Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Sounds like excellent advice, except… well, I kinda like to eat candy, specially Halloween candy that was just given to me, and my kids are the same.
We did the party in 2019 and we were lucky we had any left when we got to the hotel. (Full disclosure: it still lasted us for five more days at the parks it was so much)

Definitely stop at a short line early to get some to snack on during the party, then!

Five days?!

We bought tickets today. At 8:30 this morning, the sign on the way in said sold out. We checked at 4, still sold out. At 6:30 it said “see city hall for event/ticket info”. We visited city hall and were able to purchase tickets.

I think these reports indicate they haven’t just added hordes on the Sold Out dates.

We went last night. Definitely more people than a normal after hours event but less than a Halloween party. With cavalcades and candy trails it spread crowds out enough to keep wait times down. They didn't let people in until 6:57. .large crowd waiting to be let in. We went straight to Tomorrowland did monsters laugh floor 15 min wait, then people mover. Tried to head towards Splash to see fireworks away from crowds. Walked on haunted mansion, then watched fireworks near splash. Was checked for wristbands to enter Adventureland. Walked on pirates at 9:10. Went on jungle cruise with 10 min wait since we saw a line at snack stand and it wasn't going to open for 5 min Got snacks after we got off ride. Did 3 treat trails, watched 3 cavalcades and cadaver Dan's. Walked on Pooh, 15 min wait for mine train listed as 25. Did more treat trails. Walked on small world, 10 min wait for Peter pan, more snacks, walked on ariel. 2 more treat trails, and ended night with buzz. Had a great time, but needed to be an hour longer.

Totals for 4 people--
  • 9 treat trail visits. (Monsters laugh floor had 2 stops, rest we visited just had 1)
  • 56-61 pieces of candy each.
  • 5 ice cream sandwiches
  • 2 Mickey bars
  • 2 popcorn
  • 9 water bottles
  • 1 coke
  • 11 attractions (since 7pm)
  • 3 cavalcades plus cadaver Dan's
  • Saw chip, dale, pirate goofy, Tigger, Pooh, Pinocchio characters while walking around

Ride lines aren’t bad, but the lines at carts to get water soda etc are ridiculous. They need to have at least double the number of stations.
And i can’t find the locations of them on the map, but I suppose it’s dark and I’m moving and that’s why I can’t find it.

yes! This was my biggest complaint. One of the ones we went and waited in the long line and they were out of water…

Thanks for the advice!
I would personally recommend Frontierland near Splash. You can see them pretty well from there, but they're far enough away that they're not as loud. We've also been able to see them pretty well over near Tomorrowland Speedway, but the view was not as clear.

Are you allowed in the park early, like before with Not so scary? I believe you could come in at 4:30 with mnssp.

Just an FYI, the only day still available is Sunday, September 12. We’re at YC September 9-16 & have tickets to the AH on the 14th. I was just able to rebook part of the week with the 25% discount. So I may have used the savings to book a 2nd Boo Bash night on the 12th. :rolleyes1 We are concerned about traveling, even tho we’re both vaccinated. But we also have a reservation for the AP preview of Remy. So we’re going at this point. Our strategy will be trying to avoid crowds, hang at the resort if we don’t feel comfortable. I’d much rather do 2 After Hours events than deal with the daytime heat & crowds. Between both nights, we should be able to take our time with everything & avoid rope drop buses & crowds.

We drove, but opted for preferred parking because of the no tram situation and tired kiddo with sore feet at 1am. We were parked in the front row just across the street from TTC. Waited for one ferryboat. Leaving, the crowd was following eachother to the busses and no one (literally) went to the ferryboats. At 12:40am there were maaaaaybe 100 people on our boat heading back. It was great.
For some reason I thought Disney had readied the tram fleet and was starting that back up. Someone posted images of them moving the trams about.

Apparently they still don't have the staffing or income to warrant it.

7pm no matter what date. Just did it on Tuesday. They didn't let anyone in earlier than 6:57...big mass of people waiting to go in....

Are you allowed in the park early, like before with Not so scary? I believe you could come in at 4:30 with mnssp.
Your thread has been merged with the Official Boo Bash thread. Please read post 1 for lots of great information including helpful answers to your question.

We went last night. Definitely more people than a normal after hours event but less than a Halloween party. With cavalcades and candy trails it spread crowds out enough to keep wait times down. They didn't let people in until 6:57. .large crowd waiting to be let in. We went straight to Tomorrowland did monsters laugh floor 15 min wait, then people mover. Tried to head towards Splash to see fireworks away from crowds. Walked on haunted mansion, then watched fireworks near splash. Was checked for wristbands to enter Adventureland. Walked on pirates at 9:10. Went on jungle cruise with 10 min wait since we saw a line at snack stand and it wasn't going to open for 5 min Got snacks after we got off ride. Did 3 treat trails, watched 3 cavalcades and cadaver Dan's. Walked on Pooh, 15 min wait for mine train listed as 25. Did more treat trails. Walked on small world, 10 min wait for Peter pan, more snacks, walked on ariel. 2 more treat trails, and ended night with buzz. Had a great time, but needed to be an hour longer.

Totals for 4 people--
  • 9 treat trail visits. (Monsters laugh floor had 2 stops, rest we visited just had 1)
  • 56-61 pieces of candy each.
  • 5 ice cream sandwiches
  • 2 Mickey bars
  • 2 popcorn
  • 9 water bottles
  • 1 coke
  • 11 attractions (since 7pm)
  • 3 cavalcades plus cadaver Dan's
  • Saw chip, dale, pirate goofy, Tigger, Pooh, Pinocchio characters while walking around
THANK YOU!!! THIS IS JUST WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW! Thanks so much for listing exactly what you accomplished, it gives me a much more concrete idea of what to expect and plan for!

Photo ops

1. In front of HOP, headless horsemen. Not a long lind. We did this both nights
2. In front of haunted mansion, some photo with an old lantern. Not sure what it is because the line was always too long
3. Across the road from diamond horse saloon, hitch hiking ghost. Not a long line early in the night
4. Near the castle walls by Pinocchio’s food place, a maleficent dragon photo. We didn’t get it since we already had this one from the villains party I didn’t notice the line
5. Main Street I think there were 4, maybe it was 3. One in front of the statues near the castle - it was always mobbed. I’m not sure how long I waited, but I saw 3 cavalcades while waiting the first night. It was a spell book
Then we waited at closing for the photo op by the flag pole and pumpkins…it was the spell book again. The other two were located between the flag pole and castle, mobbed late at night, and I don’t know what they were
6. Not Halloween, but the lantern photo by rapunzel bathroom. It was short when we got there, just 3 groups, but very long when we finished

I didn’t see any other photographers

there were some ghost projections on the castle, some spider and webs on the rocks at Tomorrowland entrance, and miscellaneous Halloween projections on the ground in Tomorrowland. Dj in tomorrowland

daughter noticed they were playingmusic in fantasyland. Not sure if this is normal…songs like mine from Pocahontas, les poisson, zero to hero I think.

Photo ops

1. In front of HOP, headless horsemen. Not a long lind. We did this both nights
2. In front of haunted mansion, some photo with an old lantern. Not sure what it is because the line was always too long
3. Across the road from diamond horse saloon, hitch hiking ghost. Not a long line early in the night
4. Near the castle walls by Pinocchio’s food place, a maleficent dragon photo. We didn’t get it since we already had this one from the villains party I didn’t notice the line
5. Main Street I think there were 4, maybe it was 3. One in front of the statues near the castle - it was always mobbed. I’m not sure how long I waited, but I saw 3 cavalcades while waiting the first night. It was a spell book
Then we waited at closing for the photo op by the flag pole and pumpkins…it was the spell book again. The other two were located between the flag pole and castle, mobbed late at night, and I don’t know what they were
6. Not Halloween, but the lantern photo by rapunzel bathroom. It was short when we got there, just 3 groups, but very long when we finished

I didn’t see any other photographers

there were some ghost projections on the castle, some spider and webs on the rocks at Tomorrowland entrance, and miscellaneous Halloween projections on the ground in Tomorrowland. Dj in tomorrowland

daughter noticed they were playingmusic in fantasyland. Not sure if this is normal…songs like mine from Pocahontas, les poisson, zero to hero I think.

Thank you for posting this.

Do they play "Boo to You" during the Boo Bash? Do the Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancers make an appearance? Two of our favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter