Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

I think I must be one of the few who are glad there are no Netflix based houses like Stranger Things........should hopefully keep the tweens away and back to more adult based.

Glad to hear strong rumours that`s going to happen this year.

I'm sure I won't win any popularity votes with my comment but since we're all sharing..
Having attended only two HHNs last year, I consider myself a newbie. I keep reading the comments posted here about the younger crowds, tweens. To be honest I never noticed them. Maybe I was too focused on myself, my family or the group we were with or why we were there in the first place. I have noticed the younger crowds during the day but even then they don't bother me. I guess after spending years at WDW hearing children scream & cry at the top of their lungs day and night and during special events, I find HHN a different kind of haven.​

I'm sure I won't win any popularity votes with my comment but since we're all sharing..
Having attended only two HHNs last year, I consider myself a newbie. I keep reading the comments posted here about the younger crowds, tweens. To be honest I never noticed them. Maybe I was too focused on myself, my family or the group we were with or why we were there in the first place. I have noticed the younger crowds during the day but even then they don't bother me. I guess after spending years at WDW hearing children scream & cry at the top of their lungs day and night and during special events, I find HHN a different kind of haven.​

We all have our own experiences and that`s ok :)

It has changed for sure over the last few years, in 2007 I don`t remember seeing a single stroller....there may well have been and we never noticed, and there were some kids around the age of 10 there, but not many.

We missed the last 2 years due to not being able to fly, but long term visitors to the event all said the same thing.......too many tweens/kids/toddlers and I include SA friends too saying the same thing. You`re indeed very lucky if you never came across them, it can be quite traumatic to see a toddler crying their eyes out because they`re terrified. We all enjoy the event and don`t want to see these things, but they are certainly unavoidable for the most part. When a SA feels they can`t give a scare because of a toddler, something is wrong. Some SA of course won`t give a rats patootie......that`s my kind of SA........😈

It`s simply not an event that should be aimed at tweens/kids....that`s what Disney down the road is for. And maybe this year they may just be going back to old school........:hyper2:

When a SA feels they can`t give a scare because of a toddler, something is wrong. Some SA of course won`t give a rats patootie......that`s my kind of SA........😈

It`s simply not an event that should be aimed at tweens/kids....that`s what Disney down the road is for. And maybe this year they may just be going back to old school........:hyper2:
:rotfl: I agree, SA's should do what they were hired to do, Universal even posts warnings...
1654108949682.png
Parents are always going to assume they know what's best for their kids however a warning from a company who specializes in fear should not be dismissed, as they have been doing this longer than most adults have had kids.

Well, now that MNSSHP is in full gear perhaps there will be less tweens/kids/toddlers. I'm all in for old school sheer horror, bring it home Universal! Bring it home!!! 😈

Hello!! Planning our trip and was hoping to get RPR for September with fingers crossed for ROF w/express. Wasn't able to get RPR (at all) or SFR (for under $418 night) in September. We are going for 11 nights. I did book SFR for 9/28-10/9 but I am concerned about the cost of multi night tix with the conversations about the possible price increase. We have only done ROF w/express so not sure how much more the multi night tickets will be. We do go to HHN each night it is happening while we are there (we are hooked). All of that to ask how much more difficult it is to get back and forth from HHN if staying at CBR? CBR does have availability in Sept. We have only stayed at the resorts with boat access and are completely exhausted by nights end. lol This would be our first time a SFR as well. Thank you for any input, I really appreciate it! We are so excited!
I recommend going ahead and booking what you can get now (you'll only pay a refundable deposit of one night at the time of reservation), but keep checking the availability of the other resorts. People change their plans all the time and make days pop-up and then pop-out when booked by someone else. Get your "bird in the hand" but keep an eye out for something you like better. Good luck!

EDIT: I re-read your message and now see that you have indeed already booked. I still recommend keeping an eye (daily) on the other resorts in case an opportunity to rebook arises. As for Sapphire Falls, we really enjoyed the resort. Nice place and still get the water taxis. Of course no daytime express, but you still get early entry. We stayed there once for an HHN trip, and as far as HHN goes, it was fantastic. During the day, it was a bit crowded (mid-October) and we really missed the express. Late September-Early October might be better though.

EDIT 2: Reading is Fundamental! Good grief, I see now that you were wanting a comparison for Cabana Bay. Unfortunately, we have not stayed there. I'll leave my inapplicable reply though, just in case it might help someone else.

Last edited:
Angelia
You can use the water taxi to SF or RP
(SF would be best)

And from there, walk to CB
My guess would be it’s about a 12 minute walk to reach your hotel

I pulled up quite a few opinions from Utube on time it takes to reach that CB and think it depends on your walking pace

Not sure if it is less time to use the bus from the park to CB

What's the best way to get from WDW to HHN when you need transportation?

I recommend going ahead and booking what you can get now (you'll only pay a refundable deposit of one night at the time of reservation), but keep checking the availability of the other resorts. People change their plans all the time and make days pop-up and then pop-out when booked by someone else. Get your "bird in the hand" but keep an eye out for something you like better. Good luck!

EDIT: I re-read your message and now see that you have indeed already booked. I still recommend keeping an eye (daily) on the other resorts in case an opportunity to rebook arises. As for Sapphire Falls, we really enjoyed the resort. Nice place and still get the water taxis. Of course no daytime express, but you still get early entry. We stayed there once for an HHN trip, and as far as HHN goes, it was fantastic. During the day, it was a bit crowded (mid-October) and we really missed the express. Late September-Early October might be better though.

EDIT 2: Reading is Fundamental! Good grief, I see now that you were wanting a comparison for Cabana Bay. Unfortunately, we have not stayed there. I'll leave my inapplicable reply though, just in case it might help someone else.
Thanks so much imprint! I still find your answers very helpful and very much appreciate you taking the time to respond! Can't wait to go!

Angelia
(SF would be best)

I pulled up quite a few opinions from Utube on time it takes to reach that CB and think it depends on your walking pace

Thanks so much, that is very helpful! I didn't think to check Utube for a comparison in terms of walking distance. Good idea about taking the water taxi and walking over. I love is forum!

It has changed for sure over the last few years, in 2007 I don`t remember seeing a single stroller....there may well have been and we never noticed, and there were some kids around the age of 10 there, but not many.

We missed the last 2 years due to not being able to fly, but long term visitors to the event all said the same thing.......too many tweens/kids/toddlers and I include SA friends too saying the same thing. You`re indeed very lucky if you never came across them, it can be quite traumatic to see a toddler crying their eyes out because they`re terrified. We all enjoy the event and don`t want to see these things, but they are certainly unavoidable for the most part. When a SA feels they can`t give a scare because of a toddler, something is wrong. Some SA of course won`t give a rats patootie......that`s my kind of SA........😈

Id like to think they will be going back to old school - maybe the interest in the sea world event made them think a bit about their direction - they may not be a threat now but maybe down the road.
Who would have ever thought that Universal would rival Disney - but it sure seems like it.

As for the tweens and younger - If someone wants to bring a tween fine - just don't expect things to be appropriate to them - you are warned what to expect on the tickets - not that they read it.
No doubt there are 10 year old's that can handle the event better then some of the 20-somthings I've seen over the years.

What still bothers me in the guy with a 6 month old 2 years ago - who bring a kid that young and expects it to go well? Just watching that kid crying - what the heck were they thinking?

I've decided I definitely want to do a tour on the 21st. Is there any reason I shouldn't just book now? There is a 6:30 and 7pm available - I'm thinking earlier is better as if I want to I can then do rides or scare zones or whatever after the tour is done? Is that the right way to think about it?

Book ASAP, prices will go up without warning (and they do not go back down).

I am a fan of the earlier tour time but to be fair I've only done it once.
Thanks. I went ahead and booked it - it is my birthday and I really don't want to lose out and $300 seems like enough to spend to me lol. Really looking forward to this!!

Didn't Universal just tweet something indicating Stranger things is happening?

t`s simply not an event that should be aimed at tweens/kids....that`s what Disney down the road is for. And maybe this year they may just be going back to old school....

Well, now that MNSSHP is in full gear perhaps there will be less tweens/kids/toddlers. I'm all in for old school sheer horror, bring it home Universal! Bring it home!!! 😈
!00% agree with Schumi! and also hoping Fox is correct that with MNSSHP back in full there will be less parents deciding HHN is "worth a shot" for their young kids!!
Hello!! Planning our trip and was hoping to get RPR for September with fingers crossed for ROF w/express. Wasn't able to get RPR (at all) or SFR (for under $418 night) in September. We are going for 11 nights. I did book SFR for 9/28-10/9 but I am concerned about the cost of multi night tix with the conversations about the possible price increase. We have only done ROF w/express so not sure how much more the multi night tickets will be. We do go to HHN each night it is happening while we are there (we are hooked). All of that to ask how much more difficult it is to get back and forth from HHN if staying at CBR? CBR does have availability in Sept. We have only stayed at the resorts with boat access and are completely exhausted by nights end. lol This would be our first time a SFR as well. Thank you for any input, I really appreciate it! We are so excited!

Angelia
(SF would be best)

Thanks so much, that is very helpful! I didn't think to check Utube for a comparison in terms of walking distance. Good idea about taking the water taxi and walking over. I love is forum!
Also check out Aventura as it is literally across street from Sapphire Falls and is a quick walk as well - If you haven't stayed at SF the water taxi drops off on lower level and you need to get to lobby level, then out to front of hotel before heading off on pathway to CBR (or Aventura) and THEN will need to walk to your hotel to your room. Not sure a ton of steps saved doing water taxi to SF vs the (long omg LONG) trek to busses but at least busses drop off in front of your resort. This is when it's worthwhile to request "close to lobby" lol

Can anyone confirm?
Yesterday they posted a picture of the Island’s tower next to the clock from season 4 (if you seen S4 then you know the one I mean) on Twitter so it looks like the rumours about Netflix wanting too much for a licensing deal this year might not be true after all. Either that or it was just a meme but it seemed to be hinting at something related to Stranger Things anyway.

Has anyone noticed Universal increased AP, Seasonal Passes and Prime parking? Again, I default to newbism and have not tracked historical price increases leading to HHN. Does this mean we're about to see price increases for HHN anytime soon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter