****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in. We'll be at POR from Aug 13-17 then over to a 1 bedroom at OKW from Aug 18-27. 14 nights in total - woo hoo! :banana: We usually go the last bit of Aug and into the first week of Sept but my oldest just started university this Fall so no more of that. I have to admit I'm worried about the crowds - I love Sept for next to no crowds. Also this is the first time we have others making the trip with us. So it will be my family (4 total) and my DH's daughter and her family (another 4), so 8 in total! Anyone with experience getting ADRs for so many people? Also hoping for some good RO discounts :worship:

I'd say have your ideas planned out before the 180+10 days out and be ready early to jump on and book them. Especially the hard to get like Ohana and BOG.

Hi everyone! I'm joining! I started planning this trip in June when I decided I couldn't wait any longer. For about 15 years straight I went to Disney every year (either DW or DL) and then I had a baby and she slowed me down :) Planning her first trip and my longest (10 days, wooo hoooo!!) It will be the 3 of us, my parents, and my brother's family (wife and 2 sons) so 9 total.

I'm hoping to either upgrade to a mod resort or get free dining for us, so I'm hoping someone on here has some suggestions on when to book and where to look. (with all of my trips I either stayed off site or in the values and never did much research, so as much as I should be an expert, I am not! One time at pofq, and it was nice) But now with more people to pay for, and a 6 and a half foot tall husband who needs at least a queen bed it's time to master the deals and do everything right!

I've been in mid-August before and it's great! The crowds def drop after the southern schools go back. You gotta be able to take the heat though ;)

Excited to count down with all of you!! Less than a year to go!

We are going in August 2014 too! There are 9 of us going, which is very exciting. My family (myself, my husband and our two kids), my brother, his wife, and their daughter, and my parents are all going! We are staying at POR from 8/8-8/17. We are SO excited! 364 more days! LOL!

Oh my-just read your post and thought you might be me :) We appear to be in the exact same situation! How funny!

Add me to the list...

8/16-8/24 Pop. I'm REALLY hoping I can swing WL but only time will tell.

We are finally moved in (almost a month) and in a school/work routine. I can finally get back to the Dis!

Budget took a bit of a dent with the move, but I'm hopeful to recover within the next year.

So excited! :cool1:

So we have our dates for the Disney part of our honeymoon- Aug 22-25! Finally decided on the BWI for its proximity to Epcot and for all of the great restaurants within walking distance. So excited!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Joining in... Tentatively booked a FD BB offer at POR Aug 20-31 2014. Excited to join in early to gather more ideas for next year!

We might be changing this.... The more we think about it the more we want to do the western leg again and hit San Francisco, DL and LA again. I'll keep it the same for now and change it when we know more!

We will be booking on the 10th for our 3rd trip. To start we will book 8/10-8/21 at AKV. On January 10th I hope to change that to 8/10-8/13 AKV and 8/14-24 at OKW. If we have to we will extend our 1st stay to 14 nights. It will be our 1st stay at AKV and our 2nd at OKW.

It will be just dh and I plus our 7 kids. 1 will turn 4 on the trip and it will be the baby's 1st visit. Before we head to Disney we will be spending a few nights somewhere on the Gulf coast. After 2 days in the car nonstop a beach is what we need but where is the question.

Hi ! I would be delighted to join as we have booked from 29th july to 11st august 2014. Iam an alone french mum with 2 kids. And we will stay at POR. And it will be our first trip to wdw !!! Hope to meet disney fans from Disboards there ! Xxx ;-))

Count me in. We'll be at POR from Aug 13-17 then over to a 1 bedroom at OKW from Aug 18-27. 14 nights in total - woo hoo! :banana: We usually go the last bit of Aug and into the first week of Sept but my oldest just started university this Fall so no more of that. I have to admit I'm worried about the crowds - I love Sept for next to no crowds. Also this is the first time we have others making the trip with us. So it will be my family (4 total) and my DH's daughter and her family (another 4), so 8 in total! Anyone with experience getting ADRs for so many people? Also hoping for some good RO discounts :worship:

For our 2012 trip we had 10 of us in total. I booked our ressies at 180 days and had no problems, not even with CRT. I did have to adjust some of the times we had considered, but I still got all our restaurants.

So we have our dates for the Disney part of our honeymoon- Aug 22-25! Finally decided on the BWI for its proximity to Epcot and for all of the great restaurants within walking distance. So excited!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

We stayed at BWI for our honeymoon as well. It was fantastic! Still one of my favorite resorts. Have a great time!

We might be changing this.... The more we think about it the more we want to do the western leg again and hit San Francisco, DL and LA again. I'll keep it the same for now and change it when we know more!

You and I seen to be on the same wavelength. We are considering going to California next year as well to visit some family. I would have to get to DL of course. I use the excuse that the kids have never seen it, but let's be honest I want to go. :rotfl2:

For our 2012 trip we had 10 of us in total. I booked our ressies at 180 days and had no problems, not even with CRT. I did have to adjust some of the times we had considered, but I still got all our restaurants.

That's good to hear - thanks Pirate princess!

We are planning on going Aug 25-Sept 4 and staying at POR. We didn't do a family trip this year, so we are very excited for next year. Our last trip was Aug 2012 and knowing that we were taking a year off has made this last year of waiting to start our planning really long. :surfweb:

I am making a quick trip down, solo, at the end of this month and I hope to be able to book a bounceback with free dining. :wizard:

I think that other family members will be meeting us there but they will be doing their own planning. :thumbsup2 I am way to nervous to plan for anyone besides my own kids and DH and myself. I would be so worried that everyone would not agree or get to do things at their own pace. So, we just let them know when we are going and that we can meet up for some ADRs and maybe a couple hours at a park or two. That way we can do our vacation our way. My kids are happier that way. :goodvibes

Joining in and subbing!! Can't wait to make ADRs and share plans!!:)

My husband is teasing me because i'm already like "we should start talking about what meals we want to book!" And he's lauging to me, "IT'S SEPTEMBER!" What can I say, i miss Disney. I wrote them yesterday with a new attraction suggetstion lol. I hope they like it because I think it would be a hit!!

My husband is teasing me because i'm already like "we should start talking about what meals we want to book!" And he's lauging to me, "IT'S SEPTEMBER!" What can I say, i miss Disney. I wrote them yesterday with a new attraction suggetstion lol. I hope they like it because I think it would be a hit!!

I did this back in June and my kids and my husband thought I was crazy! Hey a girls' gotta have a plan and I need to know do we do a dining plan or TIW. No other way than to plan your meals out for 2 weeks right?

I just booked this morning. For today we are 8/10-8/16 AKV Kidani. Now i get to extend that by a day every day for the next 7 days. Then in January I will be hopefully changing it again to a different DVC resort so we can have a split stay.

That's good to hear - thanks Pirate princess!

You're welcome.

We just got back last Tues. Before we even left we were talking about where we want to eat next year. :rotfl2:

Hi All! Brand new to the boards (athough been lurking for quite some time!), and we just got back from a week long stay at AoA LM last month. The stay at AoA was great, and we all enjoyed our two rooms in the Little Mermaid section. While there, we took advantage of the Bounceback offer, and we're returning to WDW on August 20 for a few nights in a cabin in Fort Wilderness (haven't stayed at FW since '91).:cool1:

Like Poohlover, we too are doing a 3-day cruise on the Dream the week before, so we're not quite sure what we're gonna do from Aug. 17-20. Either we'll try a few nights in the new hotel that Universal is building (Cabana Bay), with a couple days at Islands of Adventure/USF, but we'd rather do a split stay at Disney at one of the values again. Of course, this will all depend on what WDW will be offering as far as incentives go (keeping fingers crossed for more FD in August or some good room discounts; we'll see!).:confused3

Anyway, glad to be here with you and looking forward to seeing you in the parks next August!:thumbsup2

We just got back last Tues. Before we even left we were talking about where we want to eat next year. :rotfl2:
MY KINDA FAMILY!! Not only do I simply love eating but I can't cook :rotfl2: I look forward to eating all that great food at Disney!!

Like Poohlover, we too are doing a 3-day cruise on the Dream the week before, so we're not quite sure what we're gonna do from Aug. 17-20. Either we'll try a few nights in the new hotel that Universal is building (Cabana Bay), with a couple days at Islands of Adventure/USF, but we'd rather do a split stay at Disney at one of the values again. Of course, this will all depend on what WDW will be offering as far as incentives go (keeping fingers crossed for more FD in August or some good room discounts; we'll see!).:confused3

Anyway, glad to be here with you and looking forward to seeing you in the parks next August!:thumbsup2

YAY for cruising into Disney! I've never done one before so I'm super excited my DH is a HUGE fan of cruising so I think we're gonna have a great time. Also, I too am waiting with anticipation for the new discount they will be offering in August. To bad we have to wait till around May to hear what it is lol.:listen: I'm ready to hear when you're ready to tell Disney!

Thanks, Poohlover! I'm very excited about the cruise/WDW trip next year myself! My family is a bit hesitant, as they are first time cruisers (Although this is my first Disney cruise, I've made quite a few some years back courtesy of Uncle Sam via the Navy... I'm hoping the Dream has better chow!) ;)

May 2014 is when I, too, am figuring we may see any discount promos being released for next summer, so I'll be watching along with you. I have to admit, I was pretty bummed out when I learned that Disney's FD promo for AUG14 doesn't begin until August 20th. So, if I made the res to start on the 17th (when I need it to start), I would have been ineligible for the FD promo. This leaves that time period (17-20) open to spend anywhere in Orlando, and as much as I'd rather be spending my time (and money) with the mouse, costs keep going up, so I'm forced to look for whomever may be offering the best deal, and Universal has been calling (perhaps being number 2, you do try harder!)... I sure hope the wiz kids at Disney promo planning are considering this when they think about any other future promos for next August! :scratchin I'm sure they would rather keep folks sleeping in their beds!

Since we upgraded all of our tickets a few weeks ago to A/P's, count me in for next August. Nothing officially booked yet, but we are hoping/planning for something on or around the 2nd week of August! Looking at the Poly but may be doing a split stay. Will wait to see what type of deals/discounts come thru before I decide. And my craziness began before this last trip even ended :lmao:!

Hello fellow August planners!! We will be at AKL from 8/5-8/15. I wanted to stay at Poly but I do not want to worry about the construction. We might change to BWI. I am a known resort changer:rolleyes1. This will be our 4th trip and our first deluxe stay. DS and I are looking forward to it. We did a 10 night trip last month and I have a serious case of the Disney blues so to make up for it, I have started my scrapbook!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter