• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

So no dates are sold out. What's the chances of them dropping the prices due to that? I wanna go in December but man they are expensive this year

So no dates are sold out. What's the chances of them dropping the prices due to that? I wanna go in December but man they are expensive this year

So I just checked and the prices have actually dropped since they first announced them. $10 each for the days we bought. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda pissed. Can we get a refund?

ETA: Calling now. We bought eight tickets...that's $80.
ETA2: Well bummer...so I guess on the app it's auto calculating in my AP discount (even though it doesn't say that). But hey if you were smarter than me and bought your AP first, looks like it's easy to get the discount!

Last edited:
We just purchased our Very Merry Tickets. My plan was to not do anything in the parks that day and then go the event in the evening. Forgive my ignorance, but I only need to Very Merry Ticket, correct? I do not need to have a separate park ticket for that day, right? We are there for six days, with a 5 day park hopper, so I want to ensure I reserve my parks accordingly. Thank you!

We just purchased our Very Merry Tickets. My plan was to not do anything in the parks that day and then go the event in the evening. Forgive my ignorance, but I only need to Very Merry Ticket, correct? I do not need to have a separate park ticket for that day, right? We are there for six days, with a 5 day park hopper, so I want to ensure I reserve my parks accordingly. Thank you!
That is correct.

Correct - exactly what we are doing. With the sticker shock of the ticket prices, I guess I convinced myself that it wasn't as bad because we were saving by not having to purchase park tickets for that day/night since the party was going to be the only thing we had scheduled for that particular day. :confused3

Same here... we bought our tickets for 12/21 ($$$$). We bought tickets for one less park day since we'll just go to the party that day, we plan to take the kids to Gatorland that day instead, haven't been there in years.

Same as others mentioned. My plane lands at 11am and I plan to go to Disney springs and then have my party ticket that night!

Thank you! We are really excited, as we have never done a party before. It is going to be crazy crowded while we are there, so I hope this gives a little respite.

I just bought my ticket. It's for my arrival day. I love parties (just did a Boo Bash) and decided to add this party.

Instead of going to Disney Springs on my arrival evening, I'll be going to the Magic Kingdom. Or maybe I should add a night (probably have to do a different resort though) and go to Disney Springs during the day and do the party that evening. Such a fun thing to contemplate.

I know I said I wasn't going to go to the party, but DH's friend, who's going with us, is very insistent on going and will be paying for our tickets (even though I will feel bad). We've been debating on just outright cancelling the trip for various reasons, but with having flights already booked, it being the 50th, and having never been during Christmas time, we'll still go. Since I'm planning on this being my last trip to a US park for a long while as I'd like to travel internationally more (Tokyo Disney Resort really is the best!) if things get better we might as well go and have a good time! Like others, we'll go one less day to the parks. The plan is to tour the resorts to see all the fun decorations, hopefully hit up Trader Sam's, and then go to the party.

Would it be more of an enticement if Disney walked back the time you could enter the park? Say, 4:00, along with the free food benefit during the entire time you're there?

Quick question for veteran party-goers...I am trying to plan our other park days and wondering how much we should expect to get on rides during the party. We are just trying to decide which other days we will need to plan for MK, depending on what we are able to do in the park during the party. Thank you!

Same here... we bought our tickets for 12/21 ($$$$). We bought tickets for one less park day since we'll just go to the party that day, we plan to take the kids to Gatorland that day instead, haven't been there in years.

We also bought for the 21st, and cut a day off our trip. Will head home one day sooner, to offset the cost of the party tickets. Hoping we can get more done during the party at MK than the typical crowded day that week.

So, one day less on the park ticket, on less night resort fee & one less day of meals - we come out ahead.

Quick question for veteran party-goers...I am trying to plan our other park days and wondering how much we should expect to get on rides during the party. We are just trying to decide which other days we will need to plan for MK, depending on what we are able to do in the park during the party. Thank you!

I don't know the answer to this - haven't been to a party in years. But, I went over to the Boo Bash thread and read reports on how much people were able to accomplish there. For the most part, it looked encouraging.

I don't know the answer to this - haven't been to a party in years. But, I went over to the Boo Bash thread and read reports on how much people were able to accomplish there. For the most part, it looked encouraging.

I've never been to an After Hours party either - but when you read about Boo, they had many nights that were sold out right? And none of the Merriest nights are sold out, or at least none were last I heard.

Im HOPING that its almost a walk on for every ride!!

🤞 pixiedust:

I've never been to an After Hours party either - but when you read about Boo, they had many nights that were sold out right? And none of the Merriest nights are sold out, or at least none were last I heard.

Im HOPING that its almost a walk on for every ride!!

🤞 pixiedust:

I looked out of curiosity - so far, nope. . .none are sold out. So I'm with you!! Hoping it stays that way and we walk on to everything. :love: 🎅 :cheer2: :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter