Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

Can anyone give any insight on what crowds are like beginning Nov 1st? Do hhn crowds tend to stick around through the week? Or is it busy for any other reason?
In 2021 the crowds were low that week, and actually very low the last week of Oct Mon-Thurs (minus during HHN itself). IE nearly walk-on almost everything in the afternoons, 30min-ish for Hagrids... 2022 may be different, but I would go either of those weeks again in a heartbeat. You'll start to see holiday decorations up, too.

Omg, yes thanks so much for taking the time to understand my plans! I like your take on it and will def go for the freq fear for sept, considering the VB day ticket over a 3 day 3 park/ park-park is not something I considered but can price it out as well so thanks for that thought. you have to chose 2 park/park-park or 3 park/park-park and looking at prices looks like one VB day plus tax is $85.20 + 2 day 2 park/park-park plus tax is $319.49 for a total of $405. 3 day, 3 park park-park is $375 so it seems the multi day pass is still the better bet. Thanks again!!! actually 4 day park-park is only $388 so likely ill do that with the freq fear
Glad I was able to help! Just one clarification, and you might already understand I just want to make sure. The Frequent Fear pass is valid on HHNs on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday (there is a Frequent Fear+ that adds Fridays). Then there is the Rush of Fear pass, which is a subset of the Frequent Fear pass. Rush of Fear is valid for the first 20-ish days of HHN in September, and the price is usually just slighly more than a single night ticket. I just want to make sure you understand, since I think you'll be able to take advantage of the Rush of Fear pass and save a bunch of money and be able to go Friday and Saturday. If you're not sure when tickets come out, just ask here (or with USO) for confirmation. You got this!

Hello, Everyone! We will be newbies at HHN this year, and plan to go the last week of October. We are considering the RIP Tour because it was recommended earlier in this thread to novices, and because we think it would be fun to hang out with other people. However, I can't walk fast, and sometimes need to take a break. I don't want to hold anyone in the group back. Does the tour go super fast, and would I be able to skip a haunted house during a RIP tour if I wanted to sit down for a moment?

Just one clarification, and you might already understand I just want to make sure. The Frequent Fear pass is valid on HHNs on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday (there is a Frequent Fear+ that adds Fridays). Then there is the Rush of Fear pass, which is a subset of the Frequent Fear pass
Historically, correct. However, since not officially announced as being offered :confused3
Does the tour go super fast, and would I be able to skip a haunted house during a RIP tour if I wanted to sit down for a moment?
Private tours -the owner sets the pace

Public - Some I’ve observed have gone at faster pace than I prefer, others at a snails pace with multiple bar/rest stops. Depends on the guide. Had one who deferred to majority in the public tour.

When you call to book, ask your specific questions. They may refer you to guest services for specific answers.

Good luck

Glad I was able to help! Just one clarification, and you might already understand I just want to make sure. The Frequent Fear pass is valid on HHNs on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday (there is a Frequent Fear+ that adds Fridays). Then there is the Rush of Fear pass, which is a subset of the Frequent Fear pass. Rush of Fear is valid for the first 20-ish days of HHN in September, and the price is usually just slighly more than a single night ticket. I just want to make sure you understand, since I think you'll be able to take advantage of the Rush of Fear pass and save a bunch of money and be able to go Friday and Saturday.
Thanks for the clarification!! We are there for 5 days/4 nights only so I will need the pass that has the dates (all) in September likely. Will make sure I read carefully. I did some googling and found a post on a website dates August 5th 2021 that the frequent/multi day passes had been posted. At this point I do feel ok waiting as I’ve decided the one night pass isn’t going to be enough, but it is nerve wracking.
Can I purchase from 3rd party seller like undercover tourist and upgrade through them? or is waiting until beginning of August doable?

Thanks for the clarification!! We are there for 5 days/4 nights only so I will need the pass that has the dates (all) in September likely. Will make sure I read carefully. I did some googling and found a post on a website dates August 5th 2021 that the frequent/multi day passes had been posted. At this point I do feel ok waiting as I’ve decided the one night pass isn’t going to be enough, but it is nerve wracking.
Can I purchase from 3rd party seller like undercover tourist and upgrade through them? or is waiting until beginning of August doable?

When we've been able to go when Rush of Fear is valid, we were able to save so much money. It's a fantastic ticket. Otherwise, it's Frequent Fear for us (if going 3+ nights). You're absolutely right that it is nerve wracking waiting to find out if those tickets will be available this year. I haven't bought any HHN tickets yet this year. Hollywood recently released their Frequent Fear passes, so I'm hoping Orlando will do the same soon.

Sorry, I don't know the answer about buying/upgrading through Undercover Tourist. I used to buy regular park tickets from them before we started buying/renewing Annual Passes, but I have not bought HHN tickets from them.

If it's already public knowledge, I apologize for asking this question but I just can't find the answer anywhere. Has Universal released the nights that the Premiere pass free HHN are good for yet? My husband and I are doing a RIP Tour on 9/11 and I'd like to know if we'll need tickets. Thanks in advance.

Was first at HHN in 2019 and found long lines and didn't plan properly. Going back this year in Sept, just bought tickets for Wednesday Sept 21 - HHN pass and also express pass.
Will be in the parks that day (have an annual pass) and trying to figure out eating lunch/dinner prior to the event. Want to be in a stay and scream holding area this
time. I see that I can book reservations at Finnegan's. Reservation times seem to be open for that day, if I eat there will I already be in the holding pen when I leave the restaurant or
should I eat early enough to be done by say 4:00 to then enter the pen? Other option looking at is eating a lunch (the great feast) at the three broomsticks at IOA and then making my way
to into Universal Studios park by 3:00 ish. Don't seem to be able to make reservations there though.

My family - 7 of us - will likely be trying HHN for the first time this year. We only have one day for Universal and HHN - the rest of our trip is already booked doing other things. We plan on getting one day two park tickets for the day, then HHN tickets for that night. So I have a few questions.

If we stay in a Universal Resort for one night, will we get express passes for both our two-park passes and our HHN tickets because we are staying in the resort, or would we have to pay for the express passes for one or both?

Is it possible/reasonable to squeeze in all of this in a single day/night? We don't expect to do everything, but I have not been to Universal in 25+ years and have no idea what to expect.

Thoughts?
No, it is not possible/reasonable to do both Universal, Islands and HHN in a single day
HHN alone is exhausting in a single night.
We once made the mistake of doing the Behind the Screams tour followed by HHN on the same day and it was just miserable.
Behind the Screams was not nearly as much as both parks would be.
Pick one or the other.
If you do try for both, just plan to do half of each.
I mean, individually you can do each with EP in one day
We have no problems doing all of HHN in a single night with EP. Now, we don't get time to really linger through the scare zones like I'd like to and we don't really get to stop to enjoy a lot of the food booths but we can complete all the houses and the show.
We also are able to do all the rides with EP. You'd have to include early entry to do both Velicocoaster and Hagrids and hope that both are running early.
Anyway, just my thoughts. If you try this I think your family will revolt, want to strangle your neck by the end of the night. If they can lift their arms.

Last edited:
If it's already public knowledge, I apologize for asking this question but I just can't find the answer anywhere. Has Universal released the nights that the Premiere pass free HHN are good for yet? My husband and I are doing a RIP Tour on 9/11 and I'd like to know if we'll need tickets. Thanks in advance.
We are anxiously waiting too. I've got 2 weeks blocked out on the calendar to work out a trip as soon as the dates are announced.

We are anxiously waiting too. I've got 2 weeks blocked out on the calendar to work out a trip as soon as the dates are announced.
Me too! Last year it was all Sept dates except the first and last weekend, and Wednesdays in October.
Tentatively panning for 9/15

Me too! Last year it was all Sept dates except the first and last weekend, and Wednesdays in October.
Tentatively panning for 9/15
Our best dates are the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. We can do mid week and avoid the weekend so I'm hoping we are in the clear.
I'd love to get in 2 days this year, 1 free and 1 we purchase. Really take our time this year.
It's taken me several years to build up the courage to even go in the houses. I still don't love to be scared but I do appreciate the details they put in to them and all the work put in to them. I've learned to focus more on that, less on the scare part. Gets me through them. But what I love the most are the scare zones. I hope the bring them up this year. Last year was a let down

Was surprised that Finnegan's is taking reservations on Wed Sept 21 until 6:45, all other HHN nights stops at 2:00. Went ahead and booked for 3:30 figured would be good timing to eat and get into the holding area. Hopefully won't be cancelled.

Was surprised that Finnegan's is taking reservations on Wed Sept 21 until 6:45, all other HHN nights stops at 2:00. Went ahead and booked for 3:30 figured would be good timing to eat and get into the holding area. Hopefully won't be cancelled.
Maybe they are full the other dates past 2? I have Friday 9/9 at 3:30 booked last month.

Our best dates are the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. We can do mid week and avoid the weekend so I'm hoping we are in the clear.
I'd love to get in 2 days this year, 1 free and 1 we purchase. Really take our time this year.
It's taken me several years to build up the courage to even go in the houses. I still don't love to be scared but I do appreciate the details they put in to them and all the work put in to them. I've learned to focus more on that, less on the scare part. Gets me through them. But what I love the most are the scare zones. I hope the bring them up this year. Last year was a let down
This will be my first time. I don't really like haunted houses either but I love halloween so I'm gonna try and suck it up lol. I'll try some of your suggestions-focus on little details instead of who's gonna jump out and scare the crap out of me 👿

This will be my first time. I don't really like haunted houses either but I love halloween so I'm gonna try and suck it up lol. I'll try some of your suggestions-focus on little details instead of who's gonna jump out and scare the crap out of me 👿
The only way I was ever able to step foot in my first haunted house was to take the unmasked tour. Doing that taught me all the efforts put in to the designs. After that I was able to go in the houses

Is there any benefit of staying on property at Universal the night of Halloween Horror Nights? Just for a single night stay? I have Sunday tickets / Express Pass (for October 16th). I was looking at staying on property, but the benefit (for the day, early entry in the morning) doesn't help me at all without a day ticket. I would like to walk to our hotel after the night (which I know will be long), but can save a decent about of $$$ and stay at the Hyatt House right across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter