"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Going to the party in a couple weeks with a 9yr old who is focused on rides, fireworks, parade and trick or treating. She has never seen the Hocus Pocus movie. Is the Hocus Pocus show more geared towards adults? Do kids her age still enjoy the show even if they have no idea who the Sanderson characters are?
Pretty much every disney villian character is also in the show to help them with their spell. Could be a good way to the characters without waiting in line if she's not interested in that.

It might also be fun to watch the movie with her leading up to event! It is on disney+!

Attachments

• 20220910_002432.jpg
    20220910_002432.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220910_002403.jpg
    20220910_002403.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 11
Not wanting to back track too far. Wanting to go in main gates (without getting in party line) and get wristbands somewhere up front so we can go ahead and go through bypass. Didn't know if that was possible.
The closest distribution center would be Tomorrowland, near Laugh Floor. So you’d still need to backtrack a bit. I’ve also heard that the fire station has bands, but it’s not listed as an official distribution location, so you may want to check there first.

So my group changed and need 1 ticket for 10/13...the Disney web site doesn't necessarily say SOLD out it states "tickets available closer to event date".... any opinions on if they will release more tickets?

So my group changed and need 1 ticket for 10/13...the Disney web site doesn't necessarily say SOLD out it states "tickets available closer to event date".... any opinions on if they will release more tickets?
I don’t think they will release any more tickets online

When I check, the website says the 2022 event is sold out, and to check back for information regarding 2023.

My family had gone to the party last night and it was honestly incredible! There were 10 of us altogether, including my brothers friend who just so randomly had booked a trip at this time before we booked ours. He’s an annual pass holder and comes pretty frequently. The makeup of the 10 was 8 adults and 2 children. We left our house this morning at 6am, was on a flight by 8:45am, and then arrived at around 12pm. But this is the breakdown of how our party went!

We got to MK around 5 and while they only had one line for security, it went by quickly. The stuff in the bypass had been moved because of the recent rain. All of the ride lines were pretty short. We did Haunted Mansion and Buzz before 7, also stopping to take some pictures along the way. After 7, some of us went to Space Mountain while others did the Monsters Inc. Dance Party which was such a good time. Space Mountain was definitely the highlight. It was so fun in the dark!

We did the treat trail at Carousel of Progress and hopped on the Peoplemover before going to Laugh Floor. My sister and I broke away to get the strawberry lemonade slush at Cosmic Ray’s while others got some ice cream and went on Tomorrowland Speedway. It was then that we decided we would do the 11:15 parade and made our way to the Teacups. Everyone had so much fun and the line was like nonexistent on it. Next 7 Dwarfs only had a 30min wait posted so we got in line for that, everyone but my mom who doesn’t do roller coasters. She actually went around and did more treat trails and was honestly pleasantly surprised at how much candy they were handing out. Everyone loved the roller coaster and the 3-year-old fell asleep shortly after.

By this point it was almost 10:15 so we made our way to see the fireworks and got a place in the small section that’s taped off on the walkway in front of the Plaza Restaurant. The show was great and when it was over, the 4 boys ran over to do Space Mountain again that was posted at a 0 or 5 minute wait. It just so happened that when they got off, the cast member asked if they wanted to go again and took them around the back so they could get right back on!

The rest of us went shopping in the Emporium and all of the merch was pretty full and stocked. We had no trouble or line to get our items. We then found a spot for the 11:15 parade, around the same area where we watched the fireworks only this time by the curb, and that was where Powerline Max made his appearance. I thought he showed up further down Main Street so I was pleasantly surprised. The parade was great but the children were knocked out by then. I sat down with the 6-year-old on one of the benches while he slept so he could be comfortable.

After that, we stuck around a little while the crowds thinned out and my brother and his friend watched the midnight Hocus Pocus show. We were on the benches nearby and so we did see some of it. My nephew woke up by then so he was able to watch the end of the parade and see the part of the show with Oogie Boogie. At the end of the night, we were back in our room by 1am, I think.

In the end, everyone had a great time! It was a sold out night and while you could see that there were a lot of people, it never felt super crowded. The ride lines were manageable for most of the night and the treat trails went quickly as well. It was a great night and we’d gladly do it again!

Just trying to get a plan for seeing Jack and Sally and I’ve read conflicting reports. We will already be in the park so can we get in line to see them around 3:30 and go out one at a time to get our party bands? Or do we have to get our bands first and therefore can’t join the line until after 4:00? Any experience in this would be great. Thanks!

Went to Sunday's party and had an amazing time. We only did 5 rides since that wasn't our focus, but saw lots of low wait times.

Watched Powerline for the first parade pre-show, then the parade, and fireworks, then circled back to watch the parade again in Liberty Square, then finished with the midnight stage show. Did a little trick or treating, maybe 5 stops and simply enjoyed the street ambiance. DD was going to do some characters (mainly Stitch) but that line was too long for her; she did meet Jafar which was a fun interaction.

This party experience was really good! We went for the first time in August 2019 and this year we felt like there were far lower crowds. At one point sometime after the fireworks, I walked by 7DMT and it was listed as a 5-minute wait!

In the end, everyone had a great time! It was a sold out night and while you could see that there were a lot of people, it never felt super crowded. The ride lines were manageable for most of the night and the treat trails went quickly as well. It was a great night and we’d gladly do it again!

This party experience was really good! We went for the first time in August 2019 and this year we felt like there were far lower crowds. At one point sometime after the fireworks, I walked by 7DMT and it was listed as a 5-minute wait!
This is very encouraging, thanks!
We've been to several MNSSHP in the past, including 2 parties in 2019 when they had the dreaded party-pass going on. The party-pass made things very difficult to predict and it was not as easy to get things done as years past. I'm ssssoooo glad they're not doing that this year and glad to hear the party may be back to what it used to be. (except for the crazy price increase!) We're going in October and we were a little hesitant to do the party again, but hopeful. Now I'm excited!

Does the parade direction change between the 1st and 2nd parade?
Your question has been merged with the main Halloween party thread as this thread and the people on it have the most knowledge of the party and it's happenings.

From page 1 of this thread, 'FYI: The parade route begins in Frontierland, follows the waterway until it reaches Liberty Square, crosses the Liberty Square bridge, circles Central Plaza in front of Cinderella's Castle, then heads down Main Street, U.S.A., where it ends next to Harmony Barbershop.'

It does not change directions. Both parades begin in Frontierland and end on Main Street.'

IMO: attended last night and had a blast. I have been to several parties in the past but last night was much better. You can tell it wasn’t crowded, curious to know the amount of tickets sold?? Multiple new magic shots. Candy trails are best after 9pm. They give more and no waiting!!!! Ride wait times were less than 5 minutes. Meet and greets were all over the park. Popular characters had longer waits. At 10 pm I waited 15 minutes for Alice and Mad Tea Hatter not bad!! Hopefully Friday is just as good.

IMO: attended last night and had a blast. I have been to several parties in the past but last night was much better. You can tell it wasn’t crowded, curious to know the amount of tickets sold?? Multiple new magic shots. Candy trails are best after 9pm. They give more and no waiting!!!! Ride wait times were less than 5 minutes. Meet and greets were all over the park. Popular characters had longer waits. At 10 pm I waited 15 minutes for Alice and Mad Tea Hatter not bad!! Hopefully Friday is just as good.

Only downside about last night was Pirates was down all night. Closed at 7pm and never reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter