 180 days to check in and need to know what days the party is so we can plan are park days (and hence our adr's) around. thanks for any insights!

The party dates are in the first post in this thread, so you can plan your days.

Tickets are not on sale yet.

UPDATE: The plan was approved by Orange County officials. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis must also approve Disney's plan.

Disney World’s Proposed Reopening Date Announced!

Disney World has stated it plans to reopen in phases.

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen on July 11.
Epcot and Hollywood Studios will reopen July 15.

It stills need to be voted upon by the Task Force and signed off by Mayor Jerry Demings and Governor Ron DeSantis.

Last edited:
With no parades, meet and greets or fireworks, I wonder what this means for MVMCP.... it’s still a ways off, but I cant imagine they’ll commit to it at this point?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter