• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a great time last night and the weather was awesome! It’s much harder to do the party with a 2 year old and fit it all in lol. He said his favorite things were dancing with Mike and Sully and the fireworks. He surprised us and made it until 11 pm. We go pretty often so we didn’t get there until around 6 pm. We went to our hotel first to drop bags off. We met Goofy at 7 (20 minutes) and Mickey right before the first parade (15 minutes or so). We watched the parade right in front of where Mickey meets and ds loved dancing with Max. We did 4 or 5 treat stations, rode barnstormer x2, dumbo, buzz, tried tea cups but it broke down while we were in line. The crowds weren’t too bad but character lines and trick or treating were pretty long. Overall we had a really good time. I’m not sure if we will be doing the Christmas party or not.

My kids are the same age we are doing a Christmas party. Was the excitement enough to keep them going that late? We have a stroller so if they give out it doesn’t matter but I’d love to make it all night!
They were both awake all night and enjoyed the midnight hocus pocus show! They had their strollers and I told them they could lay down and sleep if they got tired. My 3 year old almost did at one point, but seeing the headless horseman for a second time hyped her up again haha. We haven’t done a Christmas party yet, but if your kids like shows or parades I’d say it’s exciting.

Some pictures from last night. I really like the one of him with his hands up on Barnstormer and also the one from the parade with chocolate all over his mouth 😆

Attachments

• 8562177E-6BEF-4FE8-8E32-23AB8178AF0D.jpeg
    8562177E-6BEF-4FE8-8E32-23AB8178AF0D.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 45
  • A3A859C5-878E-4156-899D-B87F546D8DFF.jpeg
    A3A859C5-878E-4156-899D-B87F546D8DFF.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 42
  • E56ACAA6-B930-4420-A15F-FE93405B02C9.jpeg
    E56ACAA6-B930-4420-A15F-FE93405B02C9.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 43
  • C234B1E3-7099-4637-B1DA-8642BF4BBB62.jpeg
    C234B1E3-7099-4637-B1DA-8642BF4BBB62.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 47A3E768-63B3-44AF-9BF1-636358686B07.jpeg
    47A3E768-63B3-44AF-9BF1-636358686B07.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 45

It seems that the rain has the biggest effect on the parties versus crowds. We went on Friday, 9.16. Crowds were light but we did not have a good experience. In the end, we asked for refunds.

We did some trick or treating after we arrived. Got dinner at Pecos Bill's. The waits were pretty long for that and there was no seating. There was a sign up for mobile order but they weren't using the service.

The lines were short for the rides but we only got to do 2 of them. On Pirates, our boat took on water but never sank completely. Those of us in the back rows had water pouring over the sides drenching our pants. I reported it so they could have the boat checked out or just not put so many people in each boat. It was shoulder to shoulder in every row. The other ride we did was the Peoplemover. It stopped twice while we were on it.

Because of that we were late to the fireworks. Because of the crowds not being to heavy, we were still able to find a spot after the show started where we could see the fireworks blasts but not the castle at all. We waited for the 10:45 Hocus Pocus show which was delayed and then they only did the closing number. We tried to exit into Liberty Square after but they were forcing people into Fantasyland. We circled back to the hub to find a spot for the 2nd parade which was also delayed. I knew I was going to be disappointed when I saw the first group of performers come through. Not only did the Headless Horseman not ride due to the "wet streets" (by this time they were completely dry), but the performers were just walking the route and waving.

By this point, we decided to wait the hour at guest services since we didn't get a chance to do Haunted Mansion, Magic Shots, see any of the entertainment as it was supposed to be, and were still wet from PotC.

It sounds like Sunday night was much better.

It seems that the rain has the biggest effect on the parties versus crowds. We went on Friday, 9.16. Crowds were light but we did not have a good experience. In the end, we asked for refunds.

We did some trick or treating after we arrived. Got dinner at Pecos Bill's. The waits were pretty long for that and there was no seating. There was a sign up for mobile order but they weren't using the service.

The lines were short for the rides but we only got to do 2 of them. On Pirates, our boat took on water but never sank completely. Those of us in the back rows had water pouring over the sides drenching our pants. I reported it so they could have the boat checked out or just not put so many people in each boat. It was shoulder to shoulder in every row. The other ride we did was the Peoplemover. It stopped twice while we were on it.

Because of that we were late to the fireworks. Because of the crowds not being to heavy, we were still able to find a spot after the show started where we could see the fireworks blasts but not the castle at all. We waited for the 10:45 Hocus Pocus show which was delayed and then they only did the closing number. We tried to exit into Liberty Square after but they were forcing people into Fantasyland. We circled back to the hub to find a spot for the 2nd parade which was also delayed. I knew I was going to be disappointed when I saw the first group of performers come through. Not only did the Headless Horseman not ride due to the "wet streets" (by this time they were completely dry), but the performers were just walking the route and waving.

By this point, we decided to wait the hour at guest services since we didn't get a chance to do Haunted Mansion, Magic Shots, see any of the entertainment as it was supposed to be, and were still wet from PotC.

It sounds like Sunday night was much better.
I was there Friday night too. Were you given a refund? I wonder if I could contact guest services and get some help.

I was there Friday night too. Were you given a refund? I wonder if I could contact guest services and get some help.
Yes. My husband and I waited at Guest Services til just after 1 am and got the refunds. They said they are only able to put them on a Disney Gift Card which was fine with us. Two others of our party went to Guest Services at Epcot on Sunday and both of those requests were granted. They also gave us the option of applying the amount of the ticket to a Christmas Party ticket but you have to pick the day then and pay the difference in price between the Halloween party and Christmas party dates.

It doesn't hurt to ask. I would be prepared to give specific examples of why you feel you didn't receive the value of the ticket and how that affected you or your family.

The wait at guest services was an hour and we were soaking wet and cold so I emailed them late on Friday 9/16. Still waiting to hear back. The first hocus pocus show was delayed multiple times and then eventually ended up being modified. The first parade turned into a calvacade. Of course safety first but that calvacade was hilarious. Looked at the forecast for the rest of the evening and decided to call it a night around 9:30pm. We arrived at 4pm with ponchos and umbrellas and were essentially running to seek shelter the whole time. Fingers crossed for a refund or credit🤞

I'm definitely worried about our party next Thursday. Just checked out the Weather Channel app and noticed "Watching the tropics" added to the daily forecast for that day. I didn't think Hurricane Fiona was supposed to affect the U.S. Is there another hurricane on the way?

I'm definitely worried about our party next Thursday. Just checked out the Weather Channel app and noticed "Watching the tropics" added to the daily forecast for that day. I didn't think Hurricane Fiona was supposed to affect the U.S. Is there another hurricane on the way?
A new one just popped up heading towards the gulf but it’s hard to tell exactly where it’ll hit right now. It’s showing like it may hit around Tampa but there’s still time. If you have Facebook I suggest following Mike’s weather page

There’s a new one forming that has a 90% chance of developing. But we won’t know where it’s headed til earlier next week.
Follow Denis Phillips from ABC Action News if it looks like towards Tampa. He’s a no nonsense, no hype type weather forecaster.
8BA20856-EE9B-4417-A586-7158952A73CF.jpeg

Thanks for the information! This shouldn't surprise me that we may get rained out on our Halloween party. We attended one in the past that ended up being in the top 10 rainiest days in Orlando since the 1800s. I rained over 6" in a matter of a few hours.

Thanks for the information! This shouldn't surprise me that we may get rained out on our Halloween party. We attended one in the past that ended up being in the top 10 rainiest days in Orlando since the 1800s. I rained over 6" in a matter of a few hours.

For what it's worth, I'm afraid there are some indicators this could end up being a major hurricane... If you'll be there around that time (29th/30th), I'd start considering what your back up plan would be if it does go to Orlando as a major Hurricane. I'm not saying to cancel plans or anything - as others said, the track is uncertain, but not a bad idea to be prepared. Hope everyone stays safe!

Just a clarification question on Jack and Sally. They start meeting at 4:30 this year and they will give wristbands in line? So if we have daytime admission we could line up around 3:45 and get our wristbands while in line?

There’s a new one forming that has a 90% chance of developing. But we won’t know where it’s headed til earlier next week.
Follow Denis Phillips from ABC Action News if it looks like towards Tampa. He’s a no nonsense, no hype type weather forecaster.
View attachment 703964
We were in Orlando in 2019 during the lead-up to hurricane Dorian and watched this meteorologist. He knows what's going on, he keeps people updated, and most of all he doesn't cause panic from what I remember.
We'll be there Oct. 1 and will again be keeping an eye on any storms developing. Mike's Weather Page is also a great one, as a PP said.

Please remember that things can change very, very quickly with any of these storms and the possibility of hurricanes. With Dorian, we were arriving in Orlando when many were evacuating as it was predicted to hit Orlando hard. It was crazy watching lines of cars leaving and we were driving in, along with literally hundreds of linesmen. Dorian wound up stalling over the Bahamas and by the time it got to Orlando it lost strength and was not a direct hit, but Disney did close early on that Tuesday and I *think* I remember it opening the next day. We did eventually leave before it came to Florida, but that was due mostly to the fact that gas was scarce. The path and intensity changed literally hour by hour.

We were in Orlando in 2019 during the lead-up to hurricane Dorian and watched this meteorologist. He knows what's going on, he keeps people updated, and most of all he doesn't cause panic from what I remember.
We'll be there Oct. 1 and will again be keeping an eye on any storms developing. Mike's Weather Page is also a great one, as a PP said.

Please remember that things can change very, very quickly with any of these storms and the possibility of hurricanes. With Dorian, we were arriving in Orlando when many were evacuating as it was predicted to hit Orlando hard. It was crazy watching lines of cars leaving and we were driving in, along with literally hundreds of linesmen. Dorian wound up stalling over the Bahamas and by the time it got to Orlando it lost strength and was not a direct hit, but Disney did close early on that Tuesday and I *think* I remember it opening the next day. We did eventually leave before it came to Florida, but that was due mostly to the fact that gas was scarce. The path and intensity changed literally hour by hour.
That was the opening weekend for Galaxy's Edge. We checked in to All Star Music the Friday before. Everyone was cancelling their vacations and leaving. We went to Hollywood Studios the next day and it was a totally empty park. less than 200 people at rope drop, and most of them were there for GE. We instead went the other direction and rode everything else in the parkas the sun was coming up. Talk about magic...

That was the opening weekend for Galaxy's Edge. We checked in to All Star Music the Friday before. Everyone was cancelling their vacations and leaving. We went to Hollywood Studios the next day and it was a totally empty park. less than 200 people at rope drop, and most of them were there for GE. We instead went the other direction and rode everything else in the parkas the sun was coming up. Talk about magic...
Yep, it was also the opening weekend of F&W, which we did on Saturday and it was very, very low crowds. We met a lovely couple in Epcot who drove up from the Keys to ride it out in WDW. We changed our MNSSHP from Monday to the Friday before and it was practically empty. I don't remember if we left Sunday or Monday, but they closed the parks early on Tuesday and we were already gone.

Is the Casey's Corner Pianist playing during the Halloween Party? Does the pianist perform as usual ups to the 6 PM park closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter