***Official April 2024 Thread***

Were you able to take advantage of the discounts released this morning? I hope so!

Yes!

During our first length of stay we were able to switch to a Family Suite at All Star Music AND add a night so we can arrive on Saturday now (it's only 3 of us traveling together for the first half of my trip but having the extra space is going to be a huge help) for less than we were originally paying at French Quarter and the two of us who are staying longer were able to save almost $200 each on our Coronado stay!

Renting DVC points so couldn't take advantage (still paying a little less but that gap has narrowed a bit with this discount). Happy for all of you that were able to score lesser expensive vacations or were able to reallocate saved funds to more dole whips and mickey bars!

Yes!

During our first length of stay we were able to switch to a Family Suite at All Star Music AND add a night so we can arrive on Saturday now (it's only 3 of us traveling together for the first half of my trip but having the extra space is going to be a huge help) for less than we were originally paying at French Quarter and the two of us who are staying longer were able to save almost $200 each on our Coronado stay!
So I need to move your arrival one day and change FQ to All Star Music? Making sure before I update it.

We are staying the first week of April, arriving on Easter. I am so nervous with crowds, I am used to Spring Break as we usually visit during mid March. I am guessing that it will be worse than what we are used to due to the holiday. One positive thing is, I was able to apply the resort discount that came out today so that makes me feel better. :)

I wanted so badly to book Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside with this discount, unfortunately I just can't make it work. The good news is our sons may end up joining us for some/all of the trip. It looks like it would be 2 nights with 4 adults, then 4 nights with 3 adults then 2 nights with 2 adults. I chatted with Guest Services and they said we would need three separate reservations. Definitely not worth that. We did change to a queen suite at Residence Inn, Flamingo Crossings for our stay 4/8-4/15. They don't charge for extra adults so it just seemed the best for our situation...so happy to hear of others getting good discounts.

With the discount, I got another night (5) added to my GDT reservation for less than the original 4-night reservation.

Could you please add my dates: 4/6-4/9 OKW & 4/9-4/14 GDT

I'm pretty happy even though my goal was to get a 3-night CL room. I could get 4-5 nights CL but not 3. I could have booked 4/6-4/9 but I didn't want to mess around with the first half of the reservation and wanted the 3 nights for the second leg of the trip but I certainly didn't want to pay for 4-5 CL. I do have 99 DVC that I have to use or lose so it just wasn't going to work.

Last edited:
Updated post #4 with the additional After Hour dates for April.

I was hoping for more dates but at least one fell within our trip. Planning on going to the one in MK on the 22nd. We went years ago (2019) and loved it.

Is anyone else planning on attending one in April?

We are staying the first week of April, arriving on Easter. I am so nervous with crowds, I am used to Spring Break as we usually visit during mid March. I am guessing that it will be worse than what we are used to due to the holiday. One positive thing is, I was able to apply the resort discount that came out today so that makes me feel better. :)
We are also going that week, arriving on the 30th 1am (AA changed our flights). Split stay between POP until the 2nd, then Kidani Village until the 8th. We are planning to do MK on easter

I haven't been on this board much lately, but you can add me to the April crowd. We'll be there 4/20-4/26 at Boardwalk Villas (rented DVC points).

We're from NY, and that's the week our kids are off for Spring Break (it's Passover week). There don't seem to be a ton of surrounding states off that week (unlike when we were there for Easter in 2022) so my fingers are crossed that the crowds will be somewhat lower than a typical holiday week.

List updated - I hope I have everyone if not just let me know.

Some of you have to be getting pretty close to ADR day? Our day is in two weeks. What are you hoping to get? Here is our list:

The Plaza
Tony's
Skipper Canteen
Crystal Palace
San Angel
Tutto Italia
Rose and Crown - fireworks package
Mama Melrose
50's Primetime
Yak & Yeti
Rainforest Cafe
Raglan Road
O'hana's
Boma
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Magic Kingdom Dessert Party

Some of the above will be tough to get but we will give it a try. Have always been lucky to get everything so I know at some point that luck will run out.

So what ADR's do you all want?

So what ADR's do you all want?
Our ADR day is on Wednesday, April 7th and I'll have to make the reservations from the Wilderness Lodge. This isn't the first time that we were at Disney when our ADR date opened up for the next Disney trip. :)

We will try for the Boathouse and I'm not sure what else yet. The hardest ADR's to get tend to be the restaurants inside a park. SciFi is an example of a that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter