• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Tonight was a pretty awful experience. Almost passed by the line off main street but asked some people what they were waiting for and we are hearing they are offering the 1 day park pass (only valid for 1 year), or another Boo Bash night or a full refund. The line has grown substantially since I got in it a half an hour ago. (I'm not sure how to rotate the picture)
20210825_004143.jpg

That line was nuts. Some of you are gonna be there all night! We managed to have an ok night once they got past the confusion of the first half hour or so. The only thing we really missed was the cavlecades…we rode lots of rides with short wait times, trick or treated, got plenty of free ice cream. But I get the frustration. Lots of money for half an experience. Good luck to everyone waiting in line!

Took me about an hour to get through (just done a few minutes ago) and I was not that far back. The line was still a little down main street when I left. They asked me right away if I was interested in the park pass for another day or a refund.

We were there too. it was definitely disappointing. We gave up much earlier being drenched and tired but I wish we could still get the free pass or even free tickets to Fridays Boo Bash. We are supposed to be at universal by then but it closes early so maybe I could have sold my family on going again. There is no way they would have waited in the guest services line though. Sounds like it got way worse but it was pretty bad even when we left. I can’t believe how bad the flooding was. We never have luck with the Halloween stuff. Our first MNSSHP was a wash out too and our second we bought tickets and they were cancelled because it was oversold. Oh well. Maybe somebody we will have a better experience. Definitely a bummer of a night though.

We were there too. it was definitely disappointing. We gave up much earlier being drenched and tired but I wish we could still get the free pass or even free tickets to Fridays Boo Bash. We are supposed to be at universal by then but it closes early so maybe I could have sold my family on going again. There is no way they would have waited in the guest services line though. Sounds like it got way worse but it was pretty bad even when we left. I can’t believe how bad the flooding was. We never have luck with the Halloween stuff. Our first MNSSHP was a wash out too and our second we bought tickets and they were cancelled because it was oversold. Oh well. Maybe somebody we will have a better experience. Definitely a bummer of a night though.
Same here, this is the third “Halloween party” we’ve done and it’s rained every time. We never learn, lol!
We ended up having a good time but this is the first trip where we didn’t have all our kids with us and I think that contributed to us feeling less frustrated with the weather. There were HUGE areas of flooding! Like water almost up to my knee!
I definitely didn’t feel like it was worth the money. I did email guest services because I was too exhausted and wet to want to stay there any longer. I have had good luck emailing in the past with other disappointing parties.

Overall, I think the fact that there were already limited party options to start with and with the weather what they did have was largely unavailable tonight and that made the situation that much more disappointing.

We did wait in the line for an hour. We were offered a free park ticket (not hopper) or another boo bash and we asked for a refund. We can verify that they were giving on the spot refunds in the form of a gift card as an option or they would refund to your credit card. this was the line when we left at 1:15 am. Some people were leaving because they were afraid of being stranded but guest services was assuring people that they would continue to run transportation until everyone was taken care of. Many, many people had zero idea they could get a ticket or refund etc. On the bus leaving I asked a guy if he got a refund and he said what?! And ran off the bus. This will be the boo bash that goes down as the worst I bet, no candy at stations until late, many inside rides down, insane flooding preventing access to rides, and I really really hope someone posts a video of “the rainy day cavalcade” bc it was sad beyond words (like awkward to witness).
Edited: because it’s late and I am tired and lots of misspelling

Attachments

• 18064AEB-D1AE-4171-B670-755FE8969692.jpeg
    18064AEB-D1AE-4171-B670-755FE8969692.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 111

Same here, this is the third “Halloween party” we’ve done and it’s rained every time. We never learn, lol!
We ended up having a good time but this is the first trip where we didn’t have all our kids with us and I think that contributed to us feeling less frustrated with the weather. There were HUGE areas of flooding! Like water almost up to my knee!
I definitely didn’t feel like it was worth the money. I did email guest services because I was too exhausted and wet to want to stay there any longer. I have had good luck emailing in the past with other disappointing parties.

Overall, I think the fact that there were already limited party options to start with and with the weather what they did have was largely unavailable tonight and that made the situation that much more disappointing.
Can you give me the email you use for guest services please? I bailed on the line too. Thank you .

Go see Guest services at DS, or call/email. Don't give up!! I think they will still help you out.

Would our resort be able to take care of it? The line at Guest Service was insane and our kids wouldn’t have had the patience for that. I mean…we made the best of the night but we obviously only got half an experience that we only powered through because we paid so much.

Unrelated but related with respect to CS here. We went on TT yesterday right at RD and the car arrived making a TERRIBLE loud noise. The CM flicked a switch and it went off. For like 20 seconds. Long enough for it to be too late to get off. The whole experience was a loud buzzing noise and our cars didn’t even display on the screen. When we got off I told the CM what happened and that the car should be taken out of service. The only thing she offered me (in a less than pleasant manner) was another ride right then and there which we couldn’t do. I wouldve hoped for a FP for any attraction or something. i spoke with GS outside of MouseGear and she gave me one for TT only. And gave me the ”we normally don’t do this speech”. She was nice but in the past they would’ve apologized and handed out FP’s no questions asked.

I'm seriously debating asking for a refund for halloween night, surely they can resell the tickets... Watching the live streams really hasn't inspired a lot of confidence that this experience is worth the cost of admission. Especially considering the extra hours added which are already included....

Last edited:
So my friends were at Boo Bash last night and they waited in line for an hour. Were offered the free one day ticket, another boo bash night or the refund. They took another Boo Bash night.

If they would make the newly available tickets purchaseable online, I'd book a 2 day trip to attend. Very frustrating to know there are likely available tickets....

We Were at a MNSSHP several years where there were horrible thunder storms with rides stopping and extreme flooding as people were leaving the parks in droves they were handing out postal size cards that were one day park passes good for a year. We didn’t have to stand in a long line at Guest services.

Has anyone had luck changing the date of their boo bash ticket? I was told today by a CM on the phone I would need to buy a new ticket and request a separate refund for the old ticket. I’m not looking forward to maybe being out the cost of two events.
I’m looking to move to Sept 12, so there is availability.

We were at Boo Bash last night and there were bad thunderstorms most of the night. It literally stopped raining at 12:30 am just as the party ended. Early in the party only the indoor rides were open, there were no calvacades, and many characters were not out. We got in line for HM before 9:30 and it was a walk on - but after that lines were longer for a bit because not a lot was open - we waited in a long line for ice cream, waited over 30 mins for Peter Pan, and the trick or treat lines were long. By this time is was 11 and things opened up a bit - the rain was steady but lighter and no more lightening/thunder. Space Mtn was a walk on and then we got some great photos with only 1 or 2 groups in front of us in line. All rides were now open and everything was a walk on except PP and 7DMT (also more characters were out). We rode Splash but got stuck on the ride for about 10 mins and then had time to squeeze in one last ride on BTRRM (we were the only ones of the ride, which was fun). There was one tiny rainy day calvacade - the fab five on a double decker truck. Overall it was pretty disappointing - especially for my daughter, as this was her birthday celebration, but we made the best of it. After the bash - we waited in line at guest services until 2:15am - they had automatically given everyone a one day park pass (good for one year), but if you wanted any other compensation, you needed to wait in line. We got a full refund - I had used a GC so they gave me a new gift card with the refunded amount. They noted that there are sometimes issues with refunds if you used a TA, but ours went through fine and we used a TA. One highlight was that at 2:15 am there was not a soul in the park and we got some nice photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter