"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

We’re there Aug 26-Sep 3 and am keeping fingers crossed for earlier parties. We don’t want to be the first party and I’m so annoyed about F&W starting that weekend we’re there. Now we’ll have to deal with Labor Day crowds as well as F&W. Hoping F&W has all the booths open if they’re going to start so late

We’re there Aug 26-Sep 3 and am keeping fingers crossed for earlier parties. We don’t want to be the first party and I’m so annoyed about F&W starting that weekend we’re there. Now we’ll have to deal with Labor Day crowds as well as F&W. Hoping F&W has all the booths open if they’re going to start so late
I don’t think you really have to worry about it being too crowded. Just looking at the hotel discounts Disney is offering this summer shows their projections indicate a real attendance problem.

It’s def a huge money maker! But I wonder if August being the 2nd highest in precipitation (after June) might affect their decision.
I would say that's not a huge factor in the sense that it rains primarily in the afternoons in August (I have been on 8 trips in August), and the event runs in evening and night when it doesn't rain very often. Plus, they have been adding more dates every year, going earlier and earlier in August.

It’s def a huge money maker! But I wonder if August being the 2nd highest in precipitation (after June) might affect their decision.
Well since I was there for a hurricane last year (and many times before) and they didn't cancel for that, Id say weather isn't a big focus for Disney. Like I was literally in the park as maintenance did the hurricane prep for a storm due to hit between 2 and 6am on a night when the party went until midnight. They didn't even cancel fireworks.

this is the week we have gone the last few years, and again this year. it's really not that crowded and there have always been at least 2 parties the week we are there, a tuesday and a friday. there's been food and wine going on when we're there too and it's really not that bad.

They sort of did when Disney announced the Disney channel "Halfway to Halloween" lineup for April 28th.
We have gotten so used to earlier in the year announcements, we forget that 1 year they announced it in May (hope not that late, the anticipation is killing me lol). Well good news is the actual halfway to Halloween is literally under a week from today. COME ON DISNEY, make today the the DAY.

If they push back the Halloween party start dates in addition to cancelling summer festivals then their summer attendance numbers must be catastrophic.
They literally posted an AD not even 4 weeks ago for casting calls for the Sanderson Sisters and they specified to be available in July for auditions, and available to work from August-October; plus that they have sold out every date last year, hard to imagine they would push back the Halloween dates.

F&W festival didn't shrink much in duration, just moved 1 month over. From some articles, it seems like they are realigning the dates back to pre-Covid schedule, and stated in the articles, might show a sign of healthiness in the travel industry, because the festival was a way to attract more people in a slower period and might not need it as long now.

I'm updating my guess: today at 10am. I noticed that's around when the morning blog post goes out. 🤞🏻🤞🏼🤞🏽🤞🏾🤞🏿 crossing all the fingers
I'm basing my entire trip around your guess Raya, lol, you better be right :jester:, but in all seriousness, it would be nice so I can actually buy my 3 day Disney tickets officially to work around the halloween dates

We have gotten so used to earlier in the year announcements, we forget that 1 year they announced it in May (hope not that late, the anticipation is killing me lol). Well good news is the actual halfway to Halloween is literally under a week from today. COME ON DISNEY, make today the the DAY.
In 2019 MNSSHP tickets went on sale on January 19, 2019 (talk about planning ahead! 🫣) I'm really hoping it's today...come on Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter