OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

We're planning on heading back April 9-16. We're so excited!!:yay: This will be our longest trip yet as we usually stay for 5 days. Can't wait!!:thumbsup2

Count me in! We are planning a short 5 day trip sometime in late April so that we can take our neice for her 3rd birthday. She turns 3 the 2nd week of May so we are going to take advantage of her being free still so we are looking at the last or 2nd to last week of April.

Does anyone know about April crowd levels? We could possibly do the first week of May but I kept reading about all of the groups/events leading to huge crowds.

Attendance naturally spikes during the week leading up to Easter. When we were there Easter week of 2010, crowds were crazy by the weekend and MK had general public hours 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Good Friday. April has the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot (that was actually the only park that we set foot into that particular week) which boosts attendance a little, but crowds drop off really quickly after Easter, so either of the last 2 weeks of April or the first 2 weeks of May are still not bad, crowd-wise. (Star Wars weekends bring many visitors starting the 3rd week of May.) Temps are moderate (mid 80's) and average rainfall is lower in April.

I came looking at this thread because, as a year-round school employee, like it or not I get the most bang for my vacation days when I travel with the school vacations. Since joining DVC we spend more time relaxing at resorts than we did before, but the heat of the past 2 summers was just miserable so I am thinking about following up our Christmas week 2011 vacation with an Easter Week 2012 trip. Nothing definite yet, but I thought I'd come make friends and see who else is going then.

I'm planning for 1-10 May 2012. :woohoo: First time!

I know it's not April, but there isn't a May thread (yet).

Speaking of booking room-only early - we're planning on going the week before Easter 2012 and we want one of the All-Star Family Suites. Are we likely to bump up against any problems getting one if we wait until August or September to book our package, or should I consider doing a room-only reservation at some point before packages go on sale? I know Easter is a really busy time (and trust me, we're going that week against my will!)

So, did you decide to book early with a room only ressie to get things started or are you still waiting for August/Sept? Do you have a verdict on flying vs driving yet?

I have to wait for Sept. for our DVC ressie (unless I want BLT where I could book now)--I think I'll try for Boardwalk for convenience to Epcot and F&GF.

And since I haven't posted in a while - savings continues. We had a bit of a setback a month or two ago in savings but we're back on track again. We've decided to stay at POFQ now that it's refurbed with the queen beds. We're bringing DD16's BFF and now that DH is making more money he says we can fly, which is awesome because it gives us a lot more time at WDW! Yay!

I also got a subscription to RideMax today from a friend as a gift. It's a 1 year sub and I know that it's not really useful until early next year but it will be interesting to play with different things and see how it works during other busy times of the year.

I know that going the week before Easter is going to be crowded, so I need all the tools I can get!

Yeh, we are "OFFICIAL!" Thanks angierae!

Our April dates are now April 21- 28. I cannot wait to book it!!!!!!!!!!

Joining in!

My name is Karen! I will be 33 on our trip (gasp!), and DH will be 35. My DD#1 will be 14 and DD#2 will still be 8. We will be staying at the BWV (We're DVC) March 31-7th.

This trip will be celebrating everything my DD now 13 has gone through over the past year. She was diagnosed with leukemia on July 14th of 2010 and has had numerous inpatient stays, a lengthy PICU stay, a stroke like episode, battled a systemic fungal infection that invaded her lungs, sinuses, and brain, has had her neurological and GI system debilitated by the chemos, and still has six months of intense chemo left before she gets into her less intense LTM phrase of chemo. She's expected to go OT on 4/4/2013!

Joining in!

My name is Karen! I will be 33 on our trip (gasp!), and DH will be 35. My DD#1 will be 14 and DD#2 will still be 8. We will be staying at the BWV (We're DVC) March 31-7th.

This trip will be celebrating everything my DD now 13 has gone through over the past year. She was diagnosed with leukemia on July 14th of 2010 and has had numerous inpatient stays, a lengthy PICU stay, a stroke like episode, battled a systemic fungal infection that invaded her lungs, sinuses, and brain, has had her neurological and GI system debilitated by the chemos, and still has six months of intense chemo left before she gets into her less intense LTM phrase of chemo. She's expected to go OT on 4/4/2013!

You all will really need this trip! Good luck to your daughter :)

You all will really need this trip! Good luck to your daughter :)

Thank you!

We are planning on doing some special things to celebrate her battle so far.

She loves Pirates and Tinker Bell. We are planning on booking The Pirate's League for her on one of our MK days, and then booking BBB for her little sister. That night, we want to do the Pirates and Pals cruise and then we are hoping to order a cake for her at one of her meals as well.

So has anyone one of us April 2012ers booked yet? The packages came out yesterday which is way earlier than the past. Book or wait hmmmmmm

Definitely booking when I get home tonight (my Disney gift cards are there, or else I'd have already called and booked). March 31st-April 7th, Me, DH, DD17 and the BFF16, Port Orleans French Quarter.

(And I totally estimated pricing, given past price increases, and was within $40 of what the actual price is going to be, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.)

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the Mickey Mouse phone call to let my kids know we are going to Disney?

Went ahead and bought tickets from Underground Tourist. While I want to go in April, without a nice room-only discount, that won't happen. So I am hoping for something attractive to come my way. Btw, getting the tickets from UT now saved me $50.00 per person (10 day PH) as opposed to the new prices from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter