Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

We will be flying into Orlando and needing to rent a minivan. I checked the airport website and it says there are ten on-site rental agencies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent-a-car, Hertz, L&M Car Rental, National and Thrifty.

The only one I have ever used is Enterprise, as they are the only ones that have a location in my area (and the rates I paid were nowhere near as low as what some of you are quoting!!).

Does anyone have any good/bad reviews on any of these? Is there an agency that I should avoid at all costs? Is there another on-site agency that wasn't listed on the website?

TIA!

We will be flying into Orlando and needing to rent a minivan. I checked the airport website and it says there are ten on-site rental agencies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent-a-car, Hertz, L&M Car Rental, National and Thrifty.

The only one I have ever used is Enterprise, as they are the only ones that have a location in my area (and the rates I paid were nowhere near as low as what some of you are quoting!!).

Does anyone have any good/bad reviews on any of these? Is there an agency that I should avoid at all costs? Is there another on-site agency that wasn't listed on the website?

TIA!

We have rented from Alamo, Budget & National (and Enterprise locally) All are just fine as far as I have experienced. All are easy access right there at MCO.....there is another called EZ car rental....and I have seen some reviews that made me kind of scared to rent from them. All of the well known companys have been good for us.

I just came across a good rate from Budget for 9/10, picking up at 2pm and then dropping off on 9/15 at 4:30pm.

If I'm willing to pay for the intermediate car now when I reserve it, the rate is 115.50.

Now I'm wondering if I should just go for it and quit looking around for a lower rate since it's well within my budgeted amount for a car rental.

:thumbsup2 I'd say go for it! Sounds like a great rate! Can you share your find with everyone or is it private?:goodvibes

But this one works today for Budget - bringing it back down to $129 CND.

W852800 (Costco) coupon MUWZ020

:thumbsup2 I'd say go for it! Sounds like a great rate! Can you share your find with everyone or is it private?:goodvibes

I just logged into my Budget account and then went to reserve a car. There were no codes, it just said if I prepaid for the car, I could get it for that rate.

I didn't do it this weekend though and now I'm thinking I should have. I think when I get done working today (yeah, I'm at work. LOL) - I'll see if it's still available and book it.

Alamo $437 for 9/25-10/8
Using Insider's code and $40 off BJs coupon.

Still would like to see if come down another $150, but I reserved this for now.

Alamo $437 for 9/25-10/8
Using Insider's code and $40 off BJs coupon.

Still would like to see if come down another $150, but I reserved this for now.

Checked it again today. Down another $40. Standard Car now down to $397 inclusive of taxes using Insider's and BJ's coupon.

I have only used priceline name your own price for rental cars before and each time got an awesome rate for a minivan. This year however, I'm having no luck getting my price accepted.
So I have secured a reservation I can live with with Dollar from 9-4 thru 9-15 for $487 total. It's a weekly rate of $239 plus 4 extra days at $33.59 each day.

I also have a reservation with E-Z for around $90 less than this, but can't decide if I want to chance renting with them.

However that $90 would be a buffet at Disney for my family so we'll see - lol.

I still will keep trying Priceline also....

*Edited to add that these reservations are for a minivan. We have to have a minivan - Too many people and bags and strollers lol

Rates are all over the place. Booked last week for $130 (Budget, compact, 9/8 - 9/14 w/Costco discount). Checked today and the rate was $362! I guess the best strategy is to book early and often!

Checked it again today. Down another $40. Standard Car now down to $397 inclusive of taxes using Insider's and BJ's coupon.

CHecked again today. Rates are down again! :cool1:
9/25-10/8
Standard Size Car
$307 inclusive of taxes and fees.
Insider's Code and BJ's wholesale $40 off coupon.
Saved another $90 from yesterday! :goodvibes

I just booked Dollar 9/25 to 10/5 (10 days, 6 hours so 11 day rate) for $240 all taxes in, using discount code 5C11M.

If you are a union member you can qualify for discounts through Union Plus. I have a Alamo reservations (mid size) 9/14 thru 9/20 - $170 all taxes and fees included in that price.

Wonder what's going on with my week? Sept 1-8. Alamo has not budged from about $375 for midsize for days (using Visa code 7015504 and $30 coupon). Maybe because it's the week of Labor Day?

Wonder what's going on with my week? Sept 1-8. Alamo has not budged from about $375 for midsize for days (using Visa code 7015504 and $30 coupon). Maybe because it's the week of Labor Day?

Yes, because it is Labor day and also a bit early to see a drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter