Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

That is a pass that allows you to bypass the regular line and go to the Express line to the haunted houses. The Express lines are shorter. They can usually be bought in advance or at the parks on the night of the the HHN events. The weekends are pretty busy and the sometimes the Express passes sell out.

The prices can fluctuate. In past I have seen them from $ 99.00 to 159.00.

I’am sure there are some folks on here who can share the price they paid for one nights Express last year.

Last edited:
I have looked around universal website and cannot find anything about an express pass for HHN. Can someone explain what exactly this is? Where can I find it? Ballpark cost per person? Thank you in advance!!!

A little more back story on the passes.

HHN is a separate ticketed event so you need a ticket for the night or nights you are going to attend.

Your Unlimited Express pass for the parks which is included in your stay at PBH, RPR and HRH is different then HHN Express and does not work at HHN.

In addition to your HHN event ticket they have Express pass tickets for HHN. This is at an extra cost and when purchased will allow you to use the Express lanes for the houses which are shorter.

The Express pass can and will sell out at times on the weekends. The regular lines are very long on busy nights and the Express Pass is worth it’s weight in gold.

You might have read in some posts that people are waiting to see if the combined ticket and Express pass passes will be available this year. There were different levels of those passes they covered either a select number of days during the event or the entire event.

You can purchase these special passes with or without Express included also.

Rush of Fear Pass for example $ 139.99 or Rush of a Fear with Express 329.00. These are not exact numbers just trying to give you a ballpark idea.

For example the Rush of Fear Pass with Express covers your ticket and Express pass for the first couple of weeks of HHN. Universal lists the dates covered for each of these special passes. So for one cost your admission ticket was covered and Express for the nights listed under the dates for the Rush of Fear Pass.

There were 2 other passes Frequent Fear and I think the other was Ultimate Fear. Those passes went up in price as they covered more days.

The Ultimate Fear Pass with Express was the most expensive and included admission to HHN plus Express during the entire event and did not have blackout days.

These passes are very cost effective for folks who live local and are going to attend the event numerous times and those who are on longer vacations to Universal and want to attend HHN multiple days while there.

We will see what Universal has for passes this year.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
A little more back story on the passes.

HHN is a separate ticketed event so you need a ticket for the night or nights you are going to attend.

Your Unlimited Express pass for the parks which is included in your stay at PBH, RPR and HRH is different then HHN Express and does not work at HHN.

In addition to your HHN event ticket they have Express pass tickets for HHN. This is at an extra cost and when purchased will allow you to use the Express lanes for the houses which are shorter.

The Express pass can and will sell out at times on the weekends. The regular lines are very long on busy nights and the Express Pass is worth it’s weight in gold.

You might have read in some posts that people are waiting to see if the combined ticket and Express pass passes will be available this year. There were different levels of those passes they covered either a select number of days during the event or the entire event.

You can purchase these special passes with or without Express included also.

Rush of Fear Pass for example $ 139.99 or Rush of a Fear with Express 329.00. These are not exact numbers just trying to give you a ballpark idea.

For example the Rush of Fear Pass with Express covers your ticket and Express pass for the first couple of weeks of HHN. Universal lists the dates covered for each of these special passes. So for one cost your admission ticket was covered and Express for the nights listed under the dates for the Rush of Fear Pass.

There were 2 other passes Frequent Fear and I think the other was Ultimate Fear. Those passes went up in price as they covered more days.

The Ultimate Fear Pass with Express was the most expensive and included admission to HHN plus Express during the entire event and did not have blackout days.

These passes are very cost effective for folks who live local and are going to attend the event numerous times and those who are on longer vacations to Universal and want to attend HHN multiple days while there.

We will see what Universal has for passes this year.

Hope this helps.
We will be staying at the BWV at Disney and grabbing an Uber over for a Friday night HHN the week of Columbus Day. We will only be attending this one night. It sounds like an express pad would be very useful. When have they historically went on sale?

Express will be essential

For years I went to hhn for that Friday and Columbus Day weekend and it was packed with peeps

Avoid that weekend now as crowded and line waits were higher than I wanted. If your plans are for that time period, buy the express pass

UO has not released info yet for quite a few hhn events
Only event I am aware of are day tours for hhn

We are 5 months out from the opening of hhn

We will be staying at the BWV at Disney and grabbing an Uber over for a Friday night HHN the week of Columbus Day. We will only be attending this one night. It sounds like an express pad would be very useful. When have they historically went on sale?

Keep watching the Universal site for updated information on tickets and HHN Express passes.

The only thing showing on the website now is single day HHN tickets, RIP Tour tickets and Unmasking the Horror tickets.

I did notice when looking at the Universal HHN website that once you chose to purchase a single day HHN ticket you had a choice of an add on Express Pass. That is not an HHN Express Pass that is a Express Pass for regular park visits not HHN Express. That is confusing to someone who has not attended HHN before.

Like Mac said the HHN Express Pass information and additional ticket and pass information is forthcoming. Event is 5 months away.

Once the information is released Keishashadow will update the information here on the sticky.

We are all awaiting house information and additional ticket and pass information.

I did notice when looking at the Universal HHN website that once you chose to purchase a single day HHN ticket you had a choice of an add on Express Pass. That is not an HHN Express Pass that is a Express Pass for regular park visits not HHN Express. That is confusing to someone who has not attended HHN before.
This!

Uh oh. Anyone else envisioning angry, disappointed guests and longer guest services lines come event time? Yikes. :scared:

That option has been listed for years past but most catch the info it’s for the regular park day not hhn

Reactions: shh
Does anyone remember the time of regular park close in October? We're scheduled to be in the park for regular hours (not attending HHN that evening) and I'm curious to know if we could make a 7pm event off property. The official hours haven't been posted, but I remember a 6pm close... maybe?

Does anyone remember the time of regular park close in October? We're scheduled to be in the park for regular hours (not attending HHN that evening) and I'm curious to know if we could make a 7pm event off property. The official hours haven't been posted, but I remember a 6pm close... maybe?
From my memory (so I hope this is right) ... Studios closed at 5:00 on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (for HHN - and this is absolutely correct). Studios closed at 6:00 or 7:00 on Monday and Tuesday (I think). Islands of Adventure was open until 7:00 every night (again, I think). Grain of salt, though, because I might be misremembering, but that should be close. I don't think there were any October dates with a closing after 7:00 in either park. I didn't include Volcano Bay, since we've never been there (though I hear it's a great water park).

Quick question....first time doing HHN and was wondering when do they usually start selling the Express Pass?

many Q here as to when multinight tix will be releaseD, etc.

perhaps now that the MNSSHP tix will be on sale 5/12 for onsite guests U will follow suit the same way they tend to jump on the other parks tix increases. Interesting U has not offered onsite guests that advantage since they’ve challenged the market with their hotel rates this year. :rolleyes1

In U’s best interest to get fans to buy multiple single night tix Vs a discounted multi one. Dust should’ve settled on those takers by now. I’m guessing U may now be dragging feet due to some unresolved licensing issue.:confused3

Please Note!!! the past‘s actual dates for info & tix releases have varied widely, even pre pandemic. however, here’s some random past info to pass the time:

*2021 express passes were on sale by 3/9

*various 2019 tix Prices
FF: (Non discounted) $105+,
plus which included Fridays $140
BOGO$83+

*scream early went on sale 8/5/21 $30 pp/night

*FF, RoF on sale 8/5/21

*last year’s premier free tix choices listed below

5100C942-65BD-474E-BADE-A2DA6FFA1EEE.jpeg

many Q here as to when multinight tix will be releaseD, etc.

perhaps now that the MNSSHP tix will be on sale 5/12 for onsite guests U will follow suit the same way they tend to jump on the other parks tix increases. Interesting U has not offered onsite guests that advantage since they’ve challenged the market with their hotel rates this year. :rolleyes1

In U’s best interest to get fans to buy multiple single night tix Vs a discounted multi one. Dust should’ve settled on those takers by now. I’m guessing U may now be dragging feet due to some unresolved licensing issue.:confused3

Please Note!!! the past‘s actual dates for info & tix releases have varied widely, even pre pandemic. however, here’s some random past info to pass the time:

*2021 express passes were on sale by 3/9

*various 2019 tix Prices
FF: (Non discounted) $105+,
plus which included Fridays $140
BOGO$83+

*scream early went on sale 8/5/21 $30 pp/night

*FF, RoF on sale 8/5/21

*last year’s premier free tix choices listed below

View attachment 666098
So it’s actually MNSSHP not that after hours thing? Still doing HHN, but might consider the mouse if the actual party is back and with the Sanderson sisters…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter