"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Halfway to Halloween technically could be today or tomorrow when you calculate it by the calendar.

All MNSSHP were sold out the past few years and in spite of the bit of a lead Universal may have, I expect it to be the same this year.

If we haven't heard anything by the end of Friday, I'll be surprised. Until then, they're waiting until the true, 'Halfway to Halloween' date.

Man, this thread just got lit hardcore, because now Axl Rose and Slash are taking arrows. :)
Just imagine me, a huge Halloween fan, dressed as the Haunted Mansion bride with a light up skirt I spent hours on, trying to gently explain to a small child what the lyrics "If you got the money, honey, we got your disease" "you're a very sexy girl, and very hard to please You can taste the bright lights but you won't get there for free" and "Feel my, my, my serpentine" mean. Needless to say we didn't get in line for that Treat trail more than once. I'm a child of the 80s, so I love their music, but not as part of MNSSHP.

Just imagine me, a huge Halloween fan, dressed as the Haunted Mansion bride with a light up skirt I spent hours on, trying to gently explain to a small child what the lyrics "If you got the money, honey, we got your disease" "you're a very sexy girl, and very hard to please You can taste the bright lights but you won't get there for free" and "Feel my, my, my serpentine" mean. Needless to say we didn't get in line for that Treat trail more than once. I'm a child of the 80s, so I love their music, but not as part of MNSSHP.
I was a teen in the 80s and I had no clue what the lyrics to that GnR song were until reading them just now, even hearing the song a million times on the radio. Likely most people hearing it in Adventureland felt the same. It’s just background music.

I am going to be your source of joy and positivity. WDW will announce the Halloween party. WDW will offer a bigger and better party for you and all. When you attend with your kid(s), you are going to have an awesome night of fun and frivolity. And, I look forward to hearing about your costume for this coming year because your costume last year sounds dope.

P.S. Jedis don't wear costumes because the Order doesn't allow anything other than robes.

My concern is that all of this adds up to Disney 'downplaying' or not putting as much effort into this Halloween. By delaying they're making me worry that we won't get as many magical extras, like last year's lackluster cardboard photo backdrops that were sometimes unattended or playing Guns and Roses instead of Halloween music in Adventureland. I want Disney to "plus it up" on Halloween, not phone it in.
Just attended Star Wars Nite in DL and I was not thrilled with the DJ playing random club music on Main St instead of anything Star Wars themed or Disney themed.

I have so many things I am waiting on: D23 Expo, HHN, MNSSHP, Epic Universe, Universal Kids, and maybe the HHN thing in Vegas. At least Universal Japan finally announced Donkey Kong is delayed. I would explode if I just didn’t say it will happen when it happens🤣

Seriously? They play Guns N' Roses at the Magic Kingdom? How odd.

I'm guessing when they were writing Appetite for Destruction they did not expect to be cashing cheques from Disney 40 years down the road.

highly doubt at this point it will be announced today, they already posted 5 blogs, very rare to get more than 3 in a day

I guess we hope Thursday or Friday at this point, nothing will get announced may 4th bc of star wars day, and may 7th due to earnings release

It will start getting very late/strange if we move into week 2 of May with no announcement

highly doubt at this point it will be announced today, they already posted 5 blogs, very rare to get more than 3 in a day

I guess we hope Thursday or Friday at this point, nothing will get announced may 4th bc of star wars day, and may 7th due to earnings release

It will start getting very late/strange if we move into week 2 of May with no announcement
It's happened before. In 2014 it was announced on May 16 and I think 2013 it was May 8

It's happened before. In 2014 it was announced on May 16 and I think 2013 it was May 8
the difference was back then it wasn't in August, so it was still announced 4 months or longer before party dates, we are under 4 months, getting close to 3 months if the rumored Aug 9th is correct

the difference was back then it wasn't in August, so it was still announced 4 months or longer before party dates, we are under 4 months, getting close to 3 months if the rumored Aug 9th is correct
The first party in 2014 was September 1st. Which is a 2 week difference from pre covid dates. 2017 the first party was August 25 and it was announced on April 6th and in 2019 it was announced in January. I don't think the time until the first date is a consideration.

like last year's lackluster cardboard photo backdrops that were sometimes unattended
Hey! I thought they looked lame too. But.. we stopped to eat ice cream in Adventureland near the 20,000 leagues under the sea one so I made my teenagers go for a photo. They turned out shockingly good. I was bummed we didn’t do the rest of them. I was planning to make sure we did more of them this year
I did notice that there wasn’t always a photographer at them which is poor customer service.

They're literally allowing Universal to own 2024 and 2025
Halloween
Universal-month ago released / Disney - ??
Summer rollout
Universal-monday Apr 29 (Dreamworks Land)/ Disney - ?? (Tiana's)
Universal-Epic universe + hotels / Disney - Test track reimagining (maybe, they tend to take forever to do anything these days AKA Tiana's/Tron)

It really seems like Disney has taken a back seat and just letting Universal jump the gun with all the big news first. The longer they wait the more people will book things with Universal instead, or have they forgotten it takes people months to plan trips with hotels/flights and what not, it's not all about the locals who can plan the week of.

Apparently this is the first time they didn't announce MNSSHP in April or earlier since 2014, back when they didn't even have August dates offered. Something spooky is going on at Disney, but don't worry we know now EPCOT will be getting George W. Bush pictures (vital to my vacation 🤣)

And universal is announcing its next epic universe portal world with video tomorrow.

I have come to the conclusion that Disney doesn't care what they are doing.

On the bright side, the tickets will come and they probably won't even sell out for months, so no stress or worries.

Ive been waiting on genie plus changes for over a year that they said was coming. Yours will actually happen lol

And universal is announcing its next epic universe portal world with video tomorrow.

I have come to the conclusion that Disney doesn't care what they are doing.

On the bright side, the tickets will come and they probably won't even sell out for months, so no stress or worries.

Ive been waiting on genie plus changes for over a year that they said was coming. Yours will actually happen lol
Some rumblings said it could even be even bigger than a portal update
Some writers have speculated it could be the opening date of Epic Universe...which would be a MASSIVE news drop

How can one company feel confident to drop a crazy summer update like they just did Monday, and 3 days later top their own news with another BIGGER story

And then you have Disney who announced F&W festival last week, and seemlingly bumping into the situation of "well can't announce it today because its (FILL IN BLANK) day", they didn't want to mess around with 35th anniversary of HS, there is May the 4th, now earning day on May 7th, plus let us not forget George Bush pictures at EPCOT 🤣, etc.

I can guarantee they wont do it today because they will be afraid it gets lost in the shadows of whatever, dare I say EPIC, news universal drops on us. It's just getting frustrating they can't even tease us with like be around on 5.8.24, that alone get's people excited to speculate what it could be. I know today I'll be glued to universal's news feed, because we know news is coming TODAY

As much as I would like to see news of MNSSHP today, I think Disney will focus on Star Wars Day (May 4th) - the online Disney Store has made the Star Wars Merch their centre page, which is usually a good indication of what is coming up in event news.
It's so strange because the Disney Channel had their Halfway to Halloween line up on April 28th, but it looks like we will be waiting until next week for MNSSHP. :(

As much as I would like to see news of MNSSHP today, I think Disney will focus on Star Wars Day (May 4th) - the online Disney Store has made the Star Wars Merch their centre page, which is usually a good indication of what is coming up in event news.
It's so strange because the Disney Channel had their Halfway to Halloween line up on April 28th, but it looks like we will be waiting until next week for MNSSHP. :(
Yeah, they have had almost next to nothing relating to Halloween this year, and they missed their chance with Halfway to Halloween marketing

Well I highly doubt anything get's announced until after earnings day on the 7th at this point, thankfully I got Universal news today, NHL playoffs to get upset about, and daughter's dance competition all weekend, that will take me back to May 6th of endlessly waiting for MNSSHP news lol

This was posted on the Rumors page, kind of interesting to see the various dates of when they have announced MNSSHP dates. Competing with EPIC news is a no win. They can be patient as they know they have a party that usually sells out.

• 2023: April 20th
  • 2022: April 28th
  • 2021: no party (Boo Bash announced May 7th)
  • 2020: no party
  • 2019: January 15
  • 2018: March 19
  • 2017: April 6
  • 2016: March 23
  • 2015: February 25
  • 2014: May 16
  • 2013: May 8
  • 2012: May 2
  • 2011: April 30
  • 2010: May 21

Yeah, they have had almost next to nothing relating to Halloween this year, and they missed their chance with Halfway to Halloween marketing

Well I highly doubt anything get's announced until after earnings day on the 7th at this point, thankfully I got Universal news today, NHL playoffs to get upset about, and daughter's dance competition all weekend, that will take me back to May 6th of endlessly waiting for MNSSHP news lol
According to the media that received the Mushroom Medallion, it looks like they are announcing details about Super Nintendo World today.
As for MNSSHP - even though my pragmatic side tells me the announcement won't happen until next week, I'll still be refreshing the Disney blog all day, every day :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter